Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What MMA rules would you change if you could unify the organizations?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

saintbice

Learning to Sprawl

saintbice Avatar

Career:425-306
Camp: Pennsylvania Posse
Chips:
i like the Vale Tudo Rules used in Pride but in a cage like the UFC

Post #16   1/27/07 10:39:24AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Eblows have to be allowed.
Kicks and stomps on ground no.
Knees on gound............... may be.
Cage. Yes UFC has the best cage. Only TKO major league MMA has one like it. Other cages are square. Or like KOTC they are smaller yet the fences are higher. The ring is better to watch. But having corners can be deadly.

Post #17   1/27/07 10:41:02AM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
yellow cards
kick/stomps/knees to downed opponent in the head

Post #18   1/28/07 1:42:07AM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
anything to stop the lay n pray

Post #19   1/28/07 1:42:59AM   

Trench777

MMA Regular

Trench777 Avatar

Career:171-141
Chips:
Rings are for boxers.

No rules, the way Gracie envisioned it.

T777

Post #20   12/26/07 2:19:09AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Here are some things I would change:

Allow limited strikes to the head of a downed opponent.

Change the scoring system. The 8-9-10 system doesn't work for MMA. Make points more numerous, but have penalty points for things like fence grabbing, groin shots, etc.

I like the longer rounds with 2min. rest. I would rather see title fights with three 8 or 9 min. rounds and 2 min. rest. Regular fights could be three six min rounds with 1.5min rest.

Post #21   12/26/07 3:53:44PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
Headbutts as somepoeple said should not be allowed.. THey are dfangerous in alot of ways... And would end up cutting short alot of fighters carears... most boxers who have had 30 or more fights by the time they are someone like Randy's age are already starting to show signs of brain damage... this is cause of the repeated blows to the head that do not cause much imeadite damage but still effect the brain. Each shot to the head creates at least 3 impacts to the brain... thats not counting if the head hits anything else... adding headbutts injures BOTH fighters.. and will also cause alot of fights to be stopped because of cuts when a fighter is otherwise fine...

Knees on the ground I think would be ok just not to the head.

Kicks to a downed opponent Again not to the head should be allowed...

Elbows while causeing cuts do not in most cases create as much concussive force as a punch... so I think should stay

I think a ring and a cage each have thier own unique pro's and cons... Fans like the visability of a ring, the cage prevents fighters from moving out of the area and restarts which keeps the action going more... how about this... a plexiglass type of enclosure.... you can see through it easinly there is no fence to grab? (just an idea)

As for the time... I do like that 10 minute 1st round pride had... you can always do a 2nd and 3rd round... perhaps as many rounds as needed until there is a winner and do away with points.. all wins are by Submission KO/TKO or a fighter quitting... Since it seems most judges have no clue what they are watching..

Last edited 5/20/08 7:01PM server time by the-don
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   5/20/08 6:54:21PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2