Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Reljic vs. Thales

Print  
Goran or Thales
Reljic 20 67%
Leites 10 33%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

PrinceofTranceGlobal

Banned

Career:4-5
Chips:
Now this is a tough one to pick. I am gonna go Thales. He is smart enough not to sit and throw with Goran. Who probably already is one of the best strikers in all of MMA. By the way, with the way Goran had his stance against Wilson, it seems if you throw kicks at his side, your gonna be landing all night. I think Thales should soften him up with kicks and dirty boxing, take him down and use his underated JJ. And this Goran, at this weight class, very smart move, he will be a beast. I hope this fight gets televised, should be fun.

Post #1   9/7/08 6:18:03PM   

ziegler3334

Standup Guy

ziegler3334 Avatar

Career:547-284
Chips:
Reljics first UFC fight was televised and he didnt disappoint, so im guessing this one will be too, thankfully.

Thales won on the cards against marquardt, but it was due to 2 points deducted. nate clearly won the fight, so i'm not too confident in leites. Reljic showed his stand up prowess in his last fight and he is dangerous on the ground as well.

I would say that the ground game could go either way, but that reljic has the better stand up.

also, he will be a bigger middleweight than leites, which could be good or bad depending on if he loses gas faster at a lighter wieght.

reljic, tko, 2nd round

Post #2   9/7/08 6:30:10PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Not for me... I gotta go with Reljic. I was impressed with his last fight, and unimpressed with Thales's last fight. Reljic didn't get submitted by someone who is probably a better jj practicioner than Leites. Goran, R1 KO/TKO.

Post #3   9/7/08 6:31:04PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Reljic, I thought he would get wrecked by Gouveia on the ground but he didn't in fact he totally tooled Wilson on the feet which isn't that bad. Also Thales's cadrio can be suspect at times also Marquardt beat him if it wasn't for the penalties

Post #4   9/7/08 6:37:16PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:3,202-2,384
Chips:
I got to go with Reljic, he looked very impressive in his last fight, and should beat Leites, my prediction:Reljic by TKO in the 2nd.

Post #5   9/7/08 7:13:56PM   

PrinceofTranceGlobal

Banned

Chips:
First of all Thales was easily beating Nate until Nate cheated. And he cheated twice. Dont you realize that Nate only did good after illegally kneeing Thales in the head. Its funny and telling how when both fighters where fighting on an even level Thales was the clear winner. A illegal groin shot is one thing, a illegal knee is different. That should have been a dq win right there for Thales. Its a testament to how talented he is that he won that. I wanna see Thales illegally knee Nate in the head, and then immeidatly fight Nate and see how Nate would do. Last time I saw an illegal knee, right at the beginning John Alessio kneed Brock Larson, and boom, the fight is a DQ win, you know why, because every reasonable person and their momma knows it is unfair to ask Brock to fight after that. So why did Thales have to fight after that. Yet he still won. I am shocked by this talk of Nate should have won that fight. It gets my temper up, I have to count to 10 to make this post within the realms of this site's temperament. When you cheat in a fight, your not a real winner. Thales fought fairly and won. Hes a better fighter than Nate, it s plain as nebraska is flat.

Post #6   9/7/08 7:19:02PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
reljic can hang with thales on the ground and he has better standup, i think he takes a decision.

Post #7   9/7/08 7:23:41PM   

PrinceofTranceGlobal

Banned

Chips:
I think Thales is one of the most complete fighters in all of MMA, I am taking him for the pick.

Post #8   9/7/08 8:30:02PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by PrinceofTranceGlobal

First of all Thales was easily beating Nate until Nate cheated. And he cheated twice. Dont you realize that Nate only did good after illegally kneeing Thales in the head. Its funny and telling how when both fighters where fighting on an even level Thales was the clear winner. A illegal groin shot is one thing, a illegal knee is different. That should have been a dq win right there for Thales. Its a testament to how talented he is that he won that. I wanna see Thales illegally knee Nate in the head, and then immeidatly fight Nate and see how Nate would do. Last time I saw an illegal knee, right at the beginning John Alessio kneed Brock Larson, and boom, the fight is a DQ win, you know why, because every reasonable person and their momma knows it is unfair to ask Brock to fight after that. So why did Thales have to fight after that. Yet he still won. I am shocked by this talk of Nate should have won that fight. It gets my temper up, I have to count to 10 to make this post within the realms of this site's temperament. When you cheat in a fight, your not a real winner. Thales fought fairly and won. Hes a better fighter than Nate, it s plain as nebraska is flat.

Does someone have a Thales Leites man crush??

Post #9   9/7/08 8:38:00PM   

PrinceofTranceGlobal

Banned

Chips:
Is that a man crush. Or is that expressing that I am sick to my stomach of people saying Nate should have won that fight. Anything illegal is cheating, sometimes intentional sometimes unintentional. Not only was this illegal, it was a knee, and not only was it a knee, it was a knee to the head. Thales was much better up until that point. How uneducated of a person do you have to be to not take that into account. How can people not realize that if Thales had done that to Nate, he probably would have knocked Nate out and won right there. Other times when this happens, fights are stopped. This poor guy had to fight under a circumstance that totally schewed the compititve balance of the fight. Yet he still won. That shows the he is not only better than Nate, but he is a notch above.

Post #10   9/7/08 8:52:03PM   

mrkennedy

MMA Sensei

mrkennedy Avatar

Career:4,175-2,431
Chips:
Leites deserve to fight top cotender like Yushin Okami or a rematch vs Marquardt

Post #11   9/7/08 8:59:34PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:
That's a whole lot of IF's.

Post #12   9/7/08 9:05:02PM   

PrinceofTranceGlobal

Banned

Chips:
You dont get it. He did an illegal knee to the head. That is not an if. That is a fact. What part about that do you not understand. Yet, Thales still was able to come up with the victory. I would love to see the rematch, itll be an easier win for him.

Post #13   9/7/08 9:08:27PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:
There's not much to understand. The ref didn't DQ the fight and Thales got the win because of the 2 deducted points. If you add them points to the judges' cards, Marquardt wins the fight, so I don't see how you can say Thales was winning.

Post #14   9/7/08 9:23:20PM   

PrinceofTranceGlobal

Banned

Chips:

If there ever was a post where this was needed this was it. I cant believe you think a guy who illegally kneed a downed opponent in the head deserved to win. I would shudder if you where a ref.

Post #15   9/7/08 9:43:50PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2