Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Worst Decision of the Night?

Print  
What was the worst decision of the night?
Henderson vs. Palhares 8 13%
Chonan vs. Carneiro 17 27%
Pellegrino vs. Tavares 6 10%
Brown vs. Kim 31 50%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

I vote Chuck throwing that upper cut

Hahahaha

Post #16   9/7/08 3:38:05PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
if you think any of those decisions were bad you don't know how to score a fight. I'm surprised anyone even thinks Palhares won round 2. He had one submission attempt and did nothing else the whole fight except dive in head first from 5 feet away.

Dan escaped and he controlled the entire fight, including the other 4 and a half minutes in round 2.

Post #17   9/7/08 3:45:21PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:382-218
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Sounds about right. I didnt talk the whole car ride home with my buddy after that haha.

Post #18   9/7/08 4:12:52PM   

MHughes4prez17

Learning to Sprawl

MHughes4prez17 Avatar

Career:934-660
Camp: Team Herbster
Chips:
STFU cuz u clearly were not watching the same fight that everyone else was watching, Henderson dominated him from start to finish with the exception of a few failed submission attempts that Palhares tried to do.

So next time when a fight is on your tv actually watch it instead of posting messages that makes you sound like a complete jerk-off

Post #19   9/7/08 4:19:55PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
Yep every body love Dan even though they didn't even promote his fight and most of the people in the USA don't know him that well but we all just love him so much. I guess thumping the guys head all night won't win ya the fight.

Post #20   9/7/08 4:49:12PM   

voodoo-jitsu

Banned

Career:189-114
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

and keeping his hand down

Post #21   9/7/08 8:34:05PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Tavares Pelegrino agreed with all others

Post #22   9/7/08 8:40:21PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by motorboatensob

Yep every body love Dan even though they didn't even promote his fight and most of the people in the USA don't know him that well but we all just love him so much. I guess thumping the guys head all night won't win ya the fight.

every single time he shot.. haha

i loved the sprawl to kneeling right hook haha.

Post #23   9/7/08 11:30:34PM   

SymptomX

Learning to Sprawl

SymptomX Avatar

Career:125-77
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by CCPRIDE99

idk how somebody can scoop somebody and drop them flat on their back and not win a round or almost break a guys leg and also not win a round so in my opinion rousimar got screwed very badly just because everybody loves dan henderson

and btw
henderson will NEVER beat anderson silva
so all the people talking about him getting a title shot are just plain stupid
and if he does get a shot
i feel sorry for the poor bastard

Hendo dominated the fight from start to finish. One leg lock attempt doesn't win you a round where almost every single take down you shoot is stuffed and then you're punished for it. I don't know how you saw Rousimar getting screwed... Dan handled him from start to finish... I think Matt Brown got a raw deal.. even though by normal judging Kim did get two take downs and inflicted most of the damage (that one elbow lol) durring that third round. Also you could score the first round for Kim because he was on Brown's back the entire time and very nearly got the choke. Henderson is one of the few people who has a chance.. not saying he will win, but he does have a chance against Anderson Silva. I really wouldn't mind seeing a rematch. But the one thing i DO agree with you is i feel sorry for ANYONE who has to face Anderson Silva.

Firstly, Hendo won the fight comfortably. No doubt about that decision.
Although, I picked Toquinho, I can't argue against that decision.
Secondly, I don't see how Matt Brown got a raw deal. He lost the fight pretty clearly in my opinion. They traded a 10-9 each rounds 1 and 2, and Kim took 3.
Crowd booing is ridiculous, but not as pathetic as Joe Rogan acting up and playing to the crowd. Anyone (including Jogan) who gave the 3rd to Brown, don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

The closest decision was Jucao losing to Chonan.
But it was a close fight so you can see it either way

Post #24   9/8/08 6:25:48AM   

Canadian-Pain

MMA Regular

Canadian-Pain Avatar

Career:282-198
Camp: Canadian Pain
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Post #25   9/8/08 12:06:49PM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

There is no need for this thread, there were no bad decisions at UFC 88.

I agree. I have not seen the Pelegrino fight yet, but I thought the final decision was the right one on the other fights.

Post #26   9/8/08 12:51:29PM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:
I voted Brown/Kim.

But upon further investigation I discovered that 2 of the 3 judges have a background in judging rodeos.

This explains how Kim "rode" his way to victory.

(I'm sure Kim was on Brown's back well past the 8 sec mark on several occasion's before being bucked off)

Last edited 9/8/08 3:32PM server time by JohnnyNapalm
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #27   9/8/08 3:22:01PM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:

Really? If Kim/Brown wasn't a bad decision could you explain how you scored it for Kim?

Kim's most effective technique all night:

Post #28   9/8/08 3:31:53PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

Really? If Kim/Brown wasn't a bad decision could you explain how you scored it for Kim?

well, that's a more dominant position and scored the rounds for him, Brown only had the audience on his side on a classic not-well known fighters USA vs. "other country" match ans walking out to Charlie Daniel's "The devil went down to Georgia", Kim won clearly, go see that fight again.

Post #29   9/8/08 8:04:47PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Posted by JohnnyNapalm

well, that's a more dominant position and scored the rounds for him, Brown only had the audience on his side on a classic not-well known fighters USA vs. "other country" match ans walking out to Charlie Daniel's "The devil went down to Georgia", Kim won clearly, go see that fight again.

Kim won round 1 with ground control and submission attempts, Brown won round two with better striking and effective damage and then Kim won round 3 with 2 take downs and some decent GnP that opened up a cut on Brown. Kim wins 29-28...it was no coincidence that the only judge to score it for Brown was Cecil Peoples...

Post #30   9/8/08 9:08:16PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3