Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

HDNet finally coming to comcast!

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

HDNet And HDNet Movies Announce Affiliation Agreement with Comcast
Addition of HDNet Programming Part of Comcast's Project Infinity Commitment to Deliver Best and Most Content Available Anytime, Anywhere
(DALLAS) September 4, 2008 - HDNet, the leader in high definition programming, today announced a carriage agreement to add HDNet and HDNet Movies to Comcast's strong high definition (HD) programming line up. The agreement enables Comcast, the nation's leading provider of entertainment, information and communications products and services, to provide the two HDNet networks to HD subscribers in many of its systems, including free On Demand programming, in addition to increasing Comcast's carriage of HDNet over the next year.

"We're thrilled to have a partnership that will provide Comcast's customers with top-notch HD programming. This agreement between two leading HD providers will help shape the ever-expanding world of high definition programming," said Mark Cuban, president and co-founder of HDNet. "This marketplace agreement makes HDNet's cutting edge, independent programming accessible to many more cable homes across the country."

"With hundreds of HD choices available to Comcast customers, we believe that partnering with HDNet further complements our offering by bringing both compelling and high quality HD programming to our customers in this increasingly competitive marketplace," said Matt Bond, executive vice president, content acquisition, Comcast. "This partnership is another example of the strides we're making on our Project Infinity commitment to deliver more HD choices than anywhere else."

Launched in September of 2001, HDNet became the world's first national television network broadcasting all of its programming in high definition. HDNet is the exclusive, high definition home for critically acclaimed original programming, including television's only HD news feature programs "HDNet World Report," "Dan Rather Reports," featuring legendary journalist Dan Rather. HDNet also features championship sports coverage from MLS to MMA and groundbreaking music programming with the HDNet Concert Series.

Link Great news for subscibers of the largest cable company in the US. Remember you don't actually need a HD tv to watch, just a HD decoder. Hell, splurge! you're going to need one pretty soon anyways! Amazing channel for MMA!

Post #1   9/5/08 2:10:08AM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
who cares

Post #2   9/5/08 10:06:55AM   

Diamondback2

MMA Regular

Diamondback2 Avatar

Career:409-266
Chips:

Posted by xburbx

who cares

Me. Hell yes! In MI Comcast is the dominant provider, and in my apt complex all we can get is comcast.

Looks like i got to get comcast again, canceled it because they did not have HD Net but now thats changed!

I can finally watch Inside MMA, DREAM, and all that good stuff!

Post #3   9/5/08 10:21:04AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by xburbx

who cares

Probably people who have Comcast and want to watch HDNet.

Do your trolling @ Sherdog, please.

Post #4   9/5/08 10:21:32AM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Wow, there are a ton of REAL mma fans out there who haven't been able to access this channel and now can. HDNet has live MMA on almost every weekend including some of the biggest events from Japan. Just because this may not effect you doesn't mean its not news.

Post #5   9/5/08 2:47:20PM   

BlessMahMic

Learning to Sprawl

BlessMahMic Avatar

Career:683-454
Chips:
I cant wait

Post #6   10/16/08 1:44:30AM