Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor's Manager Confirms That Fedor Is Contractually Free To Fight Couture Anywhere

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Raimond On The Possibility Of Fedor vs. Couture In The UFC:

"Who knows? What that will do for a possible bout between Fedor and Randy, that's very difficult to say at this point in time. The only thing I can say from our side is that we are open and willing to work with any organization to make that fight happen, and we've also expressed that to the UFC. Irrespective of who the organization is, we're willing to work with anybody to do that. The contracts that Fedor has at this point in time would allow for such a fight to take place, and specifically the Randy fight, so we're free to make that happen if the opportunity presents itself. We've made provisions in any and all contracts that refer to Fedor to allow that fight to take place, with any organization in conjunction or in coooperation with whoever. Contractually there's not an issue.

Link

Last edited 9/4/08 5:36PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   9/4/08 5:33:36PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:
I dont see this really happening..Didnt Dana say that he doesnt like to get involved with others contracts??.So the only way i seen this fight happening in the UFC is if Fedor gets a UFC contract..But who knows..He did allow Royce to come in and fight Hughes in a non title fight...so i guess we'll have to play the waiting game..and if Brock beats Randy then will Randy/Fedor even interest anyone anymore??? wouldnt Brock vs Fedor be the new interest.

Post #2   9/4/08 5:38:15PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

I dont see this really happening..Didnt Dana say that he doesnt like to get involved with others contracts??.So the only way i seen this fight happening in the UFC is if Fedor gets a UFC contract..But who knows..He did allow Royce to come in and fight Hughes in a non title fight...so i guess we'll have to play the waiting game..and if Brock beats Randy then will Randy/Fedor even interest anyone anymore??? wouldnt Brock vs Fedor be the new interest.

Difference is that most people knew Royce would lose to Matt Hughes. Or at least the powers that be were confident that Hughes would beat him.

On the flip side- who really thinks Randy will beat Fedor? Maybe 1 out of 3 guys that know what they're talking about. (Not saying Randy doesn't have a chance. I'm just saying that it's not quite a lock like Hughes vs. Gracie was)

Post #3   9/4/08 5:43:31PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
They can fight in my backyard. That's anywhere

Post #4   9/4/08 5:51:56PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
I'm curious what the nature of the situation was with Dana allowing Chuck to enter Pride for one fight back in the day? Could that scenerio be applied to the Couture situation?

Post #5   9/4/08 5:53:15PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

I'm curious what the nature of the situation was with Dana allowing Chuck to enter Pride for one fight back in the day? Could that scenerio be applied to the Couture situation?

wasnt that a tournament?

Post #6   9/4/08 6:02:37PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Mayo

wasnt that a tournament?

It was the middleweight Grand Prix in Pride.

Post #7   9/4/08 6:08:46PM   

Givershit

MMA Regular

Career:326-185
Chips:
Dana said he's not interested in signing Fedor to a one fight deal. He'll need to sign a three fight deal to make Dana happy and I don't see that happening.

Post #8   9/4/08 6:09:36PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Mayo

wasnt that a tournament?

It was the middleweight Grand Prix in Pride.

The first time Chuck to fight Guy Mezger it wasnt, but later on when he went back it was.

Post #9   9/4/08 6:16:23PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,974-1,624
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Unless Fedor signs a contract with the UFC I dont see this fight happening anytime soon. I think Randy should have to fight Big Nog before he gets a shot at Fedor. Thats if he gets by Brock Lesnar!

Post #10   9/4/08 6:48:25PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:
I don't think he will get past Brock but if he dose they need to set the fight up with him and Fedor then do him and Nog. They really only need one fight with Fedor if he wins well who else is there for him to fight and if he loses he will want to redeem him self and will be forced to sign and fight his way back to Randy.

Post #11   9/4/08 9:07:55PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
This wont happen unless Fedor is under contact for the UFC. Dana wont be "cooperative", or go into "conjunction" with any other organizations for a 1 fight deal..and a co-promotion..no way in my eyes. He knows the want/need for this fight and wants to reap all of the the benefeits. Becasue if Fedor beats Randy at least then he will have control of the #1 HW in the world. it just good buisness is his eyes.....cant blame him for wanting it all or can we?

Post #12   9/4/08 9:48:51PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
If Dana wants a multi fight deal it can't be exclusive, he has to allow M-1 global ad's and he has to sign other red devil fighters. It's the exact same perameter's that it was when he woulden't sign Fedor months ago. I don't get why Randy coming back means anything has changed.

Post #13   9/4/08 11:07:21PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Posted by Mayo

Dana has said that they sent Chuck over as sort of a "good faith" gesture in an attempt to get them to send some of their fighters over (mostly wanderlei) but sakikabara apparently didn't live up to his end of the "deal". I can't give you a source, but I know that I heard Dana refer to it in this manner at a press conference when a reporter asked a similar question.

It's probably part of the reason he isn't willing to do cross-promotional fights anymore. That and the fact that with PRIDE gone UFC is firmly #1 in the market and doesn't really need to do them.

Post #14   9/4/08 11:42:35PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by Mayo

Dana has said that they sent Chuck over as sort of a "good faith" gesture in an attempt to get them to send some of their fighters over (mostly wanderlei) but sakikabara apparently didn't live up to his end of the "deal". I can't give you a source, but I know that I heard Dana refer to it in this manner at a press conference when a reporter asked a similar question.

It's probably part of the reason he isn't willing to do cross-promotional fights anymore. That and the fact that with PRIDE gone UFC is firmly #1 in the market and doesn't really need to do them.

Lol maybe Sakikibara didn't because Dana didn't pay the $250,000 they bet. Yeah now Dana doesn't want to give any other promotions any kind of exposure, especially American promotions.

Post #15   9/4/08 11:58:47PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2