Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rob McCullough vs Donald Cerrone

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Who wins?

I think Donald's muay thai is better and he has a reach advantage. We haven't gotten to see his muay thai much but I know he's pretty well decorated. His jiu-itsu has looked really good as well.

Razor Rob has looked a little timid lately. Fighting basically not to lose in his last bout after the Varner loss. Rob is really wll rounded but more often than not he chooses to stand. He also has great muay thai but just not as good as Donald's in my opinion.

Donald by UD.

Post #1   9/2/08 11:39:43PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Im not sold on either guy right now, but im taking razor rob to see that rematch with varner

Post #2   9/2/08 11:53:59PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Rob looked absolutely awful in his last outing and was pretty much handed the win... at any rate i think Cowboy takes out Razor Rob in the first by Sub.

Post #3   9/2/08 11:54:11PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I think people are too quick to judge Razor Rob for his last fight being unexciting. You're hearing very little blame on the other side of the cage but the fact of the matter is a fight is a 2 man affair. Not to mention the fact that Razor was coming off a huge KO loss, so of course he's going to be a little timid on the feet. He still obliged when the punching came inside. Honestly, though... look at everyone's golden boy GSP vs. Koscheck to see a timid guy on the feet after getting KO'd.

Anyway, the cowboy represents a new era of mixed martial artists, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see him showcase his standup skills in this fight, but then again I wouldn't be surprised to see a hunger inside Razor Rob, either. It should be a great fight.

Post #4   9/2/08 11:55:16PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
I like both... I am gonna go with COWBOY just cause were both Donald's...

Post #5   9/7/08 4:36:59PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Cerrone will be champ in no time...just needs to beat Razor Rob, and he'll fight Varner. Both McCullough and Varner love to stand, and I can see Cowboy knocking either of them out with high kicks, or subbing either of them. He has all the tools to win, he just needs the fights.

Post #6   9/16/08 10:40:38AM