Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Official Lesnar vs. Couture thread

Print  
  Page 6 of 8   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8  
Posted By Message

lebrontheking23

Learning to Sprawl

lebrontheking23 Avatar

Career:424-271
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
i can't see courure ever beating him but i hope that he does. lesnar is probally going to just dominate him down for 5 straight rounds

Post #76   10/1/08 8:34:27PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,298-1,373
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
gonna keep this short..Couture due to Lesnar inexperience..Lesnar might mual Couture for the 1st round..but Couture been there done that..so he's gonna fight a way to sub Lesnar...

Post #77   10/8/08 12:00:30PM   

jcsambo

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
couture will win!
after couture wins he will definitely leave ufc

- http://jcsambo.blogspot.com

Post #78   10/8/08 2:26:11PM   

HLONWLS

Learning to Sprawl

HLONWLS Avatar

Career:122-88
Chips:
the only thing I disagree with jiujitsufreak on the second post of this thread, is this fight is not about who has the best chance of beating anyone. It is about who can make the most money off of Randy Couture before he sunsets his career (including Randy). I hope for Randy its also about solidifying in everyone's mind who the best heavyweight who ever stepped in the octagon really is. Unfortunately we may never know who that truly is.

total props for post #2

Last edited 10/10/08 2:39PM server time by hlonwls
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #79   10/10/08 2:37:35PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by HLONWLS

the only thing I disagree with jiujitsufreak on the second post of this thread, is this fight is not about who has the best chance of beating anyone. It is about who can make the most money off of Randy Couture before he sunsets his career (including Randy). I hope for Randy its also about solidifying in everyone's mind who the best heavyweight who ever stepped in the octagon really is. Unfortunately we may never know who that truly is.

total props for post #2

i see what you mean, essentially the UFC is booking this fight as a cash cow not so much as for the integrity of the title. however, it just so happens to be that the man who makes the UFC the most money with this fight is also the man who has the best chance to beat Randy imho.

Post #80   10/10/08 2:55:02PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,481-868
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I stopped picking against randy after the gonzaga fight. That guy is a f**king monster too. He also has more experience and skills than Lesnar. Even if lesnar is a bad style for randy, because Broc should be the better wrestler, the size won't be as much of an issue as everyone thinks. This is not the randy that fought barnett or rizo. I see him picking broc apart on the feet. I also think he'll be in trouble early. But after randy outlasts the first cave man attack he'll be in good shape. I pick randy by UD or 4th rd TKO.

Post #81   10/13/08 12:48:42PM   

DvS

MMA Regular

DvS Avatar

Career:32-26
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
I see Lesnar's power being a problem, but in the end I think it will turn out like Couture/Ortiz did

Maybe we will see another spanking?

Post #82   10/14/08 3:10:10PM   

SlimboKice

Learning to Sprawl

SlimboKice Avatar

Career:28-15
Chips:
Lesnar has the skills but his experience is a problem. GIve him a few more fights and he'll be one of the best.

Post #83   10/15/08 1:03:57PM   

MondayNiteMauser

Standup Guy

MondayNiteMauser Avatar

Career:888-565
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
This fight is not going to stay on the feet for more than a minute. thats why lesnar wins

Post #84   10/16/08 7:47:51PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
I cant believe lesnar gets a title shot .. WTF ?? This ufc ranking thing gets more and more ****** up. Randy couture is America's greatest mma star. Its clear to me that dana just wants couture to complete his contract, win or loose dana couldnt care less who takes this one because he wants noguiera to wear the UFC belt. Not only that the next breed of HW's are just round the corner.

Its sad that this WWE star gets a crack at mir with one mma win behind him, loses then gets another crack at a great veteran in heath herring, and wins a decision. Fair enough, brock won the fight, but the shear size and power of this guy is such a huge disadvantage to 90% of HW's in the UFC.

Although i think Randy is the greatest UFC champ we will ever see, having not fought in over a year, i think coutures chances are very slim. Brock lesnar is no tim sylvia. He's hungary and training hard. Couture although an amazing fighter, is also against the clock, i can't see couture being able to dodge lesnars power. He was pretty solid against herring for 3 rounds, moving the way he did for 15 minutes at his size is very impressive. No way do i think he should be in the championship line up, i see brock ko'ing couture in the first two rounds. I hate to say it as i am a huge fan of randy. but thats the way i see it.
Brock will then face noguiera, after he has pummelled mir, and lose his one belt wonder to who i believe to be as the greatest mma fighter of all time ... Antonio noguiera !!!!

Post #85   10/17/08 3:06:29PM   

anomoly

Learning to Sprawl

anomoly Avatar

Career:359-267
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

I cant believe lesnar gets a title shot .. WTF ?? This ufc ranking thing gets more and more ****** up. Randy couture is America's greatest mma star. Its clear to me that dana just wants couture to complete his contract, win or loose dana couldnt care less who takes this one because he wants noguiera to wear the UFC belt.

brock has dominated every fight that he has been in thus far. he got caught in the Mir fight... however he was dominating that fight, he dominated Heath, just like he will dominate Coture.

I have much respect for Couture, he is a great coach and very knowledgable but his time has passed, which is fine because he's smart enough to have more than just fighting to turn too.

the only chance randy has is trying to catch him in something... or dragging it out past the 3rd round.

ps Dana is a business man... he see's the crowd and NEW eyeballs Brock is bringing to the sport... it's about those dollar signs.

Post #86   10/18/08 9:26:15PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

I cant believe lesnar gets a title shot .. WTF ?? This ufc ranking thing gets more and more ****** up. Randy couture is America's greatest mma star. Its clear to me that dana just wants couture to complete his contract, win or loose dana couldnt care less who takes this one because he wants noguiera to wear the UFC belt. Not only that the next breed of HW's are just round the corner.

Its sad that this WWE star gets a crack at mir with one mma win behind him, loses then gets another crack at a great veteran in heath herring, and wins a decision. Fair enough, brock won the fight, but the shear size and power of this guy is such a huge disadvantage to 90% of HW's in the UFC.

Although i think Randy is the greatest UFC champ we will ever see, having not fought in over a year, i think coutures chances are very slim. Brock lesnar is no tim sylvia. He's hungary and training hard. Couture although an amazing fighter, is also against the clock, i can't see couture being able to dodge lesnars power. He was pretty solid against herring for 3 rounds, moving the way he did for 15 minutes at his size is very impressive. No way do i think he should be in the championship line up, i see brock ko'ing couture in the first two rounds. I hate to say it as i am a huge fan of randy. but thats the way i see it.
Brock will then face noguiera, after he has pummelled mir, and lose his one belt wonder to who i believe to be as the greatest mma fighter of all time ... Antonio noguiera !!!!

im with you buddy. bet ya never thought you would here me say that jk i was upset when he got the title shot. Werdum deserved it way more.

Post #87   10/20/08 6:38:13PM   

jcsambo

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
If Lesnar wins the title and gain more experience like more striking and ground techniques. Would you think this would be a great threat to Fedor?

-
http://jcsambo.blogspot.com

Last edited 10/21/08 1:24PM server time by jcsambo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #88   10/21/08 1:22:49PM   

jamie1014

Learning to Sprawl

Career:5-7
Camp: TEAM PUNISMENT
Chips:
IM SORRY BUT RANDY COUTURE IS NOT HEATH HERRING!!! I THINK YOUR SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE. HEATH IS A BUM AND RANDY IS CLASS ACT. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT PREDICTION!!!

Post #89   10/22/08 10:27:36AM   

Shoppe

Learning to Sprawl

Career:682-352
Chips:
Heath is definitely not a bum. He started fighting around the same time as Randy, has around twice the amount of fights, has been in there against better fighters, is harder to finish and has been able to win more fight by submission, which I assume is the easiest way to beat Lesnar.

Anyways, I didn't see Lesnars inexperience being a problem against Heath, and I don't think it'll be a problem against Randy.

Post #90   10/23/08 12:42:00PM   

Page 6 of 8   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8