Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture returns to fight Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 … in Las Vegas

Print  
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by wolfgarnaud

its like a WWE freak fest right now with the UFC
brock doesnt deserved the title shot,
big nog got screwed

its really dumb. period!

What part of "Nog is tied up with TUF right now" do you not understand?

Don't worry Nog will fight the winner of this fight for the undisputed title.

Dude, as long as you're not a complete tard everyone understands that Nog is tied up with TUF. We all also understand that TUF is good exposure for Nog.

The one thing we all wanted, however, was Nog vs. Randy when they were both in their prime. Nog still is, no doubt, but now everyone will throw out the ol' "Well, Randy 2 years ago would have...." excuse. Not to mention the fact that Nog gets screwed out of the first shot at the actual UFC Heavyweight belt, which IMO should have been given to him long ago.

What and you think I don't want Nog Vs Randy?
Of coarse I do, but Nog isn't popular with the casual MMA fan and I really think they're setting this fight up for in case the CBS deal goes through.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #61   9/2/08 8:50:46PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
The reality of things is Nog is the best Heavyweight in the UFC, and Fedor can, has and will dominate Nog. This Lesnar / Randy match up and it's PPV purchase forecasts speaks volumes about the new MMA fans. These are the same people who would anxiously await Kimbo Slice to fight a cheetah or some shit......ya know what I'm sayin?

Post #62   9/2/08 9:07:20PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by crushedbacon

The reality of things is Nog is the best Heavyweight in the UFC, and Fedor can, has and will dominate Nog. This Lesnar / Randy match up and it's PPV purchase forecasts speaks volumes about the new MMA fans. These are the same people who would anxiously await Kimbo Slice to fight a cheetah or some shit......ya know what I'm sayin?

cheetah round 1 TKO due to cuts... kimbo repeatedly harasses cheetah an his camp every chance he gets

Post #63   9/2/08 9:21:35PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Zekeil

Posted by wolfgarnaud

its like a WWE freak fest right now with the UFC
brock doesnt deserved the title shot,
big nog got screwed

its really dumb. period!

What part of "Nog is tied up with TUF right now" do you not understand?

Don't worry Nog will fight the winner of this fight for the undisputed title.

Dude, as long as you're not a complete tard everyone understands that Nog is tied up with TUF. We all also understand that TUF is good exposure for Nog.

The one thing we all wanted, however, was Nog vs. Randy when they were both in their prime. Nog still is, no doubt, but now everyone will throw out the ol' "Well, Randy 2 years ago would have...." excuse. Not to mention the fact that Nog gets screwed out of the first shot at the actual UFC Heavyweight belt, which IMO should have been given to him long ago.

What and you think I don't want Nog Vs Randy?
Of coarse I do, but Nog isn't popular with the casual MMA fan and I really think they're setting this fight up for in case the CBS deal goes through.

Of course you do, bro. But mark my words, you will hear the "Well, Randy 2 years ago..." excuse when Nog beats him or if Brock beats him.

Post #64   9/2/08 10:31:47PM   

lordicast

MMA Regular

lordicast Avatar

Career:300-205
Camp: Boxing Is Dead
Chips:
Let me get political on this subject for a minute, in the the spirit of elections. This is my problem with this topic. There is alot of "Super Points" with a Randy Couture fight! He is considered by many (not me) people to be the greatest of all time which is why people wanted to see him back kicking a$$. If Lesner gets first crack at Couture and manages to beat him. He will get all the "Super Points" that NOG wont be able to get back by beating Mir and getting minimal points. Even if NOG beats Lesner there will be all kinds if people saying well he didnt beat Couture for the belt and MMATH doesnt work so NOG cant beat couture! (these are the same people that think couture can beat fedor drug users IMO lol) So NOG's thunder will go down the drain if Couture does not beat Lesner.

MMATH
ie; NOG > Lesner > Couture = he beat a 3-1 champion respect, big whoop
ie; NOG > Couture > Lesner = yeah that guy NOG is the man!

Post #65   9/2/08 11:04:04PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
randy should have been stripped. I think it's garbage that he can walk away for a year and come back as the champion after nog has won the interim and was scheduled to fight for the official title. I disagree with the way they're doing this, but it's really just about the money. This way they can have a string of huge money making title fights. randy/lesnar, mir/nog, then the winners of both, all big money fights. It doesn't seem right though. The belt should be Nog's and Randy should have to win it back.

Post #66   9/2/08 11:52:35PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by Aether

randy should have been stripped. I think it's garbage that he can walk away for a year and come back as the champion after nog has won the interim and was scheduled to fight for the official title. I disagree with the way they're doing this, but it's really just about the money. This way they can have a string of huge money making title fights. randy/lesnar, mir/nog, then the winners of both, all big money fights. It doesn't seem right though. The belt should be Nog's and Randy should have to win it back.

He should have been stripped, I agree

But shit man lets just enjoy the fight instead of looking at the negative

Post #67   9/3/08 12:04:44AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:
yeah good point, it's going to be a great series of fights regardless of who has what belt, and in the end the best fighter will hold the title. It's a little unfair to Nog, but the best man will win in the end.

Post #68   9/3/08 12:12:28AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
The UFC is taking over. And I mean it. They signed back Randy, that showing that they willing to negotiate, and sacrifice to a get a fighter. They'll get Fedor in time. They got that Bud Light deal. They got the toy, lighters, clothing etc. etc, deal. And they're going to run Elite XC off CBS. Affliction better bring out their absolute best, because they're competing with the UFC right now.

Post #69   9/3/08 12:40:01AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

The UFC is taking over. And I mean it. They signed back Randy, that showing that they willing to negotiate, and sacrifice to a get a fighter. They'll get Fedor in time. They got that Bud Light deal. They got the toy, lighters, clothing etc. etc, deal. And they're going to run Elite XC off CBS. Affliction better bring out their absolute best, because they're competing with the UFC right now.

What did they sacrafice? Randy gets a new contract which they would have given him anyways, and in turn he looks like a fool who refused to fight an mma legend for a year to in turn come back and face an mma novice. The UFC will not get Fedor, Fedor may come for one fight but he will not give up sambo.

Post #70   9/3/08 12:48:43AM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by TimW001

What did they sacrafice? Randy gets a new contract which they would have given him anyways, and in turn he looks like a fool who refused to fight an mma legend for a year to in turn come back and face an mma novice. The UFC will not get Fedor, Fedor may come for one fight but he will not give up sambo.

Obviously they gave up something. Because Randy left because he wanted X. If the UFC in the first place gave him X, he wouldn't have left. To bring him back they gave him X.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #71   9/3/08 12:55:09AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:865-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
whoa and wow and everything...

I think it's a great idea. Nog (or mir) will get the chance to prove they are the real champ. This is pretty exciting. I'll be going with Randy on this but it makes me very nervous for him just based on what he's up against. Brock is a freakin' monster even at 2 - 1.

Post #72   9/3/08 2:01:31AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,069-653
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I was really kind of stunned when I saw this article yesterday. I know it's been talked about for awhile but I just didn't think it would happen. Then, when he gets reinstated he gets his belt back and defends it against Brock? Doesn't make much sense to me. I think Nog should have the title and have his title match with Mir. The Randy/Brock match should be for the #1 contender.

Post #73   9/3/08 7:44:35AM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
dana white and joel silva are the two biggest hypocrites in the world of MMA today. How the hell a WWE wrestler with a 2-1 mma record walk into the HW championship of the world title shot against the biggest and most respected champion of all time in couture ??? The likes of Lyoto Machida, kenny florian and yushin okami tore through all their opponents and are still substitutes on the bench waiting for their title shots. In walks lesnar, 2 fights, 1 loss, 1 win, then a title shot granted. WTF ??? The UFC are the biggest Organization and by far the most corrupt !!!!

Post #74   9/3/08 11:49:24AM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
EXACTLY... And people here call themselves TRUE MMA fans. Yet this guy whith a big name who is unporven can come in and get a title shot within less than a year. There are undefeated fighters that haven't even had a title shot yet. There are also the fighters you have mentioned that haven't been given a title shot that are much more deserving.

The funny part to me is that people here seem to like the fact that all dana wanted with this fight was YOUR MONEY. He isn't trying to pit the best against the best, eh's just trying to take your dollar and feed you what he wants you to eat. I don't know about you, but I am not a sheep and I wont be purchasing this bull$hit of a fight. It's beginning to become obvious that some of these figths are just set up (bisping anyone?) with no real intention of finding a true winner, just whoever Dana WANTS to win will win. If you can't see that now, then I don't even know what to tell you. Keep paying for WWE matches, I know I for one will not be. If Brock deserves a chance at a title now, then I guess all I have to do is beat ONE fighter in the UFC and I deserve a title shot too...right?

No...why not? I have a 50% cxhance of winning just like Brock does, so why wouldn't I deserve a title shot with one win? Because of my name? and that makes a difference why? We're not looking for action figures here, we are looking to determine the best fighters in the divisions, and I don't believe Lesnars name should even be mentioned in the same sentence with the best UFC fighters because he hasn't EARNED that right yet, the exact reason I wouldn't get a title shot after ONE win in the UFC, because I haven't earned it yet, and neither has Lesnar.

Post #75   9/3/08 12:20:33PM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6