Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

YAMAMOTO?

Print  
Posted By Message

JOSHisSTYLE

Learning to Sprawl

JOSHisSTYLE Avatar

Career:270-198
Chips:
Does anyone know what he is doing and when he is planning on coming back and fighting?

Post #1   9/2/08 2:27:55PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Done for the year-knee injury. If it's as bad as initially thought it could be, he's probably looking at January for a return. He was to have fought for DREAM in July but the injury forced the fight to be called off 3 days before it was scheduled. He's also facing allegations of using marijuana-in Japan just possessing it can result in 5 years in jail.

Last edited 9/2/08 2:42PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   9/2/08 2:41:53PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Damn, really wish that Japan would loosen up their Marijuana laws... i just don't see the point in imprisoning someone or banning them from the country (Paul McCartney) for smoking a plant... just doesn't make sense.

Post #3   9/2/08 4:58:32PM   

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
Yeah, he's out with a bum knee, severe sprain and a complete Anterior Cruciate Ligament(acl) tear to be exact. Sad as a fan to see him out until next year but my hope is that he takes plenty of time to rehab it properly and comes back in the best possible condition for his next fight.

Last edited 9/4/08 1:58AM server time by Believe-in-judo81
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/4/08 1:57:41AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Damn, really wish that Japan would loosen up their Marijuana laws... i just don't see the point in imprisoning someone or banning them from the country (Paul McCartney) for smoking a plant... just doesn't make sense.

I couldn' agree more BUT when you're talking about another country's laws you can't judge them by what you're laws are. Various Asian countries commonly imprison for reasons that westerners think are bad, but when in Rome..... If I were there and wanted to do drugs I would be aware that I wasn't in a place that had the lenient laws of Europe or the Americas.

Post #5   9/6/08 4:17:06PM