Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Quick Quote: Chris Leben might want to rethink his UFC 89 gameplan for Michael Bisping

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I read that he said I might him with 20 punches to his one punch because I’m faster but he only needs one punch to knock me out. All I’d say to that is he’s going to need a very good game plan to agree to let me stand there and punch him in the face 20 times!”

– Michael Bisping questions the gameplan his opponent at UFC 89: “Bisping vs. Leben,” Chris Leben mentioned in a recent MMAmania.com interview in a new interview with The Sun. Both bangers are set to clash at The National Indoor Arena (NIA) in Birmingham, England, on October 18. It’s a 185-pound scrap that has already received a ton of attention even though we are still more than one month away. Here’s to hoping that Leben doesn’t change his gameplan … let the sluggers slug.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   9/2/08 1:55:06PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
thats is probably whats going to happen....bisping his gonna punch him 20 times to his one, but that one isnt gonna do much after a couple minutes of the 20 punch abuse.....i see a similar fight to when kaleb starnes fought leben, except bisping is gonna bring harder than starnes did (or ever will at this point haha)

Post #2   9/2/08 2:53:57PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
to be honest I really dont think bispings striking is all that great.

Chris leben has a chin, people seem to forget that ever since his ko loss to silva. If anything michael bisping might need to change strategies because having a stand up war with leben is really not in his best interest considering his striking looked 2nd rate against a guy like matt hamill who has very little striking at all

Post #3   9/2/08 3:41:37PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I really hope Leben KO's Bisping.......Bisping is the more accurate striker and will probably land a lot more striking, but Leben has KO power in every punch and i just dont see Bisping KO'ing Leben.....I say eigther Leben by KO or Bisping by Decision because i dont think we will see much ground fighting in this match........

Post #4   9/2/08 3:49:05PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
bispings striking is above average, hes quite accurate, his speed is good, its his one punch power thats lacking....but the thing that stands out the most is the pressure he brings, he usually relentless and doesnt hold back ...look at his last two fights, he doesnt stop....that does play into lebens "button on his chin" game so we'll see how hard bisping brings it....but i agree, leben wont get ko'd but i see him getting tko'd just from being overwhelemed...cuts could play a factor with as many strikes as bisping throws and the poor head movement and hand position that leben has......at the end of the day, i think it goes to decision tho, like i said much like the starnes fight....but 20 punches from starnes is not that same as 20 from bisping

Post #5   9/2/08 4:21:49PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I would love for Leben to beat Bisping down in this fight. And I'll bet he will.

Post #6   9/2/08 4:35:51PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
i can't wait for this fight. i see this fight going either way. i do know that it's going to be an exciting one.

Post #7   9/2/08 6:36:52PM   

IriShame

In Full Mount

IriShame Avatar

Career:558-331
Chips:
I really can't pick a winner in this fight. Speed vs. Power, could go either way. All I know is it's going to be exciteing. When they say styles make fights, this is what they're talking about.

Post #8   9/2/08 8:03:49PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Bisping 4 sure......Quick too

Post #9   9/2/08 9:20:54PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Bisping has been working his wrestling, takedowns and takedown defence just before his fight with jason day, if he is still working hard to improve his wrestling skills, he might take leben to the floor and look to G&P him. Don't be surprised if bisping wins by a submission in this fight either. Since his contraversial win over hamill and his loss to rashad, he's woken up abit. At middleweight, i see bisping being the most dangerous he will ever be. If he can impress the American fans with his improved wrestling ability, i think he will finally gain abit more respect after this fight win or lose. I do think he has worked hard enough to beat leben. Chris is tough, but he hasn't fought since january, 11 months is along time out.
Bisping via tko/ round two. G&P style.

Post #10   9/10/08 6:22:36PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
I dont care who's going to punch whom however many ever times.

I think this will be a great fight and both guys are going to talk tonnes of shit which will make it even more exciting going into it. This fight has the potential to be a true knock-down drag-out WAR!

I think Bisping will win because he's a smarter fighter with a larger skilset than Leben. He wont stand in front of Leben and let him stroke his skull by any means. He'll utilize his superior speed & technique and stay away from Leben's meathooks. I predict Bisping will use lots of leg kicks to chop Leben down and Leben will move forward and strike strike strike. I like watching him fight but I really think Leben is a one-trick pony. If he can't knock you out, he cant win.
Bisping Round 2 TKO and alot of blood.

Post #11   9/10/08 8:41:24PM   

SeanGracie

Learning to Sprawl

Career:16-7
Chips:
As long as Bisping doesn't get caught by one of Leben's wild haymakers he should be able to win the fight. He'll probably win by decision based on landing more strikes and controlling the fight on the feet. He WON'T KO Leben.

Post #12   9/11/08 11:45:22AM   

Shogunator800

Learning to Sprawl

Shogunator800 Avatar

Career:694-416
Chips:

Posted by keith-hackney1

Bisping has been working his wrestling, takedowns and takedown defence just before his fight with jason day, if he is still working hard to improve his wrestling skills, he might take leben to the floor and look to G&P him. Don't be surprised if bisping wins by a submission in this fight either. Since his contraversial win over hamill and his loss to rashad, he's woken up abit. At middleweight, i see bisping being the most dangerous he will ever be. If he can impress the American fans with his improved wrestling ability, i think he will finally gain abit more respect after this fight win or lose. I do think he has worked hard enough to beat leben. Chris is tough, but he hasn't fought since january, 11 months is along time out.
Bisping via tko/ round two. G&P style.

Leben fought on UFC 82's card though, which was in early March. That's actually going to end up being almost 8 months, but just 7 and some change.

Post #13   9/12/08 4:21:30AM