Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Brock Lesnar needs ‘a lot’ of preparation before fight with Minotauro Noguiera

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

I dont think that just because someone has trained alot longer than lesnar, they shuld automatically get a shot before him. just because they have trained longer doesnt mean they are better than him. it isnt anyones fault, that is just the way it works. some basketball players can go straight to the nba and some cant. its just the way it is

he is just saying that it is disheartening as an athlete to see this play out. as an athlete you are taught that you can overcome any obstacle if you put in the hard work so when you see someone like Brock who just has a natural advantage and doesn't have to put in all the work it is just upsetting to some.

Post #16   9/1/08 8:22:51PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by tdietel01

I dont think that just because someone has trained alot longer than lesnar, they shuld automatically get a shot before him. just because they have trained longer doesnt mean they are better than him. it isnt anyones fault, that is just the way it works. some basketball players can go straight to the nba and some cant. its just the way it is

he is just saying that it is disheartening as an athlete to see this play out. as an athlete you are taught that you can overcome any obstacle if you put in the hard work so when you see someone like Brock who just has a natural advantage and doesn't have to put in all the work it is just upsetting to some.

Basically, and I'll gladly admit it, I'm being a hater. I am never a hater, either.. so I find it hard to wrap my mind around the concept that I am hating. If you look at my profile you'll see where it says "Favorite Fighter" mine is listed as "All of them" I really do respect each and every guy that puts it on the line out there.

Post #17   9/1/08 8:40:59PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

i understand that but is there much hate on adrian peterson,lebron james,kobe bryant and so on for going pro and dominating a league from rookie/2nd year on? fighting is different but there are always freaks that are better then others who work harder. thats the way it is. its not fair that brock makes more then guys who have built this sport but also its not fair for those guys to get paid more then brock when brock is bringing in major ppv buys.

Post #18   9/1/08 10:11:56PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by gabe531

Posted by tdietel01

i understand that but is there much hate on adrian peterson,lebron james,kobe bryant and so on for going pro and dominating a league from rookie/2nd year on? fighting is different but there are always freaks that are better then others who work harder. thats the way it is. its not fair that brock makes more then guys who have built this sport but also its not fair for those guys to get paid more then brock when brock is bringing in major ppv buys.

i was merely illustrating Jackelope's viewpoint on the matter. i personally agree with you but at the same time i 100% see where he is coming from.

Post #19   9/1/08 10:19:50PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
Nog vs Brock kind of reminds me of Royce vs Kimo (not Kimbo... I'm talking Kimo) from back in the day. I think skill could beat power.

Post #20   9/1/08 10:35:01PM   

Solidus

MMA Regular

Solidus Avatar

Career:1,589-922
Camp: GORILLA WARFARE
Chips:
People are naturally going to hate on those who get to the top without putting in the hours. It's the same in all facets of life.

It's like if you're working at a job in sales, you're there for years and you work your ass off every day. Some new guy starts working for the company and he's moving more merchandise than you right off the bat. His sales pitch isnt as good as yours but people like him so they're more inclined to buy from him. It's not long before the new guy gets a promotion above you and he's making alot more money. Now everyone below him that's been working there longer is pissed...why? He shouldnt raking in all that money just because he's charasmatic? Best thing you can do is take it all in stride and keep working, it sucks but yes, that's life.

Post #21   9/1/08 10:48:09PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Of course he needs preparation, especially if a fight between Lesnar and Randy happens at UFC 91. Noguiera is a bad matchup for both guys. They like to control from the top and Noguiera is good from his back and sweeps.

Post #22   9/2/08 12:09:12AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by gabe531

Posted by tdietel01

i was merely illustrating Jackelope's viewpoint on the matter. i personally agree with you but at the same time i 100% see where he is coming from.

Thanks for the backup JJFreak.

Believe me guys, I more than see what you guys are saying. In many ways I agree with it.

Luckily, though.. I think Big Nog is the kind of fight Lesnar could never win.

Post #23   9/2/08 12:18:12AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I wouldn't say it's a fight he could NEVER win, but it's a fight he's pretty unlikely to win right now. If he develops a good sub defense I think he can beat anyone in the UFC. He could definitely be a champion if he really keeps developing his game over the next couple years.

Post #24   9/2/08 2:26:12AM   

Coolhand37

MMA Regular

Coolhand37 Avatar

Career:1,367-1,419
Camp: Brazilian Beatdown
Chips:
Don't think Brock is ready for Mintauro at all, he needs to start back at the bottom and work his way back up again, his layoff makes him very very rusty.

Post #25   3/12/13 10:03:42PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,310-1,223
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Don't think Brock is ready for Mintauro at all, he needs to start back at the bottom and work his way back up again, his layoff makes him very very rusty.

Yeah, you may want to look at the date this thread (and the last post) was posted before replying...it's 4 years old, bro.

Post #26   3/12/13 10:07:08PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Last edited 3/12/13 11:44PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #27   3/12/13 11:43:49PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

2013 - 2008 = Old Ass Topic.....brah

Last edited 3/13/13 12:01AM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #28   3/13/13 12:00:27AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Coolhand37

Post #29   3/13/13 1:03:32AM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,045-1,204
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Coolhand37

sure is huh cc

Post #30   3/13/13 1:30:39AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3