Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Quick Quote: Brock Lesnar needs ‘a lot’ of preparation before fight with Minotauro Noguiera

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

“[Brock needs] A lot [of preparation time]. Because Nogeuira’s very dangerous on the ground. Brock would have to outwrestle him and take him down. And be very careful that he doesn’t extend his limbs. Brock hits like a sledgehammer. He hits so hard and he’s fast. One thing we’re really working hard on is not pushing his strikes but launching strikes with crack and pop at the end. To have boxer-level hands. Also, his knees are devastating. I would not want to get kneed by Brock. His knees are huge. Heath had no idea that Brock was going to come out and throw a kick at him. As for a match with Nogueira, I have no idea what the UFC’s plans are. I know Brock has two more fights. Brock is such an incredible athlete. He could rise to the occasion. For me, he’s fun to train because he’s so ambitious. Brock is completely coach able. Some fighters I’ve worked with, you go for a week and you end up holding pads for them. With Brock, it’s, Can you teach me? Can you show me? Can you show me? It’s worth the time to go there.”

– Former mixed martial arts champion and current trainer for Brock Lesnar, Erik Paulson, shares his thoughts with MMAmemories.com

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   9/1/08 4:03:01PM   

balack_o-bama

Banned

Career:76-65
Chips:
I dont like him personally, but I dont see him losing to anyone.

Hes a human/monster.

Post #2   9/1/08 4:07:59PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
it's obvious brock isn't ready for nog seeing he lost to mir, not YET that is. i still think lesnar is the next big thing in the sport, i've never seen such a juggernaut even if he is very raw.

Post #3   9/1/08 4:11:36PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Brock doesnt have the BJJ skills but he is a wrecking ball. The man is an absolute powerhouse. Anyone he fights wil have a lot to deal with. Noguiera would have to get ahold of him in the early rounds befopre they gets too sweaty and cant secure subs as easily.

Post #4   9/1/08 4:21:42PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
if lesner were to face lesner, it'd look exactly like noguiera vs sapp

Post #5   9/1/08 5:09:09PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

if lesner were to face lesner, it'd look exactly like noguiera vs sapp

Or a freak match up that the church would frown upon!
Cloning is a dark road to walk down man!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #6   9/1/08 5:10:59PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
well no shit brock needs a lot of preparation before a fight with big nog or even couture.

but matchups between couture vs lesnar, or big nog vs lesnar shouldnt even be in talks right now. When brock is only 2-1, he needs more fights to even be in talks about fighting those two.

Post #7   9/1/08 6:05:47PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well no shit brock needs a lot of preparation before a fight with big nog or even couture.

but matchups between couture vs lesnar, or big nog vs lesnar shouldnt even be in talks right now. When brock is only 2-1, he needs more fights to even be in talks about fighting those two.

i disagree. i think he has proven he is a physical phenom and that he has the tools to give any HW trouble. whe you dominate HH like that you have earned the right to be in such talks.

Post #8   9/1/08 6:07:33PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i disagree. i think he has proven he is a physical phenom and that he has the tools to give any HW trouble. whe you dominate HH like that you have earned the right to be in such talks.

Speaking from a point of view I'm sure many share-

It's just frustrating as hell that this is the case. Everyone has to know that his skillset is lacking. He's a physical freak of nature and because of that he will be accelerated past all of the hard working great athletes who have put their time in punching the clock training for years upon years. He's got the wrestling and the size that are going to carry him.

I've seen people hate on Tim Sylvia because he wins based on size. I've always defended Sylvia because he put in years upon years of effort when the sport was in it's toughest years and he's not exactly a natural athlete. Brock gets to come in fresh off less than a year's worth of training, make 250k a fight right off the get go and fight the best fighters in the world and stand a decent chance at beating them. Something doesn't settle well in me with that. MMA has, to me, always been a voice for technique and hard work vs. size and aggressiveness. To see Lesnar ruin that (even though he does have wrestling technique) doesn't sit well.

Perhaps I'm just biased against him because I think he's a mental midget, though.

Post #9   9/1/08 7:01:24PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

It's just frustrating as hell that this is the case. Everyone has to know that his skillset is lacking. He's a physical freak of nature and because of that he will be accelerated past all of the hard working great athletes who have put their time in punching the clock training for years upon years. He's got the wrestling and the size that are going to carry him.

I've seen people hate on Tim Sylvia because he wins based on size. I've always defended Sylvia because he put in years upon years of effort when the sport was in it's toughest years and he's not exactly a natural athlete. Brock gets to come in fresh off less than a year's worth of training, make 250k a fight right off the get go and fight the best fighters in the world and stand a decent chance at beating them. Something doesn't settle well in me with that. MMA has, to me, always been a voice for technique and hard work vs. size and aggressiveness. To see Lesnar ruin that (even though he does have wrestling technique) doesn't sit well.

Perhaps I'm just biased against him because I think he's a mental midget, though.

he will do to MMA what Semmy Schilt has done to K-1. only difference is, there are guys like Fedor and Nog that will always have the ability to defeat the size advantage so it is not like he will turn out exactly like Semmy did.

Post #10   9/1/08 7:09:54PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

he will do to MMA what Semmy Schilt has done to K-1. only difference is, there are guys like Fedor and Nog that will always have the ability to defeat the size advantage so it is not like he will turn out exactly like Semmy did.

Exactly, and I don't have to ask you what your opinion on Semmy Schilt is.

Post #11   9/1/08 7:17:05PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Exactly, and I don't have to ask you what your opinion on Semmy Schilt is.

Post #12   9/1/08 7:19:18PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:

Why?

He just dominated one of the top 5 fighters in the UFC's HW division, and he was destroying the current #1 contender before getting caught in a sub. Is there any logical reason for believing this? He's proven he's near the top of the UFC's HW division so why should he not even be considered for talks about fighting the top fighters?

What does his total number of fights have to do with his skill level?

Post #13   9/1/08 7:54:32PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I dont think that just because someone has trained alot longer than lesnar, they shuld automatically get a shot before him. just because they have trained longer doesnt mean they are better than him. it isnt anyones fault, that is just the way it works. some basketball players can go straight to the nba and some cant. its just the way it is

Post #14   9/1/08 8:00:37PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tdietel01

I dont think that just because someone has trained alot longer than lesnar, they shuld automatically get a shot before him. just because they have trained longer doesnt mean they are better than him. it isnt anyones fault, that is just the way it works. some basketball players can go straight to the nba and some cant. its just the way it is

No one is saying that he shouldn't.. I'm only saying that the circumstances suck.

Post #15   9/1/08 8:19:41PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3