Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bas Rutten Talks IFL in the UFC, Wedding Crashing, and Hollywood

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,857-1,079
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Danny Acosta: What will be the impact the IFL had on the sport looking back?

Bas Rutten: Oh, [laughs] another company that tried and didn’t work. That’s it right there. I have no clue why it happened. I thought the company was a great company. They produced great fighters and got really good really fast. It shows now in the UFC, they’re everywhere. They’re all good…it was a great experience…[The IFL] blew a lot of money, but it’s too late. It’s always easy to talk afterwards. They produced some good fighters. The good part is they released the fighters, so everybody’s fighting.

DA: Out of all the guys that signed with the UFC (Reese Andy, Rory Markham, Jim Miller etc.), who will have the most success?

LINK

Post #1   8/31/08 5:25:07AM   

Jimbo

Standup Guy

Jimbo Avatar

Career:702-408
Camp: The Vuttholios
Chips:
nice interview. lol Roy Nelson as "Tank Abbot but with technique"

Post #2   8/31/08 7:44:09AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
You know, before I really got into MMA, I always thought Bas was nothing more than a clown. It's amazing how quickly YouTube can change your thoughts about something.

Bas is everything that is right about MMA. He's got a great image. He's got all the charisma and personality in the world. Not to mention the fact that he was practically indistructible.

Respect the liver shot, Bas Rutten for President!

Post #3   8/31/08 11:58:29AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

You know, before I really got into MMA, I always thought Bas was nothing more than a clown. It's amazing how quickly YouTube can change your thoughts about something.

Bas is everything that is right about MMA. He's got a great image. He's got all the charisma and personality in the world. Not to mention the fact that he was practically indistructible.

Respect the liver shot, Bas Rutten for President!

I couldn't agree with you more. Bas Rutten is by far my favorite fighter and personality in MMA im about to change my forum signature to the same as yours Bojangalz as El Guapo says "Godspeed and Party On"

Post #4   8/31/08 12:12:36PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm just hoping that EXC doesn't follow in the IFL footsteps. I love my free MMA. At one time I had IFL, EXC, Tapout, TUF, Pride re-runs, and Strikeforce. It was awesome!! Then I had the monthly UFCs.....good times!

Post #5   8/31/08 2:41:22PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I'm just hoping that EXC doesn't follow in the IFL footsteps. I love my free MMA. At one time I had IFL, EXC, Tapout, TUF, Pride re-runs, and Strikeforce. It was awesome!! Then I had the monthly UFCs.....good times!

You gotta get yerself some HDNET. fights on there all the time.

Post #6   8/31/08 6:02:34PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Yeah, I know....I may be changing my package from cox to AT&T just for that reason. It's just a matter of $.

Post #7   8/31/08 7:10:46PM