Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

PELLEGRINO LOOKS INTO THE MIRROR AT UFC 88

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,857-1,079
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight Kurt Pellegrino is the midst of his own personal transition period.

After years of training and fighting out of Florida, under the eye of other people, Pellegrino has struck out on a new path, returning to his native New Jersey in hopes of rebuilding a career that has always seemingly been on the cusp of something big, but never quite breaking through.

Eager to put the memory of his most recent outing behind him, he has stepped up to face an equally difficult challenge in Thiago Tavares at the upcoming UFC 88 in Atlanta.

“I’m real excited to get my feet back in the octagon,” stated Pellegrino. “I’m looking to erase that loss (to Nate Diaz at UFC Fight Night 13 in April) with a big win over Thiago.

“That’s why I suggested this fight; was to move on and not fight a lesser opponent, but in my eyes, fight an extremely dangerous and tough fighter.”

As he puts it, having a good showing and getting back on the winning track against Tavares is imperative for his career.

LINK

Post #1   8/31/08 5:07:03AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Really good interview, I hope Kurt demolishes Thiago, nothing against Thiago but i really like Kurt as a fighter. I hope the move to NJ has helped, but like it said in the article, i thought he looked phenomenal in his fight against Diaz before he got caught in that triangle, if he comes back looking better than that... watch out 155'ers, Batman is coming!

Post #2   8/31/08 12:04:38PM