Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Best Animated Television Show

Print  
Best Cartoon
South Park 15 26%
The Simpsons 12 21%
King of the Hill 5 9%
Family Guy 16 28%
Drawn Togther 2 3%
Futurama 8 14%
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,941-1,101
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I know it's not on the list, but I have to go with Beavis and Butthead

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   4/1/07 7:29:04PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
South park is the funniest programme on tv

Post #17   4/2/07 12:47:03AM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
i voted south park, but i like aqua teen, and samaruai jack is awesome too

Post #18   4/3/07 1:34:05AM   

chentay2112

MMA Regular

chentay2112 Avatar

Career:63-46
Camp: We're #1
Chips:
the simpsons is and always will be the number 1

the episode homerphobia where homer thinks bart is gay is the funniest thing i've ever seen

Post #19   4/11/07 6:55:17PM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
beavis and butthead and ren and stimpy were good.

Post #20   4/11/07 10:18:15PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

south park all the way..then id have to say aqua teen hunger force.....im not a big family guy fan...i never really watched it when it first came out and then i seen the south park episode with the manatee and the idea balls....that pretty much killed it for me...family guy is ok went its not based around peter and all the cutayway scenes that take away from the plot....and the simpsons of course...gotta respect anyone who can keep it original after all these years

Yeah that episode of SP was stupid and fasicious, they are just annoyed because they are running out of ideas while Family Guy rocks on.

Seth MacFarlane's response to the SP creators was a gem, he totally made fools of them and left them no room for a comeback

""You're wondering to yourselves: what can I expect from the outside world? Will I find my niche? What should I know about the vast territory that lies beyond the confines of my little subculture of textbooks, Ramen noodles, coin-operated laundry and TV shows that seem to think they can skate by with random jokes about giant chickens that have absolutely nothing to do with the overall narrative? The boys at South Park are absolutely correct: Those cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story! They're just there to be ... funny. And that is a shallow indulgence that South Park is quite above, and for that I salute them.""

Family Guy is the best animated show on TV atm, Beavis and Butthead was awesome, King of the Hill is great too.

Post #21   4/12/07 9:33:47AM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
I like King of the Hill too. I've always wished that Mike Judge would have Beavis and Butthead show up once in awhile to cause some havoc. I know he hates doing there voices because they hurt his throat but he should do it one time at least. Would be funny as hell.

Post #22   4/12/07 2:58:21PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,873-1,006
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
O My God!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #23   4/12/07 6:29:24PM   

seazer

Learning to Sprawl

seazer Avatar

Career:275-166
Chips:
I like most of the shows on that poll, but I gotta go with South Park.

Post #24   4/14/07 4:18:37PM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
It was a close pick between Futurama or King of the Hill for me. I love both shows and watch them everychance I get. In the end I'd give a small edge to King of the Hill though.

Post #25   4/19/07 11:42:21AM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

south park all the way..then id have to say aqua teen hunger force.....im not a big family guy fan...i never really watched it when it first came out and then i seen the south park episode with the manatee and the idea balls....that pretty much killed it for me...family guy is ok went its not based around peter and all the cutayway scenes that take away from the plot....and the simpsons of course...gotta respect anyone who can keep it original after all these years

Yeah that episode of SP was stupid and fasicious, they are just annoyed because they are running out of ideas while Family Guy rocks on.

Seth MacFarlane's response to the SP creators was a gem, he totally made fools of them and left them no room for a comeback

""You're wondering to yourselves: what can I expect from the outside world? Will I find my niche? What should I know about the vast territory that lies beyond the confines of my little subculture of textbooks, Ramen noodles, coin-operated laundry and TV shows that seem to think they can skate by with random jokes about giant chickens that have absolutely nothing to do with the overall narrative? The boys at South Park are absolutely correct: Those cutaways and flashbacks have nothing to do with the story! They're just there to be ... funny. And that is a shallow indulgence that South Park is quite above, and for that I salute them.""

Family Guy is the best animated show on TV atm, Beavis and Butthead was awesome, King of the Hill is great too.

Thats a Lame Rebuttal from a guy whose been Criticized by pretty much every writing staff in the Business..Kevin Smith the simpsons staff trey and matt amongst others..all have criticized about how poorly written and drawn family guy is..and the point to have cutaways to just add humor and have nothing to do with a plot is sign that.well...your not a very good writer if your plots cant be funny and have a good angle to them..South park owns family guy.Family guy reminds me of american pie..this one time at band camp...hey u remember the time...its just not funny to me.South park is great because they make fun of evreything and its fun to make fun of everything and tackle many subjects in pop culture like they do so well.

Post #26   5/20/07 5:32:12PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Toss up between Family Guy and King of the Hill... The Simpsons obviously gets huge props for longevity...

Post #27   5/20/07 5:56:48PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
That reminds me... I gotta go see Simpsons the movie!

Family guy is getting kinda old... already. "Just like that time when I..." isn't working anymore. Neither is the high speed violence scenes that used to make you laugh out of shock.
Best thing about Family Guy is Mila Kunis... I just wish you could see her too
. That's what's so great about That 70´s show.

SP never gets old. Not when you're pretty much in love with the characters.

Post #28   5/20/07 6:54:50PM   

shackle

Standup Guy

shackle Avatar

Career:152-97
Chips:
Family guy.... is by far the best show!

I don't think south park is near as funny(but the both have there good/bad shows). The rest are sub par shows nothing too great.

GLEN FTW! alllllllllllll right!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 5/20/07 7:16PM server time by shackle
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #29   5/20/07 7:11:11PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
All these shows are great (Drawn together is alright, but not in the same class), but what makes Futurama the best is that it never gets old. You can watch every episode and it stays awesome. The same can't be said for south park and family guy. The first time you see each episode its often funnier the futurama, but they get old after the first few times you see them. That is the reason DVD sales for futurama are strong and it is coming back on the air. The simpsons are great, but I don't know if they get old. There are just to meny episodes for me to have watched them enough to get old. Futurama beats the simpsons because it has more adult themed humor jokes. (the term humor jokes is not a typo, it if from my favorite non-animated tv show)

I love king of the hill. It is great. There is nothing anyone can say bad about king of the hill without me calling them a lier.

Post #30   5/22/07 11:47:50AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3