Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA VETERAN PELE SIGNS WITH RAW COMBAT

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Following a devastating injury in his last fight, Brazilian fighter Jose “Pele” Landi-Jons has signed on with RAW Combat in Canada, as announced by the promotion this week.

Pele suffered a broken leg during his fight against Brian Gassaway in February 2008, in which the fighter’s shin snapped completely in half, sending him crashing to the mat in agonizing pain.

Questions began to circle immediately if Pele could ever return to action, but that inquiry has now ended with his new deal with RAW Combat.

"I am 100% in boxing, wrestling and jiu-jitsu," explains Landi-Jons. "I'm relaxed. I helped make this sport. The old fans know me from a long time ago. Now I'm sending a message to the new fans. I am a Samurai. I'm not afraid of anything. I'll fight anyone."

During his impressive career, Pele has defeated the likes of Matt Hughes and Pat Miletich and boasts two wins in kickboxing over current UFC middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva.

LINK

Post #1   8/31/08 2:08:27AM