Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Climbing Back: MMAmania.com exclusive UFC 88 interview with Dan Henderson

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
When I caught up with Henderson, he shed some light on his fight with Silva, his upcoming opponent, and the reasons he misses PRIDE.

Adam Wagner (MMAmania.com): I first wanted to get your take on the whole middleweight/light heavyweight thing. I’ve read on more than one occasion that you reportedly would prefer fighting at 205. Is this true?

Dan Henderson: Well, I prefer not to cut weight, and I compete just as well there as I do at 185, so …

Adam Wagner (MMAmania.com): So it’s just because cutting weight sucks?

Dan Henderson: Well, I have fun fighting no matter what. But I do just as well at 205 as I do at 185. So yeah … just cutting weight isn’t the funnest thing to do.

Adam Wagner (MMAmania.com): Did the UFC ask you to stay at middleweight for the time being?

Dan Henderson: No, they didn’t ask. I told them that I wanted to try to get a rematch with Anderson Silva. So they left me down at that weight class, but they didn’t give me an opponent that would expedite that … just because nobody knows him. Not because he’s not tough, just because nobody knows him.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   8/30/08 7:22:03PM