Posted by EliasG
Top Rank PPV numbers with ONLY Manny Pacquio:
v. Morales 360,000
v. Barrera 355,000
v. Diaz 400,000
v. Marquez over 400,000
That's for ONE fighter in Top Rank who only weighs 130 pounds.
I'm not even including the Cotto fights or the Margarito fights. Those guys were close to the 400-500,000 buys and they are for non heavy weights.
Average UFC PPV
range anywhere from 200-400,000 buys and the cards are stacked with fighers.
This year Arum will end with a super fight between Pac and DLH. That will pull in about 1 million buys. UFC has never sniffed that and can only dream it.
Of course, if they ever got Randy v. Fedor they could or if Brock v. Randy happens they'll get 600K maybe. Then if Brock wins, they'll be 1million for the Fedor fight.. Book it.
Just so know your numbers are wrong. Think you JJ for posting the numbers. The UFC has had over 1 mil buys before its not something they dream about. In fact Boxing's numbers are just now starting to come back since MMA has taken off. Lot of sports writers were saying boxing was a dead sport for a while. Not saying I don't enjoy boxing but don't go saying how boxing and Arum are doing so much greater than the UFC when the facts say different. But since you want to post numbers here you go.
TOP N. AMERICAN BUY RATES, 2007* SOURCE
• 1. Boxing: Oscar De La Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather, May 5: 2,400,000
• 2. Boxing: Mayweather vs. Ricky Hatton, Dec. 8: 850,000
• 3. WWE: Wrestlemania, April 1: 760,000
• 4. UFC: Chuck Liddell vs. Quinton Jackson, May 26: 675,000
• 5. UFC: Tim Sylvia vs. Randy Couture, March 3: 540,000
• 6. UFC: Couture vs. Gabriel Gonzaga, Aug. 24: 520,000
• 7. UFC: Liddell vs. Keith Jardine, Sept. 22: 475,000
• 8. UFC: Tito Ortiz vs. Rashad Evans, July 7: 425,000
• 9. UFC: Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter, Feb. 2: 400,000
• 10. UFC: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra, April 7: 400,000
• 11. Boxing: Manny Pacquiao vs. Marco Antonio Barrera, Oct. 6: 350,000
• 12. WWE: SummerSlam, Aug. 26: 344,000
• 13. Boxing: Miguel Cotto vs. Shane Mosley, Nov. 10: 340,000
• 14. UFC: Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin, Oct. 20: 325,000
• 15. WWE: Royal Rumble, Jan. 28: 314,000
Numbers not yet available for UFC 78 and 79, which are expected to crack the top 15. Source: Wrestling Observer.
That's just 2007 and missing 78 and 79. Which 79 had over 600,000 buys. If you want to go back to 2006 the UFC beat boxing in sales that year also. If you want a source HERE YOU GO. If your going to talk numbers at least get them right.
MMA Playground Mod
Post #16 8/31/08 11:02:13PM
don't forget UFC 66 that had over 1,000,000 buys
Post #17 8/31/08 11:11:24PM