Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Exclusive: Fedor Extends Deal With Affliction, Not Set For New Years

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Forced out of a WAMMA Heavyweight title fight with Andrei Arlovski that was set for Affliction: Day Of Reckoning on Octocter 11th due to a hand injury, Champion Fedor Emelianenko has had his sights set on a New Year’s Eve fight in Japan against an unnamed opponent followed up by a date with the winner of the WAMMA heavyweight elimination bout on the October 11th card between Arlovski and Josh Barnett.

Tom Atencio, Vice President of Affliction, told MMANews.com this week that the company has just extended their current contract with Fedor and will look to have the WAMMA Heavyweight Championship fight in January or February when they intend on holding their 3rd show.

Link

Post #1   8/29/08 11:24:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Fedor is very loyal to the Japanese.....and rightfully so. The fans over there are very different than those inside the US. I actually think it's wise to put another event on in between his defenses so that the US fans can get some more variety on the cards. Now if Affliction could add the Tito v Babalu fight on the card to make up for it I would say job well done!

Post #2   8/29/08 11:57:13PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
yeah i really want to see the Tito Vs. Babalu fight. Babalu's standup has improved greatly, i think that no matter where that fight, standing up or on the ground, is Tito is in trouble.

Last edited 8/30/08 10:04AM server time by Bowen50
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/30/08 10:03:45AM