Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

rogan goin overboard w/ coture?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i like rogan's passion, he actually has a personality and really cares about the tempo, entertainment value, and outcomes of the fights. when randy did commentary he was insightful but brutally boring, dont get me wrong i love the guy as a fighter, but his announcing made me sleepy. as far as rogan looking at randy as a father figure, i dont really know about that one, seems alittle overboard.

Post #16   3/6/07 1:16:28PM   

Rich78

MMA Regular

Rich78 Avatar

Career:148-108
Chips:

Darn straight, I prefer Joe Rogan to pretty much any other commentator, and I like the way he gets caught up in all the excitement. LMAO at his rant on fighters being made to stand up!

Post #17   3/6/07 1:55:10PM   

uhlsc

Learning to Sprawl

uhlsc Avatar

Career:446-314
Camp: Cartersburg Fight Fans
Chips:
i like rogans work but it did seem that in the post fight interview he was screaming into the mic

Post #18   3/6/07 9:44:11PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,222-765
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Joe Rogan is god !!!

Post #19   3/8/07 12:44:52AM   

CincySaint

MMA Regular

CincySaint Avatar

Career:93-48
Chips:
I know Rogan gets a little over the top sometimes, but let me tell ya. I was in the building, that place was ******* unreal. I have never heard, seen or felt anything like it. I am suprised Rogan could talk. And what is everyone's problem with Rogan. I am a huge Rogan fan and i will back that up. First off **** Carlos Mencia and Rogan punked his ass on stage infront of the crowd, back stage with other comedians, and showed everyone that Carlos is a no-talent, joke stealing bitch. So he has that going for him.
Secondly Rogan is bout it! He trains MMA, and yeah i know he doesn't fight, but he makes more money acting and doing stand up so fighting doesnt make sense. He showed he was ready to fight on celebrity Fear Factor. Even when the pro wrestler from the Real World broke them up he still was tryin to go around and get a punch in.
And thirdly he was on News Radio, definitely a hilarious show. We miss you Phil, lol.
So yeah hate Rogan all you want but how much of it is jealousy that he gets to sit ringside and watch the fights we love, or that he hangs out with the fighters we admire. Oh well I'm done stickin up for Rogan, back to making wagers, I'm out!!

Post #20   3/8/07 10:38:11PM   

Broknmunky

MMA Regular

Broknmunky Avatar

Career:205-104
Camp: duXup
Chips:
ou can't hate Rogan! He's living the dream everyone in this forum wishes they could, so stop hatin!

Post #21   3/9/07 4:12:38AM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
Gotta love Joe. The guys a genuine fan of the sport, whos got the greatest job in the world!

HOW I ENVY HIM

Post #22   3/20/07 3:38:02PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I didn't see Randy beating Tim. It was a huge upset. Randy proved that, with heart, determination and a belief in yourself, that anything is possible. I still can't believe that Randy, at 43, is the heavyweight champ

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #23   3/20/07 3:41:04PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
definitely went overboard....he is an awesome anouncer but it seems like if you say the word couture around him ever he nuts all over the place

Post #24   3/21/07 9:55:14PM   

FedorIsTheBest

Learning to Sprawl

FedorIsTheBest Avatar

Career:22-16
Camp: team stoppage
Chips:
Dude Rogan is dumb piece of shit, why do you even care about him?

I can only think of one good thing that Rogan's ever done in his life and that was shit on Carlos Mencia!

Post #25   3/23/07 2:25:37AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2