Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New Interview from Matt Hamill!!!

Print  
Posted By Message

AllKnowin1

Learning to Sprawl

AllKnowin1 Avatar

Career:117-73
Camp: MMATurf.Com
Chips:
Check out the latest Interviews by Penny Buffington on MMATURF

Here is part of the interview from Matt Hamill:
“Yes. He is a really good friend of mine. I helped him with wrestling takedowns. Rich and I we grew up together. We were raised and born in Cincinnati, Ohio. One day he asked me. He wanted some help with his takedowns so I just helped him out with takedowns and we’re still friends. No matter what, inside the ring or outside the ring. We leave friendship at the door. We two are professionals. I know it’s sad. It’s like fighting my brother but I have to do this. I fight for my daughter. I’m getting my name out there. I know he has more experience then I have. I’m inexperienced. My record is 6 and 1 and his record is 25 and 3. So that could be a stepping stone for me. He is a former World Champion that’s got me more motivated. I want to show what I got. I’m getting better every time I fight. So don’t miss my fight Sept 6th because I’m ready!” - Matt Hamill

Get the full interview on MMATURF

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow I never knew they were close friends and grew up together...

Post #1   8/28/08 7:18:10PM   

Bumpy

MMA Regular

Bumpy Avatar

Career:792-598
Chips:
I knew they grew up in the same area, didnt know they were friends. I think it will be a good fight to watch.

Post #2   8/28/08 7:28:57PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
see, if franklin and hamill could do this why can't silva/filho do this one day? i know there was just an article posted that said that it could happen, and i hope it does. that is of course if filho comes to the ufc and wins a couple fights.

Post #3   8/28/08 8:40:23PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by xphycorx

see, if franklin and hamill could do this why can't silva/filho do this one day? i know there was just an article posted that said that it could happen, and i hope it does. that is of course if filho comes to the ufc and wins a couple fights.

I think Filho would be mauled by Silva if they met in the octagon.

Post #4   8/28/08 9:41:44PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:

Posted by bullettdodger

Posted by xphycorx

I think Filho would be mauled by Silva if they met in the octagon.

probably so, but the fans want to see it.

Post #5   8/28/08 9:45:02PM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
That is awesome, I hope Hamill can come away with a W...

About Silva v. Filho, I think that is just ridiculous. Filho's reason for not wanting to fight Silva is because he is Brazilian is pretty dumb to me. American guys and girls fight each other all the time. Doesn't stop them at all. White guys fight white guys, black guys fight black guys, and brown guys have fought other brown guys...does it really matter? The best in the world should be obligated to fight each other, no matter any circumstances.

Post #6   8/28/08 10:38:56PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
Hamill classy as always i'm really pulling for him in this fight, but no matter the outcome i think we can expect a lot of mutual respect between these two great professionals.

Post #7   8/28/08 11:56:26PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I cant wait for this fight. I really hope hamill wins

Post #8   8/29/08 1:27:33AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by xphycorx

I think it's a different situation in that they're at the same camp. How do you decide who switches camps for the next few months? Regardless they may have to if Filho keeps winning, even if it's in lackluster fashion.

Post #9   8/29/08 5:10:47AM