Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Randy vs Lesner

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Randy beats Tim Sylvia and Gonzaga and now all these people think the only guy that can beat him is Fedor? Lesnar has the BETTER wrestling than Randy and could outmuscle him to the mat. Randy isnt going to be getting submissions off his back so Lesnar would GnP his way to a decision. I just really dont think Randy could beat many top 10s at this point. Werdum Mir and Nogueira would submit him and i think Kongo and Vera would KO him.

Not to mention Arlovski and Barnett destroying him

Brocks gets better and better - Randy gets older and slower..
Randy expoited the weakness in the ufc HW div- I love him dont get me wrong..... but brock has a 62%-38% to win...

NOW WAIT ONE MINUTE.... dong go gettin 2 high on Mur... he was good enough to catch a sloppy ankle on Brock...... I am not bought in on him -RANDY kicks Mirs ask. Kongo are you serious?? Randy Kicks his ASK - VERA REALLY seriously- you arent serious.. Vera-?? did you say VERA?? Vera........ This is Vera right? Vera? VERa ?VeRA? Randys will school vera.
Werdum i think is a good match for randy but Randy via dec. NOG would be a good fight... Nog probably wins 58-42- AA- I think AA vs Randy is a bad matchup for AA Rady owns him tko GNP- Barnett ??? good fight- 55-45 barnett .

Post #16   8/29/08 1:00:49AM   

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Randy is a legend in the sport. He is aging, and I don't think he could handle Brock's speed and strength. Brock tossed Herring around on the mat like he was a middleweight. I think Brock could get Randy to the ground and control position for the whole fight. Brock's cardio seems to be above average for a HW, and if he couldn't stop Randy he could get the UD.

Post #17   8/29/08 1:22:53AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I am EXTREMELY surprized at the number of people who think Brock would "dominate" Randy Couture.

First off, I strongly disagree with whoever said Brock has better wrestling than Randy. Brock is the bigger, stronger, and probably faster wrestler. That being said, Randy is an olympic caliber, which trumps being a national champion. Also, it's a different style of wrestling, as Radny's best attribute, other than his heart and conditioning, is his world class Greco. When You factor in Randy's expierience and cliber with Brock's Size, speed and strength, I'll call the wrestling part a wash, to humor the playground.

After that, it's all Randy Couture. Randy is better in every other aspect of the game than Lesner, not to mention Randy's 12 years in the game, as opposed to Brock's one. I think Randy is acthletic enough and smart enough to keep it on the feet and outstrike Brock. Randy is a master of gameplans, and Brock will not be able to just control randy on the ground like he didi Herring.

If all of that isn't simple enough for you, let's try this...

YOU DO NOT BET AGAINST RANDY COUTURE! Randy has made a living out of proving critics wrong. This has the makings for another Chapter in the Randy couture Story, ending in another "upset" (even though I wouldn't call it that). Yeah, he's 45, but 45 for randy isn't like 45 for most other people.

Ok, I know I'm starting to sound like Joe Rogan here But I strongly advise against anyone considering to put their house down of Brock beating Randy, if the fight, indeed, does happen.

Post #18   8/29/08 3:48:38AM   

JohnnyNapalm

MMA Regular

JohnnyNapalm Avatar

Career:22-14
Chips:
Randy Couture has never fought well off his back and that's exactly where he'd eventually end up against Brock and where he'd lose to Brock.

It'd be like a monster truck rolling over a slightly rusted out Pinto.

Post #19   8/29/08 4:02:27AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ChokeUout

YOU DO NOT BET AGAINST RANDY COUTURE! Randy has made a living out of proving critics wrong.

and he has also made a living out of losing fights that he shouldnt have.

Inconsistency is even more of a trademark for couture than his underdog wins.

Post #20   8/29/08 4:06:02AM   

cmb19932

Banned

cmb19932 Avatar

Career:199-169
Chips:
no way in hell would randy kill lesnar i mean back in the day maybe it would be a good fight hell a great fight but now randys gettin up there and lesnar has just as good a wresling as randy and look at his hand size lesnar wins

Post #21   8/29/08 8:31:37AM   

jomatty

In Full Mount

jomatty Avatar

Career:137-79
Camp: bet the rent
Chips:
randy would have a heck of a time with lesnar. he is just too big, powerful and explosive. it is really tough to win a decision or not get knocked out by someone like that and i dont think randy could knock him out or submit him. it is possible that he could use his greco to stay on his feet and out point him with dirty boxing and such but i dont really think so, although i would be rooting for him as much as ive ever rooted for anyone in a fight vs brock.

Post #22   8/29/08 9:15:13AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
It's a tough fight for Randy because his base (wrestling) wouldn't be as good as Lesnars. It's not such a mismatch in wrestling though that Lesnar could pin him the entire fight. Heath Herring had Brock pressed against the fence at one point, andif Randy pressed him up against that cage Lesnar would be in big trouble because Randy has some absolutely nasty dirty boxing.

Everyone knows Randy always comes up with great gameplans, and I'm sure he would have a great one for a one dimensional fighter like Brock. He'd probably work on his anaconda choke and guilotine because he knows Brock is going to shoot over and over exposing his neck. He would probably practice a lot of jitzu as well.

Brock wouldn't be able to keep him down long enough to avoid the dirty boxing so I just can't see Randy losing this one. Randy by 2nd round TKO.

Post #23   8/29/08 9:43:06AM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
Brock has to be the favorite in this fantasy matchup. Again, massive size advantage. Not to mention speed. This has a better chance of happening than most people may think. If Randy does come back for one more, UFC career ending fight (by the end of this year), who esle would they put him up against? Nog is fighting Mir. A fight with anyone else would be meaningless or lackluster.

Post #24   8/29/08 10:06:47AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
alright heres the deal....WRESTLING ISNT MMA PEOPLE!!!!!....yes its a part of it, but its not the deciding factor....randy has a complete mma game and always comes into a fight with a perfect gameplan do go along with his world class wrestling...lesnar is a world class wrestler too and huge but too inexperienced and too raw to even get close to taking out randy...maybe in a few years he will be but not now......randy is good in the scrambles, the clinch and transitioning were those factors alone will nullify any substantial offense that brock would bring to the table....alot of people on this thread are saying that we are overestimating randy in this fight...ummmm how bout those people are overestimating brock!!!...what has he done besides beat 2 people he should have and lost to a guy that really was never that good to begin with....3 fights and suddenly he's a indestructable god?.....TRYING BEING REALISTIC!!!!

Post #25   8/29/08 10:58:41AM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:

Posted by wiggum

alright heres the deal....WRESTLING ISNT MMA PEOPLE!!!!!....yes its a part of it, but its not the deciding factor....randy has a complete mma game and always comes into a fight with a perfect gameplan do go along with his world class wrestling...lesnar is a world class wrestler too and huge but too inexperienced and too raw to even get close to taking out randy...maybe in a few years he will be but not now......randy is good in the scrambles, the clinch and transitioning were those factors alone will nullify any substantial offense that brock would bring to the table....alot of people on this thread are saying that we are overestimating randy in this fight...ummmm how bout those people are overestimating brock!!!...what has he done besides beat 2 people he should have and lost to a guy that really was never that good to begin with....3 fights and suddenly he's a indestructable god?.....TRYING BEING REALISTIC!!!!

Wow. Don't get your panties in a twist. I know what both fighters bring to the table and I still say Brock wins. Sylvia and GG are no Brock. So Randy's not-so-recent victories do little to convince me he could handle Brock. Brock is bigger, faster, younger, probably has better hands, comparable wrestling, and great defense. Sorry, but Randy is an underdog in this matchup. I'm not saying he can't win, but I wouldn't ecpect it.

Post #26   8/29/08 11:15:56AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Lets put it this way.....

If Randy got caught with that punch that Herring took, Couture would have been TKOd right there.

How many submissions from his back does Couture have?....0

What has Randy proven is his stylisticly worst matchup?....Larger grapplers

Its as simple as styles make fights, and stylisticly Lesnar is a horrible matchup for Randy

It seems the only reason you can give for Randy winning is Lesnar's inexperience. Dont ever count out randy is not a dissoultion to anything

Post #27   8/29/08 12:25:02PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
we are we bring up old fights?....randy got beat by bigger guys SIX years ago...whupty freakin do...since then hes came back and beat big grapplers whuppty freakin do....and if randy got hit with that same punch herring did, the same thing would have happend, he would have scrambled to a better position...but again why are we talking old fights....couture isnt herring...STOP WITH THE MMA MATH....stylistly couture is a bad match up for lesnar...shit mark coleman is a bad matchup for lesnar...anything can happen in a fight, granted, but put personal opionons aside and look at facts, look at what it would take to beat lesner...kongo doesnt have it, but couture does, coleman does, cain and carwin do.....hell even gg has what it takes.....he's beat two strikers and lost to bjj guy with no wrestling...match him up against another wrestler who despite no submission wins, is not stranger to them...so couture likes to ground and pound people, does that mean he doenst know submissons??? he wouldnt have made it this far if he didnt....look at facts

Post #28   8/29/08 1:44:52PM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
Brock wins via Koscheck

Post #29   8/29/08 2:44:29PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Brock would win via decision. there is no way randy can keep brock off of him long enough to score enough points to win. the only chance i see randy winning is the opening minute when brock seems to want to trade strikes. randy might be fast enough to catch him like he did sylvia. but i doubt it.

as a side note i dont think randy wants a match that he thinks he will lose. I believe that is why he is ducking fedor with his "legal matters". if he wants to prove he is the best he should find ANY way out of his contract so he can fight fedor!

Post #30   8/29/08 4:09:50PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3