Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

KJ Noons Tells His Side of the Story: "I Am Tired of Being Bent Over by EliteXC With No Vaseline"

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
In this letter, Noons tells his side of the story regarding why he won't appear on the October 4th CBS show. In short, he accusses Pro Elite management of strong arm tactics, favoratism, negligence and incompetence. Here are his words in their entirety.

Link

Last edited 8/29/08 11:41AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/28/08 4:24:00PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I can understand his gripes. Sounds like a build-up of little things.

At the same time though, if you keep winning they're going to pay up and promote you more. There is no reason not to if you've proven you're the real deal. In this game you have to do a little self promotion as well. Get your name out there. Do more interviews, get in touch with fans on forums and on the radio. He seems to think everything is going to be handed to him for a couple wins.

Just because you beat Nick doesn't mean they're going to give you an instant raise that is equal to Diaz. KJ signed the contract for X amount of $, it's not like he was held at gunpoint.

As far as bringing Nick Diaz in the cage to disrespect his family...he was obviously brought up there to promote a fight, and that sort of thing is done all the time. Things obviously got out of control, but as I remember it, it was KJ's father that started throwing punches.

Last edited 8/28/08 4:41PM server time by Wolfenstein

Post #2   8/28/08 4:39:49PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,450-1,133
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I must have misunderstood something. Didn't he sign the contract. If you don'e like it don't sign it. Sounds like somebody has been spending time with Randy roo much.

Hey does anybody know who Randy's manager is because I think I see a trend starting.

Post #3   8/28/08 4:47:33PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
I'm not sure about this... but if he is saying that EXC wants Diaz to be the face of the company and that he's not afraid of him... then why not take the fight and then he'll be the "man who beat Diaz twice".... then EXC will have him as the poster boy and make more $$$ so he can stop crying..... these are just chicken excuses.

Post #4   8/28/08 4:50:47PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
thats all we need in this sport is another tito, hes only had 2 fights quit talking like ur actually a champ, and get out there, and if ur all u say u are beat diaz and make a name for yourself, your not going to do that fighting no namers

Post #5   8/28/08 4:52:06PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
the funny thing is that in his interview he says the elite xc renegade dvd came with two cards which were diaz, and Kimbo. But i have that dvd and the funny thing is that theres 3 cards in there diaz, kimbo, and k.j.

Post #6   8/28/08 4:55:35PM   

The_Metal_Maniac

You Can't Andle My Riddum!

The_Metal_Maniac Avatar

Career:1,846-990
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I agree with him. Elite Xc is a worthless promotion. He shouldn't have to fight Diaz whom he beat once already. He should somehow opt out of his contract and go to another organization. Let the Shaw's beat off to a mediocre fighter in Diaz for the rest of eternity.

Post #7   8/28/08 5:28:14PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Way to stick it to the man KJ, and I apologize for dissing KJ before I heard the whole story.

Props to him. and I bet the #1 thing on his mind is, 3 letters.

U... F... C...

simple as that.

Post #8   8/28/08 6:12:50PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

I must have misunderstood something. Didn't he sign the contract. If you don'e like it don't sign it. Sounds like somebody has been spending time with Randy roo much.

Hey does anybody know who Randy's manager is because I think I see a trend starting.

He signed a contract, yes, but it should be the responsibility of the company to pay a champion more than $300 a week! Noons isn't Couture who signed a UFC contract for 250,000 a FIGHT, plus bonuses and commentary pay. Noons signed the contract because Elite XC was a big show, and now that he has proven himself by beating a poster boy in Diaz, and then defended his title, it should be Pro Elite's responsibility to pay the man some more damn money!

If this was an accusation towards the UFC, you guys who are giving Noons shit would be up and arms about this. Elite XC is worse than Dana White and the UFC will ever be when it comes to money. At least UFC champions can bumps in pay once they earn the strap.

Last edited 8/28/08 6:32PM server time by warglory

Post #9   8/28/08 6:31:31PM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:769-501
Camp: Never Tap
Chips:
i am sorry but a fighters contract is per fight. So if you want more money then you should fight more. The fact is i know alot of people out there that are lucky to make at least $300 a week working hard ass jobs 8 hours a day 5 days a week. So boo FN hoo for you do your job get your contracted fights done and then look for a new banner to fight under. The fact that you dont like your contract it's your own danm fault dont blame anyone else .

Last edited 8/28/08 6:53PM server time by dustyp

Post #10   8/28/08 6:50:41PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
All I read there was Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa I don't think Diaz is the #1 contender (even if everybody else in MMA thinks he is) and I'm unhappy with the contract my manger got for me. So they want to sign him to long term contract but what company doesn't want to have their Champ under a long term contract. I'm not saying I agree with the way EliteXC runs things but maybe he should have thought of this before hand. Gary Shaw & Co. have been known to be dirty for years long before they got involved in MMA. So its not like Noons (a boxer) didn't know how the Shaw's were. He can go box for a living but he wont make more money in boxing either. He is complaining about money but not taking fights means no money! This still feel's like Dion's work if you ask me. Some people are posting if he doesn't like his contract just go to another company. Well the UFC or any other company doesn't really want a fighter that's going to cry about their contract and wont fight who ever they want him to fight. I don't see the UFC dealing with Dion at all after the stuff he pulled with Vera. If he wants more money then prove your a Champ and truly beat Diaz because winning by a cut isn't really a win in most peoples eyes. If he beats Diaz a 2nd time around on network TV getting more money wouldn't be a problem. But now he has made himself look like a problem child and a fighter that dodges tough fights.

Post #11   8/28/08 7:33:14PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

Way to stick it to the man KJ, and I apologize for dissing KJ before I heard the whole story.

U... F... C...

simple as that.

Thats pretty funny considering a mediocre fighter from the UFC would probably pound the crap out of KJ.......This is probably the best thing for KJ right now.....I just with that Yves would have KO'ed his ass so we would have to listen to all this garbage......

Post #12   8/28/08 7:39:19PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

Posted by RMFG_187

U... F... C...

simple as that.

Thats pretty funny considering a mediocre fighter from the UFC would probably pound the crap out of KJ.......This is probably the best thing for KJ right now.....I just with that Yves would have KO'ed his ass so we would have to listen to all this garbage......

Yves Edwards was a mediocre UFC fighter and look what happend there.

Post #13   8/28/08 7:41:12PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by wrona666

Posted by RMFG_187

U... F... C...

simple as that.

Yves Edwards was a mediocre UFC fighter and look what happend there.

Mediocre my ass. I dunno how a less than mediocre fighter beat Nick Diaz's face into hamburger, and the knocked out a fighter that 3 years ago was considered top 10, and was on a roll.

Good for KJ, screw EXC and their bullcrap.

Last edited 8/28/08 7:49PM server time by gartface

Post #14   8/28/08 7:48:34PM   

Jason-plata

MMA Regular

Jason-plata Avatar

Career:39-34
Chips:
True... Elite XC has been jerking him..
#1.. You want more money? Show you are worth it. If it was a definite win over Diaz the first time there would not be a million and a half posts on this same topic.

Step up and beat him, then ask for more money.. You are talking about Diaz making more money..
Has KJ fought Robbie Lawler, Takanori Gomi, Mike Aina, Tibau, Joe Riggs, Diego Sanchez, Koji Oishi, Sean Sherk, Drew Fickett, Karo Parisian, or Chris Lytle? Thats not even all of them..

Diaz is the biggest fighter on his list of fights... Be worth more money instead of crying about it...

Post #15   8/28/08 8:24:29PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3