Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brett Rogers/Team Bison Fire Shots at Kimbo Slice, Ken Shamrock

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
Rogers talks too much, if anything is interesting, its the fact that Kimbos not saying anything. Kimbo is the one who has some dignity.

Post #16   8/27/08 6:22:12PM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:769-501
Camp: Never Tap
Chips:

Posted by HumanTarget

Rogers talks too much, if anything is interesting, its the fact that Kimbos not saying anything. Kimbo is the one who has some dignity.

kimbo/dignity
considering the fact that he is only around mma is cuz he beat up some guys in his back yard (which wasnt even mma or street/no rules) I think he has to do more than keep his mouth shut to gain any dignity in my eyes. How about beating a top level or at least a up and coming fighter. Better yet he dont even have to win as long as he accepts the challenge and gives it his all. That is worthy of respect. Not taking fights with over the hill fighters (Tank/Ken)or guys that are just punching bags(James/Bo) then avoiding the one guy that is also an up and comer also undefeated that likes to bang and would be a huge fight for xc a fight that they could start to build up their fighters. The blame should really lay on the backs of his manager and the matchmakers of xc. They should of had kimbo fight Grimm and have Shamrock vs. Shamrock those are the fights we really want to see????

Post #17   8/27/08 9:38:51PM   

AftaabehEshk

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
I dont get you guys. Kimbo does not talk trash. He simply fights. its his management and the media that create this. Not him. And he constantly says he wants to improve and is honest about his performances. Yet you guys bash him and revere Brett Rogers. Yeah he's a better fighter but he's got no class and wants to make money off Kimbo. I would not want any friends like that. Yuck.

Post #18   8/27/08 11:21:11PM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:

Posted by dustyp

Posted by HumanTarget

kimbo/dignity
considering the fact that he is only around mma is cuz he beat up some guys in his back yard (which wasnt even mma or street/no rules) I think he has to do more than keep his mouth shut to gain any dignity in my eyes. How about beating a top level or at least a up and coming fighter. Better yet he dont even have to win as long as he accepts the challenge and gives it his all. That is worthy of respect. Not taking fights with over the hill fighters (Tank/Ken)or guys that are just punching bags(James/Bo) then avoiding the one guy that is also an up and comer also undefeated that likes to bang and would be a huge fight for xc a fight that they could start to build up their fighters. The blame should really lay on the backs of his manager and the matchmakers of xc. They should of had kimbo fight Grimm and have Shamrock vs. Shamrock those are the fights we really want to see????

Dude. He's had 3 professional fights, 4 if you count the Mercer fight. Good idea! Let's have him fight the best heavyweight fighter in world! Yes! That makes perfect and total sense.

Post #19   8/27/08 11:45:16PM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:

Posted by AftaabehEshk

I dont get you guys. Kimbo does not talk trash. He simply fights. its his management and the media that create this. Not him. And he constantly says he wants to improve and is honest about his performances. Yet you guys bash him and revere Brett Rogers. Yeah he's a better fighter but he's got no class and wants to make money off Kimbo. I would not want any friends like that. Yuck.

Agreed. I don't get it either. The guy has been nothing but respectable since he started his professional career.

Post #20   8/27/08 11:47:21PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
wow that was funny.

Post #21   8/27/08 11:47:24PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Funny stuff, but I agree with a lot of what's being said.

After Rogers won against "what's his face" 2 fights ago he was humble and showcased some skills. I respected the man.

However, you start throwing around what block you're from and trash talking like a street fighter you lose my respect. This is MMA... professional athletes. Not backyard brawlers. These comments essentially make Rogers seem exactly like what they're bashing Kimbo for being.

Post #22   8/28/08 12:09:49AM   

HumanTarget

MMA Regular

HumanTarget Avatar

Career:561-331
Chips:
Why is it that people always saying that? Why would Kimbo absolutely ruin his career by fighting someone that has a good chance of beating him? Thats not a smart move right now. He needs more experience before he can fight really good guys. For now Thompson and Shamrock are good challenges for someone whos only been training for... TWO YEARS.

Post #23   8/28/08 1:19:33AM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
How long has Lesnar been training MMA ??? He had only 1 fight and took on Mir who is a former champ and has one of the better BJJ games in HW div. He lost then took on Herring when he was at his best. Lesnar is a baby in this sport and he makes sure that the ufc tested him and didnt give him easy fights. That is respectable not this side show that XC has done with kimbo. Besides shit talkin is part of the fight game. Ali was the biggest and best shit talker of them all I am sure you dont look down on him for it. In fact alot of people havent even seen the rumble in the jungle or the thrilla in manilla but they do remember "Float like a butterfly Sting like a bee" so if you dont like shit talkin that is fine if you do that is fine but i am not going to hate on a fighter that runs his mouth before that fight as long as he is not takin personal shot at family(Like Tyson "i am gonna eat your kids" remarks) and as long as he backs it up in the ring or is humble in defeat.

Post #24   8/28/08 1:09:35PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dustyp

How long has Lesnar been training MMA ??? He had only 1 fight and took on Mir who is a former champ and has one of the better BJJ games in HW div. He lost then took on Herring when he was at his best. Lesnar is a baby in this sport and he makes sure that the ufc tested him and didnt give him easy fights. That is respectable not this side show that XC has done with kimbo. Besides shit talkin is part of the fight game. Ali was the biggest and best shit talker of them all I am sure you dont look down on him for it. In fact alot of people havent even seen the rumble in the jungle or the thrilla in manilla but they do remember "Float like a butterfly Sting like a bee" so if you dont like shit talkin that is fine if you do that is fine but i am not going to hate on a fighter that runs his mouth before that fight as long as he is not takin personal shot at family(Like Tyson "i am gonna eat your kids" remarks) and as long as he backs it up in the ring or is humble in defeat.

Ali talked shit because he was a smartass. There was hardly ever any real "beef" with Ali. Most of the time he was just being funny and behind it all he was good friends with a lot of the people he "talked shit to"

A lot of these idiots in the game today run their mouths and bring up what "hood" they're from in a disrespectful fashion. It's what's wrong with boxing and it's what I don't want to see MMA turn into.

Post #25   8/29/08 12:45:45AM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by dustyp

Ali talked shit because he was a smartass. There was hardly ever any real "beef" with Ali. Most of the time he was just being funny and behind it all he was good friends with a lot of the people he "talked shit to"

A lot of these idiots in the game today run their mouths and bring up what "hood" they're from in a disrespectful fashion. It's what's wrong with boxing and it's what I don't want to see MMA turn into.

BS most of the letter is jokes and punchlines. Are you from the hood??? Do you know what is even like to be in a project where people/friends are killed everyday for no good reason??? So for a guy to say i am from a hard place in a hard time it is dumb to hate on him because he is from a getto and is making it out . Besides kimbo is the one using street cred to get all of his fights brett never used it as a selling point for him, Brett uses KOs in the cage not the not the streets like kimbo. So which is really more respectable a guy who fought his way up against trained fighters or a guy who beat up some guys on the internet. Any decent mma artist could mangle the same guys kimbo did on the tube. So sorry if in will not give him credit till he earns his spot in the main event and not have it handed to him cuz he is from the hood

Post #26   8/29/08 10:18:30AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dustyp

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by dustyp

BS most of the letter is jokes and punchlines. Are you from the hood??? Do you know what is even like to be in a project where people/friends are killed everyday for no good reason??? So for a guy to say i am from a hard place in a hard time it is dumb to hate on him because he is from a getto and is making it out . Besides kimbo is the one using street cred to get all of his fights brett never used it as a selling point for him, Brett uses KOs in the cage not the not the streets like kimbo. So which is really more respectable a guy who fought his way up against trained fighters or a guy who beat up some guys on the internet. Any decent mma artist could mangle the same guys kimbo did on the tube. So sorry if in will not give him credit till he earns his spot in the main event and not have it handed to him cuz he is from the hood

First of all I've been through rougher neighborhoods and lost more friends than any "hood rat" I know. I don't buy that hood shit because I've been in the line of fire with these supposed hood tough guys and seen them choke up on numerous occasions. Getting a bunch of your friends together and making a run on some dude's house while he's sleeping does not constitute courage to me. Or busting from a car window while some mother ****** is walking down the street oblivious to your presence is not courage. Not to mention the fact that I've trained with dudes who come in from the hood thinking they're tough and watched them get knocked around left and right or knocked them around left and right myself. So I don't really buy the "hood" thing.

As for the rest of this silly little argument I never once claimed that Kimbo could beat Brett Rogers. In fact I think Brett Rogers would murder Kimbo. My only point for this thread was that disrespecting your opponent and trying to turn this into some gangster shit by bringing up "hoods" is leading down a very dirty road that I don't want to see MMA go down. We all know what happened to Biggie and Tupac and many other famous people.

I've seen idiots in boxing like Zab Judah run their cocky little wanna be gangster mouth and get ruined by a humble fighter in the form of Joshua Clottey. Talk about someone from a real "hood" that dude is from the streets of Africa. You don't see him bringing that stupid shit into his game. He's just a good boxer, and he proves it in the ring. There's no need for this gang or hood beef IMO.

Post #27   8/30/08 12:29:54PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2