Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell changes his focus from title to “Rampage”?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Chuck spoke to thesun.co.uk about avenging one of the last losses on his record:

"I want to fight “Rampage” real badly. I actually think I match up very well against him, but I’ve managed to lose to him twice now. But the third fight will not have anything to do with the first two, it will be a fresh start. “Rampage” is the one fight I really want, as much as I want my title back. He’s lost the belt now, so I can’t beat him and win the title back in one fight, but I want to fight him just as bad as when he was champion.”

Speaking on his fight with Rashad Evans, Chuck thinks his unbeaten opponent won’t pose him a big threat:

"Evans is a very different type of challenge because he is very fast, goes for takedowns, and has a mentality to try and take the fight into his comfort zone. I won’t allow him to do that, I’ll pressure him for three rounds if I have to but I think I’ll knock him out. I think I’ll get to him. I have real doubts about his shot. He won’t be able to take me down. He had a hard time taking Michael Bisping down in his last fight, and I’m known for stopping shots.”

Chuck will be fighting Rashad at UFC 88 in Atlanta on September 6th, and on winning the fight, could gain himself a title shot.

Link

Post #1   8/26/08 8:08:55PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Ummm Chuck you don't match up well with Rampage. You would think after two fights he would have realized that by now. A kid touches a stove and realizes its hot, maybe he touches it twice just to be sure. It's the same principal.

Post #2   8/26/08 8:10:44PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
Quinton just isn't in the right mind set yet. I want rampage to be 100 % when chuck fights him again. Chuck is my favorite and i don't want everyone saying its a fluke if he beats rampage.

Post #3   8/26/08 8:12:17PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Chips:
and please note i said if he beats him

Post #4   8/26/08 8:14:05PM   

mutosufan

MMA Regular

Career:33-26
Chips:
Real man that takes to call someone out whne their life is trying to be put back together.

And if he loses the 3rd fight, I just know Chck will win the 4th. I just know it.

Post #5   8/26/08 8:49:34PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
In everything i've seen leading up to UFC 88 Chuck really isn't very focused on Rashad. All he has been talking about is his next title shot and now Rampage. I hope for Chucks sake he's not taking Rashad lightly because if he is he's going to lose.

Post #6   8/26/08 9:48:56PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bowen50

In everything i've seen leading up to UFC 88 Chuck really isn't very focused on Rashad. All he has been talking about is his next title shot and now Rampage. I hope for Chucks sake he's not taking Rashad lightly because if he is he's going to lose.

I agree. Chuck needs to stay focused at what's at hand

Post #7   8/26/08 9:54:53PM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
I can see it now. Rampage will lose to Wandi for the third time later this year.... Dana consoles him back stage with a little, "Don't worry buddy, Chuck says he wants another shot at you. We'll have you back on the winning track in no time."

Is it just me or does there seem to be a little too much sexual tension within that triangle?

Post #8   8/26/08 9:57:32PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
I will start this by saying......yes I am a Liddell nuthugger....good thats out of the way..

My opinion.....the first fight between Rampage and Liddell was a great win for Quinton, he dominated Chuck and there were no questions.

The first fight happened before Chuck got in the groove that he did where he was so dominant so I was really excited to see the second fight because I thought it would go alot differently....The only part that bugs me is that people say that Rampage has his number, I would have to agree if the second fight was longer but Rampage flatout caught Liddell and got the TKO, what if Liddell would have got the first big punch in?? The past year would have been alot different in the LHW division.

So everyone can say that Liddell is stupid and dreaming if he thinks that he can beat Rampage, they can say Rampage has his number, they can talk all the shit they want. Liddell can beat him, it just has not happened yet. Its MMA for christ sake, people act like a third fight would not be interesting even though it features two of the hardest hitting fighters in all of the sport.

I respect Rampages win's over Liddell there was nothing cheap or undeserving about them and I'm beyond being a huge Liddell fan. And Chuck isnt calling him out because Rampage has been having hard luck lately, has anyone been paying attention? Seriously Liddell has always wanted to prove that he can beat someone he has lost to, if that isnt a true competitor I dont know what is....I guess everyone that loses a fight should just give up and not try for redemption..... maybe people would stop talking shit then.

Post #9   8/26/08 9:58:35PM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:
I admit it's been awhile since I watched their first fight, but Chuck would have had a much better chance it if it was in a cage because Chuck uses it to get up from the ground. It's the only way he knows how to get up. Chuck will be the first to admit he doesn't have a ground game so the moment Rampage got Chuck on the ground, Chuck's corner threw in the towel rather than watching Chuck sit there like a turtle on his back for the rest of the round.

As for their second fight, Chuck firmly believes it was a lucky shot. Even coach Hackleman said he kept telling Chuck during training not to leave him self open in that way.

So yes I do think that Chuck would have a very good chance if they fought again.

Post #10   8/26/08 10:00:25PM   

PaleHorse

Standup Guy

PaleHorse Avatar

Career:334-241
Camp: Society of Woden
Chips:

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Bowen50

The UFC needs someone to beat Rashad, we gotta put faith in Chuck not doubt him, who really wants Sugar to be our champ? I guarantee a title shot, delayed by the ultimate fighter so he fights once a year like he already does nowadays, and I don't know if I'd call Rashad vs. Tito or Rashad vs. Bisping the kind of fights that make up for missing all the other fights.

Post #11   8/26/08 10:00:44PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Chips:

Posted by PaleHorse

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by Bowen50

The UFC needs someone to beat Rashad, we gotta put faith in Chuck not doubt him, who really wants Sugar to be our champ? I guarantee a title shot, delayed by the ultimate fighter so he fights once a year like he already does nowadays, and I don't know if I'd call Rashad vs. Tito or Rashad vs. Bisping the kind of fights that make up for missing all the other fights.

Oh no i'm not doubting him at all. I'm just sayin he needs to be prepared. Chuck does have a huge advantage because he matches up well against rashad, but shit happens you know?

Post #12   8/26/08 10:15:50PM   

balack_o-bama

Banned

Career:76-65
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

I will start this by saying......yes I am a Liddell nuthugger....good thats out of the way..

My opinion.....the first fight between Rampage and Liddell was a great win for Quinton, he dominated Chuck and there were no questions.

The first fight happened before Chuck got in the groove that he did where he was so dominant so I was really excited to see the second fight because I thought it would go alot differently....The only part that bugs me is that people say that Rampage has his number, I would have to agree if the second fight was longer but Rampage flatout caught Liddell and got the TKO, what if Liddell would have got the first big punch in?? The past year would have been alot different in the LHW division.

So everyone can say that Liddell is stupid and dreaming if he thinks that he can beat Rampage, they can say Rampage has his number, they can talk all the shit they want. Liddell can beat him, it just has not happened yet. Its MMA for christ sake, people act like a third fight would not be interesting even though it features two of the hardest hitting fighters in all of the sport.

I respect Rampages win's over Liddell there was nothing cheap or undeserving about them and I'm beyond being a huge Liddell fan. And Chuck isnt calling him out because Rampage has been having hard luck lately, has anyone been paying attention? Seriously Liddell has always wanted to prove that he can beat someone he has lost to, if that isnt a true competitor I dont know what is....I guess everyone that loses a fight should just give up and not try for redemption..... maybe people would stop talking shit then.

Was thinking of something like that. Thankfully you broke it down alot better than i could have. I do tihnk a fight with them could be a slug fest, Quinton caught him perfect on the button, mouth open and all.

I think Chuck makes it 2-1. And Page falls to 0-3 against wanderlei.

PS RAMPAGE DOES NOT deserve to be fighting anytime soon(legally.) IMO 2-4 months.

Post #13   8/26/08 10:54:11PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think rampage is out of commission for awhile put on the lidell vs shogun in dec

if machida wins have him face forrest

Post #14   8/27/08 12:05:50AM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I am tired of chuck talking all the tim when he has a fight coming up! I like chuck but i want rashaad to win because 1. i like rashaad more and 2. it would be funny if chuck lost again cause he was looking past another unworthy opponent

Post #15   8/27/08 12:08:53AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2