Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Karo Parisyan ‘trying to deal with’ panic attacks

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“Basically, eight months ago, I was diagnosed with panic attacks. It’s something I have been trying to deal with. I am trying to keep my head clear…. When I first got there (to Colorado), I couldn’t eat or sleep. I just didn’t want to be there. I struggled during camp (with panic attacks) and my conditioning wasn’t there. That Karo that used to come out tenacious was not there…. I am not going to stress myself out. This fight [at UFC 88] is very, very important in so many aspects and in so many ways…. It’s very simple. If I beat three bums, I get nowhere. If I beat Yoshida, I’m back in title contention. I’ve always said that if I come in shape, I can be the best at 170. Hopefully, if I can annihilate Yoshida, I can avenge some of my old losses to Thiago (Alves) and Diego Sanchez. Then I can annihilate those guys. I’m ready to show that I’m the best.”

Experienced mixed martial arts veteran and long-time Judo competitor, Karo Parisyan, reveals that he has recently been dealing with panic attacks. Being locked inside a cage with another man who wants to tear his head off — in front of a massive screaming crowd and television audience — is perhaps the worst place for someone with his condition to be. “The Heat” admits to feeling “girly” when the episodes emerge, but it seems like a step in the right direction to discuss and address them in the open — it must be extremely difficult for the the proud Armenian. Parisyan will take on the super tough Yoshiyuki Yoshida at UFC 88: “Breakthrough” at the Philips Arena in Atlanta. Ga., on September 6. Let’s hope his mind is right because this is a very good fight, which will surely deliver the goods if both fighters are in top form.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   8/26/08 6:20:49PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:
I'm not so sure how real those attacks are..... it might just be his usual type of antics so he has an excuse when he lose's. im just sayin. just my opinion he may very well have them. i just don't buy it.

Post #2   8/26/08 9:10:37PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

Posted by haggiswashere

I'm not so sure how real those attacks are..... it might just be his usual type of antics so he has an excuse when he lose's. im just sayin. just my opinion he may very well have them. i just don't buy it.

naw if it was an excuse he wouldn't say something gay like panic attacks.

Post #3   8/26/08 11:23:27PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
he's already setting excuses in case he loses

Post #4   8/27/08 12:04:10AM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

he's already setting excuses in case he loses

exactly. that's what i'm thinkin too

Post #5   8/27/08 12:15:57AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:1,941-1,082
Chips:
excuse or not... having a panic attack does royally suck

Post #6   8/27/08 12:43:14AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Does anyone remember when Arona lost to Sokoudjou and he said he had malaria?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #7   8/27/08 12:52:55AM   

Metafour

MMA Regular

Metafour Avatar

Career:798-433
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Does anyone remember when Arona lost to Sokoudjou and he said he had malaria?

LOL! Arona's nickname should be excuse, he always seems to have one.

Post #8   8/27/08 1:22:05AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Karo doesnt seem like the kind of person to have panic attacks....he's healthy....he works out.....he frekkin sang a song about his damn Judo skills after his fight!...

he made a video with reggie warren jr. for god sakes.(and was pretty good in it..acting wise)

but,who knows....Im sure we have all had a panic attack at least once in your life,and they SUCKKKKk! ..the first time i smoked out of a bong and had a panic attack while having a smoke in,in my friends car......I was like...i need to get out of here!..and my older smoking buddies were like..."hell no..you'll let all the smoke out"....then it happened like 5 mins later..so i just got the **** out of the car...I thought my heart was gonna explode or pass out....i felt like i was going cross-eyed even though i wasnt.....and i was freaking out because i didnt feel pain when i would pinch myself...

its all adrenaline...it does that to ya.....But i finally learned to control it a while back after learning why you feel the way you do while having a panic attack..

Post #9   8/27/08 1:38:07AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
My favorite was when Rampage knocked him out with the powerbomb and Arona said "I won a moral victory." which is odd, because he lost a real fight.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #10   8/27/08 1:38:42AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
If you watch the replay, it's actually Rampage's head that knocks Arona out. As he came down his head crashed into Arona's chin. Arona has also stated tha this is what caused the knockout. Of course...he was knocked out so he may not be entirely sure.

Post #11   8/27/08 10:49:39AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
I have a 2 year old daughter and she seems to have a panic attack every time I enforce the house rules

After seeing the way that Karo acted of TUF with little Diaz I'm sure that he is going through the same thing my kid does

Post #12   8/27/08 11:17:48AM   

dust

Banned

Career:453-247
Chips:
Gotta love pre-loss excuses. People with children dying of cancer who still have to go to work also have panic attacks. Karo is just a woman-hating excuse maker.

Post #13   8/27/08 1:39:20PM