Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA Fighters...The Hardest I've ever been hit

Print  
Posted By Message

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
When I fought Jorge Oliveira in WEC. It Sucked!

-- "Mr. International" Shonie Carter

"My most painful was probably David Loiseau's elbows... Felt like getting hit in the head with a bamboo pole....

-Mike "Quick" Swick

"It was my dad in 8th grade...I wiped boogers(i know i was old but immature and still am)on a girl and teacher got pissed and told my dad. It was a private school so my dad was really embarrassed so he beat the shit out of me on the drive home in the car it felt like sledgehammers hittin' me at 20 punches per second! Either that or training at TUF2 with Keith Jardine he kicked me in the head and I was out for a few seconds...that sucked!.

---Seth "The Silverback" Petruzelli

In preparation for Forrest Griffin's fight with Rampage (Jackson) we were doing a lot of hard sparring at Extreme Couture. There was a particular day when Forrest hit me clean with a solid left hook to the liver followed by a left Thai kick straight to the liver as well. Needless to say either shot would have dropped me but both in succession of one another sort of felt like I was having my colon removed while I was awake. I still finished the round but it did almost kill me.

--Tim Credeur

"I would have to say taking a clean and clear right cross to the forehead just above my left eye. The guy who punched me was Falaniko Vitale. We were sparring last year around this time and we were coming to the end of the round. I felt pretty confident with my left hook so I was in the process of throwing one when "POW"!! I dropped to a knee and put my right fist on the ground, "3 points of contact" to try and get my bearings back:) It is still the hardest I have ever been hit. My head felt like it did when you were a kid and you would fall off your skate board and smack the back of your head on the concrete. A vibrating cold feeling and then you're snapped back to normal:)".

--"The SGT" Steve Byrnes

"Most painful hit I've ever been hit with was probably a liver shot from (Jens) Pulver. It happened more than once, and every time I wished I got KO'd cause it's hard to explain the amount of pain I was in..

--Bart "Bartimus" Paleszewski

Dan Henderson almost knocks me out every day at practice, Thierry (Sokodjou) kicks the shit outta my legs, Mayhem (Jason Miller) has given me the hardest liver kick fortunately all my training partners though.".

--Jesse "JT Money" Taylor

"Well I don't need any more herpes rumors getting out... I would say most hits aren't painful, especially during the fight. You're either conscious or not. Probably the worst are body shots, a good hit in the liver is pretty debilitating. I've been dropped in practice a few times with those."

---Amir Sadollah

amn-that-Hurt.htm" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Link

Post #1   8/26/08 2:30:07PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
Great and interesting read.

Last edited 8/26/08 2:48PM server time by casey64
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   8/26/08 2:47:30PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
I got hit hard in training as well and i agree that the worst are liver shot. Once we were doing MMA sparring and my friend has me in a muay thai clinch, he gave me 2 knees right in the liver man that sucks lol good times

Post #3   8/26/08 3:59:34PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Liver shots suck ass no matter which way you break it down.

Not so much for pain, but for pure debilitating ability I would have to add a punch or kick straight to the solar plexus. It just knocks the wind straight out of you and leaves you with a helpless feeling.

Post #4   8/26/08 6:19:31PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I fight under an unusual ruleset, and the hardest I've been hit was a downward elbow to the spine. I was blind and couldn't move my legs for about ten seconds. hehehe

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   8/26/08 6:29:58PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
nice fold TS

Post #6   8/26/08 7:05:12PM   

aaa9erh8er

Belt Contender

aaa9erh8er Avatar

Career:330-217
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
i liked that article or whatever it was
ok liver shots hurt tru but the most painfull strike ive seen was in my first fight(well sanctioned fight) i was watching b4 mine and this guy got hit hmm might have been the liver thinking about it but he threw up on contact then hit the matt and was basiclay out this guy that kicked him made cro-cops legs look like chikens but he could swing his hands or do jits at all

Post #7   8/26/08 7:24:37PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I fight under an unusual ruleset, and the hardest I've been hit was a downward elbow to the spine. I was blind and couldn't move my legs for about ten seconds. hehehe

Holy @$#$ that's dangerous as hell. Granted it's a great self defense technique, but still... very dangerous

Post #8   8/26/08 8:32:18PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
Thats how we roll. Seriously though, it was crazy painful.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #9   8/26/08 11:30:35PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,475-856
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Their's a youtube interview with Rampage,and they ask him who hit him the hardest and he said none other than Kevin Randleman.

I wasn't really expecting him to say that,but hey interesting nonetheless.

Post #10   8/27/08 5:30:21AM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Outch i could see that being painful, do you guys also fight with swords lol just kidding but i would be curious to see these fights...

Post #11   8/27/08 6:12:36AM