Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

WEC 36: Donald Cerrone vs. Rob McCullough

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Who takes this and how?

I personally think it's only a matter of time before Cowboy gets a hold of Jamie Varner and takes his belt. I think he can win this fight against Razor Rob any way he chooses.

Post #1   8/25/08 10:42:12AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Cowboy, probably by round one Submission. IMO Razor Rob is either not that great of a striker or is a changed man since getting beat. Rob's last fight was basically a stare contest. I think Cowboy overwhelms Rob in the first round and pulls a Sub

Post #2   8/25/08 11:02:20AM   

ToeZup

Standup Guy

ToeZup Avatar

Career:310-202
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
This should be a great fight. I'm taking Razor in this one. I know Cerrone is a good striker with a great ground game but he might be a little overwhelmed by such a high profile televised fight. It happens. Razor has the experience and can't afford a loss to Cerrone.

Post #3   8/25/08 11:52:06AM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,586-1,413
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I think Cerrone by a hard fought decision. Cerrone's star is just rising, while Razor has looked less than impressive lately.

Post #4   8/25/08 12:29:11PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
one lousy fight against after coming off a hard fought ko loss doesnt mean razor rob has fallen off....alot of times fighters have to get theyre wheels back under them....he was running threw decent fighters before that fight.....cerrone doesnt have the experience of losing and that can hurt a fighter sometimes cuz they get over confident...hes getting pretty legit tho....im thinking that we will see an exciting fight that will us what cerrone really has on the chin level and strking level....razor rob we pretty much all know what hes got to offer, but dont forget that he was good td defense and sub defense...he scrambles well back to his feet and i think those aspects are underated for him...i do think his strking is overated tho, he knows what hes doing and packs a serious punch....which i still think will be the finishing touch in the second rd.

Post #5   8/25/08 1:32:24PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Based on the way Rob has fought recently, I think Cerrone with a first round sub.

But knowing what Rob is capable of and hasn't shown lately, I think Cerrone with a second round sub.

Post #6   8/25/08 3:01:04PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,808-1,136
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
COWBOY I still remember the night he got that name our local boy by 2nd rd sub

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #7   8/25/08 3:04:33PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,244-1,261
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Razor Rob has been less than impressive lately. I'm going with momentum. Cowboy baby.

Post #8   8/25/08 3:35:09PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Razor Rob did a pretty good job avoiding takedowns from a D1 All American in Jamie Varner. I'm thinking Cowboy has some difficulty getting it to the ground and takes a beating on the feet. Should Cowboy get it down I see it ending quickly, though.

Post #9   8/26/08 11:34:16PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i like razor rob, cerrone is good but mccullough is a tough dude, i think his standup is superior and his ground game is good enough to pick up the win. 2nd round tko

Post #10   8/27/08 3:56:19PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
I'm not sure about this but isn't Cerrone a more accomplished kickboxer than Razor? I see a few exchanges through the first and a slick sub by Cerrone at the end of round 1.

Post #11   8/29/08 5:26:38PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kaduey

I'm not sure about this but isn't Cerrone a more accomplished kickboxer than Razor? I see a few exchanges through the first and a slick sub by Cerrone at the end of round 1.

He's supposedly a better standup fighter than Razor by the books. Somehow I see Razor Rob having the hunger and fire inside him for this fight, though. His last opponent wasn't willing to engage and Razor Rob was looking to duke it out. Cerrone will oblige him in that department in my opinion, and I think Razor Rob has better KO power than Cerrone.

Post #12   8/29/08 10:35:22PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by kaduey

He's supposedly a better standup fighter than Razor by the books. Somehow I see Razor Rob having the hunger and fire inside him for this fight, though. His last opponent wasn't willing to engage and Razor Rob was looking to duke it out. Cerrone will oblige him in that department in my opinion, and I think Razor Rob has better KO power than Cerrone.

I really hope a lot more people have the same opinion as you.

The minute this fight was announced, I was extremely excited just because I knew a bunch of people would be picking Razor Rob.

I 100% see 'Cowboy' dominating this fight.

Keep picking Razor Rob everyone!

Post #13   8/29/08 11:18:17PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,135-1,267
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I think Cowboy takes this fight...but I will go with a decision win..

but for those not too sure on this fight....pick RAZOR

Post #14   8/29/08 11:28:42PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by npayant

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by kaduey

I really hope a lot more people have the same opinion as you.

The minute this fight was announced, I was extremely excited just because I knew a bunch of people would be picking Razor Rob.

I 100% see 'Cowboy' dominating this fight.

Keep picking Razor Rob everyone!

Oh, trust me... I am not entirely sold on either fighter winning at this point. I'll wait til the last minute to lock in my pick. This is one of those fights that could go either way, IMO. I just know that even though Razor Rob was getting dominated by Varner during their match up he still almost made a comeback toward the end of that fight.

I'll tell you this much, though- should Cerrone win the bout and face Varner I'd be willing to pop my av bet cherry on a bet for Varner in that one.

Post #15   8/30/08 1:28:52AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2