Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

KJ Noons versus Nick Diaz "definitely not happening"

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
this guy is an idiot (Dion that is... manager bashing isn't prohibited is it? lol) He really needs to find a new line of work and stop making his best effort to destroy people's careers for his own perceived personal gain. I say perceived because I'd be willing to bet he's not managing KJ for long. Whether KJ dumps him or not, EliteXC isn't going to re-sign him after all of this, and if EliteXC isn't going to sign you.... Have fun fighting at local shows for like 1/10th what you are making now.

I don't know what either of them could possibly be thinking. There is absolutely no way I see this benefiting either of them. Noons is probably going to be out of any major or even secondary league and Dion is going to be out ANOTHER client.

I really hate Mark Dion.

Post #16   8/23/08 7:10:45AM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,252-833
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by Lord_Lenny

KJ is among the few fighters i dont like, but i'll reserve judgement on this one until i hear HIM say no to this offer. His manager, Dion, is a rockstar wannabe, in the past he's failed to inform brandon vera of his offers from UFC and formed a holdout that damaged vera's reputation and relationship with the UFC, so i wouldnt be surprised if KJ is unaware of the offer or the deadline and Dion is looking out for his own best interest. That being said, KJ isnt half the superstar he and Dion seem to think he is. They need to fight who the company and fans consider number one contender without question. Picking and choosing their own contender is ridiculous, it's managers like this that corrupted boxing and Dion is a detriment MMA's growth and reputation

I understand what you're saying, but KJ has been vocal about not giving Diaz a rematch...he's said it in interviews, including his appearance on Inside MMA. And I'm pretty sure he knows about the deadline...if every hardcore fan on the planet knows, then he must. This is just as much his fault as it is Dion's...Dion plays a great bad cop, but at the end of the day, you are responsible for your own decisions and representation.

Oh i agree, he's been vocal about wanting to fight a deserving opponent, but it's possible that in the past 24 hours that he hasnt been informed of Nick being named #1 contender and the deadline (might change his mind, but unlikely). Some fighters, Nick Diaz for example are difficult to reach, due to his lack of internet interest. If thats the case for KJ he most likely knows by now through friends or something but he might remain clueless. I'll give him a little bit longer before i start saying that he's hiding behind his manager, but not much longer. and yes he needs to man up and start representing himself, because the fighter that Dion has been representing is losing more respect every day from the MMA community

Post #17   8/23/08 7:11:58AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Dion is a worthless parasite.

Post #18   8/23/08 7:22:02AM   

dust

Banned

Career:453-247
Chips:
Noons is scared.

Post #19   8/23/08 11:53:40AM   

Jason-plata

MMA Regular

Jason-plata Avatar

Career:39-34
Chips:
I still think that KJ is scared of him..... Dion is not the greatest manager in the world. Bottom line if KJ wanted to do someting and Dion was holding him back and or ruining his career, he would fire him. That is not happening. He is sitting back chillin hoping that Nick Diaz, and the rest of the world will just forget about this fight...

The Politics in thes game is starting to become overwhealming. ELITE XC should have all the sat in who fights and when. They sign the checks...
If he keeps declining fights take the belt. There are many other people out there that will defend a title against anyone and anywhere.

WAR DIAZ!!!

Post #20   8/23/08 12:00:30PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
Noons needs to watch the movie Rounders,and learn all the lessons in life a damn poker game can teach ya..=].....if he really wants to be succesful and make money....like that famous line in the movie..

"I told Worm you can't lose what you don't put in the middle....... but, you can't win much either."

so put that damn belt on the line and grow some balls!

Post #21   8/23/08 12:00:32PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,763-1,756
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Didn't think it would anyways.....Diaz is a good opponent but if you lose a title fight you should have to win more than just one fight to get your rematch IMO.

Post #22   8/24/08 2:26:30PM   

tarantula

Learning to Sprawl

tarantula Avatar

Career:1,019-770
Camp: Team Tarantula
Chips:
Whatever, I wonder why he's avoiding the rematch then. I'll even bet Nate would woop his ass in front of his dad and punk his bitch ass out!!! HAHAHA

Post #23   8/24/08 4:00:19PM   

tarantula

Learning to Sprawl

tarantula Avatar

Chips:
KJ don't even have a carrer to ruin, and has only defended his title once, and theses fights are originally intended for entertainment. I'm definately not entertained at the thought of KJ not accepting a rematch with Diaz, since Diaz is the only worthy opponant and the most qualified to hold a title. Especially after getting jerked around by Shaw for the Dream tourny.

If Elite XC don't grant Diaz the rematch or strip Noons of his title, I'll never support them again... besides Affliction is on the rise, maybe Diaz can get a better oppertunity with another brand (maybe even UFC again).

Post #24   8/24/08 4:11:05PM   

Hillbilly

Learning to Sprawl

Career:289-177
Chips:
I don't really get where they are coming from trying to say who they think the #1 contender is after KJ got his shot with a 1 fight win streak

Post #25   8/24/08 7:10:57PM   

tarantula

Learning to Sprawl

tarantula Avatar

Chips:
sure, the only problem is .....
1. Diaz fought in japan twice since his lose to KJ and actually made it to the finals at Dream, only to be pulled back to the U.S. for all of this bogusness by Shaw.
2. Who else is there that comes remotely close to being as good of a contender in Elite XC?
3. What kind of champion dodges any fights, especially ones that the fans all want to see?
4.What are the rest of the fighters going to think when Shaw don't follow through on his threats about the title strip?

Last edited 8/24/08 9:06PM server time by tarantula
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #26   8/24/08 9:03:37PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
This is lame. I would rather see Diaz vs. Sakurai anyway. DREAM is a way better promotion. Diaz should just wrap up his contract with EliteXC as fast as possible and be done with the them. Let them have Kimbo and Diaz can go fight in Japan.

Post #27   8/24/08 9:23:34PM   

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
EliteXC has a deal with Dream to share fighters, so why don't they really push for a Diaz-Aoki fight for the October CBS card? Strip Noons of the title and get Diaz another fight, Aoki or another Dream fighter.

Post #28   8/25/08 1:33:49AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2