Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Quick Quote: Dan Henderson is pissed

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Career:223-140
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by MikeyG

Hendo has everything to lose in this fight, possibly his career in the UFC is at stake, Palharres is going to have to choke him unconscious. I would be pissed if I was Dan too losing both Pride belts especially to Quinton who Wand owned twice, Dan had to work hard for those belts and in 2 fights hes already back to the drawing board and possibly out the door. I'm 95% sure Dan is going to win, Palharres is going to have to survive the onslaught and somehow take down the stronger and more experienced Hendo and I dont think he will.

Why do people keep saying this? The dude is still ranked top10 in TWO DIVISIONS. He's pretty much unanimously ranked top3 at middleweight. He lost in two title fights and people are acting like his career is over. He did better against Silva than just about anyone has and is still considered to be one of the only people with a reasonable chance to beat him.

How is his career at stake? How is he almost out the door? This guy is going to have to lose like 3 more fights IN A ROW before his career is even close to over. You don't just lose a title fight (the only fights he has lost are title fights) and get instantaneously shit-canned as one of the greatest fighters p4p and in 2 divisions respectively. Even if he lost this fight and another at middleweight, he would still most likely be given the chance to fight at LHW.

No chance is Hendo's career anywhere remotely close to being done. Anyone who thinks otherwise is crazy. It's like saying Franklin's career is done because he lost to Silva twice. Who cares if they were back to back, it's about quality of opponent.

Chill out jeezes christ, read closer, I said "POSSIBLY (key word) his career in the UFC is at stake" not his MMA career, big difference, maybe pay attention next time.

Last edited 8/22/08 5:48PM server time by MikeyG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   8/22/08 5:46:16PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
No it's not different since in saying the word "career" I was reiterating the meaning that you yourself used (the purpose of the quotation marks is to carry meaning directly). Meaning that in saying career I was referring to the same thing as you were - his UFC career.

As far as "chilling out", at no point was I upset, angry, or insulting in my post. I'm simply arguing that I disagree with the great multitude of people who say he "has his back to the wall" or "is in danger of losing his career (in the UFC)". Take offense if you want to, the entire point of a forum board is for people to discuss and as a result disagree about things. If you're going to get your feelings hurt every time someone makes a counter-argument you're going to have a rough time on an MMA forum board. There's about a billion more inflammatory posts than that one around here.

Post #17   8/22/08 6:55:58PM   

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Aether

No it's not different since in saying the word "career" I was reiterating the meaning that you yourself used (the purpose of the quotation marks is to carry meaning directly). Meaning that in saying career I was referring to the same thing as you were - his UFC career.

As far as "chilling out", at no point was I upset, angry, or insulting in my post. I'm simply arguing that I disagree with the great multitude of people who say he "has his back to the wall" or "is in danger of losing his career (in the UFC)". Take offense if you want to, the entire point of a forum board is for people to discuss and as a result disagree about things. If you're going to get your feelings hurt every time someone makes a counter-argument you're going to have a rough time on an MMA forum board. There's about a billion more inflammatory posts than that one around here.

Yeah, hes possibly looking at a fork in his career as to wheather he wants to be in the UFC or if Zuffa wants him which they probably will even if he loses, my argument was his UFC career, and it is in fact not the same difference as his MMA career, seeing as he only has 4 UFC fights and 25 elsewhere, I'd say thats definatly a big difference wouldnt you.... As far as you calling my post inflammatory, lol you might as well say "I'm right your wrong" all hail Aether and his knowledge on what will become of Hendo's career if he loses, and hey its not like this stupid argument has any meaning, hes gonna win so who cares.

So yeah take a deep breath and chill before you write 3 paragraphs on how you think your right and I'm wrong, now thats imflammatory. Looks like your the one with the issue. I guess my feelings are hurt because your just so damn right, I'm crying right now bro, why cant I be as cool as Aether and his deep Hendo knowledge?

Post #18   8/22/08 7:06:11PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
You completely misunderstood everything I wrote. I didn't call your post inflammatory, I said that my post was NOT inflammatory. I also didn't say there's no difference between his UFC and MMA career, I said that there was no difference between my usage of the word career and yours. We were both referring to his UFC career, you simply mistook me as referring to something else.

yeah... I'm definitely the one that needs to chill out. Why would you come to a forum and then get angry when someone starts a civilized debate?

Last edited 8/22/08 7:23PM server time by aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   8/22/08 7:20:44PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
I could understand if I were being an asshole toward you, calling you stupid or something like that, but look over my initial post and really try to find the part where I am rude and/or out of line. It's just a simple debate man, that's what a forum is for.

You should calm down a bit.

Post #20   8/22/08 7:25:26PM   

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Chips:
Civilized? thats civilized to write a 3 paragraph bashing of a post? when its just as easy and effective to write in one sentence... lol we can agree to disagree on that one. But what do I know you must be Dan's homeboy since you know whats to become of him.

Post #21   8/22/08 7:29:09PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Chips:
what does the quantity of text have to do with anything? Does a post become more rude the longer it gets by default? It isn't just as effective to write one sentence, I back opinions up with examples which takes more text but also conveys my meaning more clearly.

I'm just going to stop discussing this with you now and reiterate my point that this is a discussion forum intended specifically for people to debate, you're getting upset over nothing. No point in continuing farther.

Post #22   8/22/08 7:35:32PM   

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Chips:
There was no problem, I just responded to your 1st post saying to pay attention to detail instead of telling me what you think I'm saying. The problem started in your 2nd reply calling my post one of billions of inflammatory posts which is in fact bashing. You writing your long babbling about how you think your right and I'm wrong was inflammatory, get it yet? I can state a humble opinion without some wannabe know it all telling me I'm wrong when you clearly has no idea either, I can take criticism to an opinion but when somebody completely tears apart what I say with more opinions it becomes transatory to the point that its unknown what would happen if he lost, which isnt likely happening so who cares. So take it with a grain of salt I could care less, you started the argument, dont make me out to be the bad guy here.

Post #23   8/22/08 7:46:53PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Henderson is going to be even more pissed when he gets armbarred in the first round

a lot of people are hyping up Palhares to be some kind of jiu jitsu God. he has obviously got an awesome ground game but it's nothing Hendo hasn't delt with before. go watch his fight with Little Nog. The whole fight was Hendo defending submission after submission. he eventually lost by arm bar but it took a NOGUEIRA i think 8 minutes to submit Hendo. Hendo has great submission defense. regardless Palhares is going to have to get it to the ground first before he even thinks about it... which won't happen.

Post #24   8/22/08 8:00:03PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think hendo will come out with a vengeance and knock out palhares
i don't see hendo losing this match

Post #25   8/22/08 10:50:18PM   

GraMMA

MMA Regular

GraMMA Avatar

Career:890-539
Chips:
Dan is in no way washed up but I think Palhares is in his prime and this will be his biggest test,that I see him passing with flying armbar.

Post #26   8/23/08 7:29:14PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2