Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

KJ Noons' manager says Nick Diaz not top contender, scoffs at EliteXC deadline

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,329-737
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm not sure what to make of this. For one Diaz is by far the best fighter at LW in EliteXC. Saying he isn't the top contender is a blatant accuse for avoiding the fight. If you don't want to fight Diaz say "I don't want to fight him at this time" but don't make accuses that insults our intelligent as fans. I really think this is more Noons's manager than it is Noons. He can say what he did for Vera was good but most clients don't sue their managers with out good cause. If Noons isn't careful here he could find himself sitting the sidelines with no belt at all. Someone really needs to remind Noons and his manager when he fought Diaz the first time Noons really wasn't the top contender. But this time around Diaz really is the top contender and his management is making accuses. With this attitude he better hope and pray that EliteXC will put up with it because he is a no body in all the other big name company's out there and they wont put up with avoiding fights.

Post #31   8/22/08 2:03:52AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
ive never liked noons, he knows what diaz would do to him

Post #32   8/22/08 2:07:37AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Yea seems like they are ducking Diaz at all costs. I do think Alvarez is the No.1 contender, but he'll be fighting for DREAM again probably for their title against Hansen. So either they take the Diaz fight, or wait a long time to get Alvarez, who IMO would mess him up worse than Diaz would.

Alvarez would destroy KJ in vicious fashion.

anyway, after watching this situation unfold, this is definitely starting to seem that KJ just really doesn't want to fight Diaz. i really don't see the problem of rematching a guy you defeated even if you don't feel he is the number one contender. last i checked, the fighters don't get to choose who the number one contender is. it astonishes me that KJ thinks his rationalization for not taking the Diaz fight is a valid one because t is just tarnishing his reputation and making him look yellow.

Post #33   8/22/08 9:33:16AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Good luck finding work when your contract is up there, champ. No one is going to want to sign this guy after watching him and his managers act like clowns, refusing fights and talking sh*t to your employer. Pretty smart idea buddy.

Hope he's relegated to crappy local shows after this. I have ZERO respect for fighters who duck and disrespect other fighters.

Post #34   8/22/08 10:07:44AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
hahahaha I can't get over this. Dude wins an EliteXC belt and he thinks he can just act like a complete fool and disrespect his employer. NEWS FLASH: you are not top10, probably not even top20 as a matter of fact.

Congratulations, you've joined the ranks of such notable warriors as Antonio "steroidfoot" Silva.

Last edited 8/22/08 10:15AM server time by aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   8/22/08 10:12:25AM   

reyns84

Learning to Sprawl

Career:854-598
Chips:
Any respectable title holder would not duck a fight. Your job as title holder is to fight whoever tho org. puts in front of you. KJ is a joke!!!

Post #36   8/22/08 10:18:41AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3