Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Hermes Franca 'Ready to Show My Full Potential'

Print  
Posted By Message

nwowolfpack

MMA Regular

nwowolfpack Avatar

Career:403-346
Camp: PunchDrunkGamer
Chips:
Hermes Franca 'Ready to Show My Full Potential'
By Dave Carpinello

UFC Lightweight contender Hermes Franca took some time to talk with PDG after his trip to New York about his comeback, future opponents and his upcoming fight with Gleison Tibau at UFC 90 in Chicago.

PDG: All right, let's talk just a little bit about the past; did it bother you at all that you served a full one-year suspension and Sean Sherk only had to sit out six months?
Franca: It doesn't bother me because it was my problem and my fault. I told the commission the truth and it doesn't matter to me what Sherk told them. It is just great to be back and the commission has a lot of great guys that came up to me at my last fight and told me they were glad to have me back. They told me I was the man and I had balls because I told the truth which apparently a lot of people don't.

Franca Interview

Last edited 8/21/08 3:49AM server time by nwowolfpack
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/21/08 3:48:34AM   

LionHeartWarchild

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I sure hope so, if Franca wants to reclaim his spot as a top contender he's going to need to improve his skills. If he wants to hang with the newer LW's that have stormed onto the scene since his abscence, he's going to need to drasticaly improve his Takedown Defense. I'd also llike to see him sharpen his hands a bit as well. If he does this, I think he could climbe back up the lightweight ladder.

Post #2   8/21/08 4:29:17AM   

kaskd

MMA Regular

kaskd Avatar

Career:1,207-662
Chips:
agree Franca was a beast before, but in that little time his division has just become a flood of skill and talent most of which is better than him.

Post #3   8/21/08 4:42:38PM