Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Bud Light picks up UFC's Silva and Liddell

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
When Ultimate Fighting Championship president Dana White announced that the leading mixed martial arts promotion had struck a sponsorship deal with Anheuser-Busch, he was ecstatic about the partnership and optimistic about the possibilities.

“This is a historical moment for the company,” he said at a press conference in Columbus, Ohio on Feb. 28, announcing the deal. “I can’t express to you enough how excited I am.”

Anheuser-Busch is stepping up its involvement in MMA by making UFC middleweight champion Anderson "The Spider" Silva and former UFC light heavyweight titleholder Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell spokesmen for the Bud Light brand.

Silva's manager, Ed Soares, told MMAWeekly Radio, "We just finalized a deal with Anheuser-Busch. Him (Silva) and Chuck Liddell are going to be spokespeople for Bud Light and Anheuser-Busch here in the U.S."

When reached for comment, Liddell told MMAWeekly, "It's great. It's really nice that these companies are getting behind MMA. Bud Light's been around a long time. I think it's a great sponsor to have."

The campaign is set to hit 4,000 convenience stores throughout the country immediately as well as include billboards and television commercial appearances.

Link

Last edited 8/20/08 7:06PM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   8/20/08 7:05:38PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
I don't like that at all. I was pretty happy when the UFC had nothing to do with beer.

Post #2   8/20/08 7:14:45PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

I don't like that at all. I was pretty happy when the UFC had nothing to do with beer.

**** that, all of the major sports have beer companies on board.

Post #3   8/20/08 7:34:46PM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:769-501
Camp: Never Tap
Chips:
If Bud Light can come up with a good ad using them that would be great for the ufc and mma. Even people that dont drink beer loved the Bud-Wies -Errrr Frogs ads. Hopefully a superbowl spot ??? I dont care if it is bud light or SunnyD it is good publicity for MMA Fighters and is a step towards getting nike and addias and1 or gatorade deals like stars like lebron jordan tiger. If 50cent can get a shoe line then as a MMA fan I want to sport "The Spiders" by Addidas or converse could make the "Chucks"

Post #4   8/20/08 7:38:20PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Nice! there was some worries when Bud got bought and some people thought the new owners might cut the UFC (the said they would cut in expenses)....good to see them back the UFC up even more now!

Post #5   8/20/08 7:39:16PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
I thought Lidell would have been an Honorary sponsor already.

Post #6   8/20/08 7:40:07PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Considering that MMA is a spectator sport, it is the perfect sponsor...add the fact that bars all across the country air the fights, it's a match made in heaven.

Post #7   8/20/08 8:25:57PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Yeah cuz UFC fans don't drink beer right? Guys 18-40 the UFC's target demographic are notorious for their hatred of beer, so having a global power house of a corporation that sells beer backing your brand makes no sense? Instead of having billion dollar corporations as sponsors, lets.... Have all fighters sponsored by dot com companies and their hometown's local mini-mart.

WTF....this is great for all MMA man, it will encourage other large corporate sponsorships and will help pave the road for MMA becoming a legitimately recognized sport. The progress over even the last year has been unreal.....keep watering the plant.

Post #8   8/20/08 8:41:53PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Yeah, now if only they could figure out that whole "taste" thing, I think they might be on to something!

Post #9   8/20/08 9:15:34PM   

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

BANNED

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA Avatar

Career:510-259
Chips:
should help A silva get more known amongst the main stream fans.

Post #10   8/20/08 9:37:43PM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
this is great for fighters and the ufc

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #11   8/20/08 10:01:43PM   

stock

Banned

Career:409-235
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Didn't Mickey's sponsor them for years before this deal?

Post #12   8/20/08 10:09:16PM   

TheTagTeamSupreme

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Watch as the tag team supreme tells you who is going to win!
Chuck Liddell Vs. Rashad Evans
Rich Franklin Vs. Matt Hamill
Karo Parisyan Vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Dan Henderson Vs. Rousimar Palhares
www.youtube.com/TheTagTeamSupreme

Post #13   8/21/08 12:45:08AM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Posted by seanfu

Posted by CushedBacon

Yeah cuz UFC fans don't drink beer right? Guys 18-40 the UFC's target demographic are notorious for their hatred of beer, so having a global power house of a corporation that sells beer backing your brand makes no sense? Instead of having billion dollar corporations as sponsors, lets.... Have all fighters sponsored by dot com companies and their hometown's local mini-mart.

WTF....this is great for all MMA man, it will encourage other large corporate sponsorships and will help pave the road for MMA becoming a legitimately recognized sport. The progress over even the last year has been unreal.....keep watering the plant.

I was stating an opinion of mine. Dick heads such as yourself I'm sure lack the ability to let someone state their opinions without jumping their asses but hey, who's perfect.

I'm not a big fan of beer or other vices. Another stated opinion, oh no thats 2 in a whole day!!! Chill out.

I almost added a kiss my pasty ass to this post but that just wouldn't be very tasteful would it.

Last edited 8/21/08 9:21AM server time by seanfu
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #14   8/21/08 9:18:37AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This is good.

More sponsors = more money = fewer whiney posts about how fighters don't get enough money.

Post #15   8/21/08 9:46:32AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2