Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Swick out of UFC 90, eyes December return

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Despite hopes that he would be able to fight on the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s upcoming Chicago debut on Oct. 25, Mike Swick told MMAWeekly.com on Tuesday that he hasn’t recovered enough from recent surgery on his right elbow to be ready for UFC 90.

“I had a few bone fragments floating around in my elbow joint causing inflammation. There were also bone spurs that needed to be removed. It has been ongoing for a while… It reduced my flexibility in the right arm and if it was extended too much it would swell up and be useless for a few days until the inflammation went down,” said the American Kickboxing Academy fighter.

“So it was a priority to get it fixed as soon as this last fight was over, which is what we did. Dr. Sanders and Young operated on it in Las Vegas on July 10 and removed the bone fragments and bone spurs.”

He is already back training, but still not up to speed for an October return. With The Ultimate Fighter Season 8 Finale in early December and the UFC’s year-end event late in the month, his plans more likely are aimed at a December return.

Link

Last edited 8/20/08 8:24AM server time by SmileR
Edit note/reason: n/a

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   8/20/08 8:23:33AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
that seems right