Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz back on the open market

Print  
Posted By Message

Mchubb316

MMA Sensei

Mchubb316 Avatar

Career:838-517
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Despite proclaiming earlier this month that he had signed a “record breaking” contract with Affliction Entertainment, former UFC light heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz is once again negotiating with multiple MMA promotions, reports MMAjunkie.com’s Dann Stupp in his latest column for the Dayton Daily News.

Stupp reports that Ortiz is talking to the usual suspects such as Affliction and EliteXC but also adds that the Kentucky-based American Fight League is making a play for his services and that even talks are taking place between Ortiz and the UFC.

Source

Post #1   8/19/08 1:00:09AM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Hmmm if Ortiz doesnt sign with anyone maybe I will try to pick him up.....I mean I could pay him to punch random people on the streat and pit him against homeless guys for food.....its wouldnt be lucrative contract by any means but hey....he would finally be a champ again...

Post #2   8/19/08 1:55:02AM   

godofdixie

MMA Regular

godofdixie Avatar

Career:1,174-628
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:
“I don’t know if we’re really negotiating, or simply helping Tito stroke his giant ego,” an unnamed fight company representative is quoted as saying in Stupp’s article.

lol.

i'm glad no one's completely committed to being in the tito ortiz business. he's not worth the money he's asking for

Post #3   8/19/08 5:36:51AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Wow I'm so tired of this guy. Retire already.

Post #4   8/19/08 6:05:01AM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:522-387
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
This is hilarious to me. Tito is such an ass...which is realy a shame because the guy is a good fighter when his head is in the game.....Tito and Randy are both asking for crazy amounts of money.....consequently...both are still looking for contracts.....perhaps big bad dana white wasn't just screwing his fighters after all and maybe, just maybe, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I hope Tito gets a solid contract somewhere and keeps fighting, but if he's not careful he'll soon be two or three years down the road and absolutely nobody will be in the Tito Ortiz business.

Post #5   8/19/08 9:33:40AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,473-1,157
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by jlock003

This is hilarious to me. Tito is such an ass...which is realy a shame because the guy is a good fighter when his head is in the game.....Tito and Randy are both asking for crazy amounts of money.....consequently...both are still looking for contracts.....perhaps big bad dana white wasn't just screwing his fighters after all and maybe, just maybe, the grass isn't always greener on the other side. I hope Tito gets a solid contract somewhere and keeps fighting, but if he's not careful he'll soon be two or three years down the road and absolutely nobody will be in the Tito Ortiz business.

Post #6   8/19/08 10:41:44AM   

dustyp

Learning to Sprawl

Career:769-501
Camp: Never Tap
Chips:
I think that it would be a dumb move for affliction to sign Tito. It would in turn be like supporting the competition. Here lately it seems all Tito really is fighting for is to get his clothing company (PA) some recogniton and for affliction which is a clothing company trying to promote mma not an mma org selling t-shirts. Just my view on the record breaking affliction deals tito has in his back pocket

Post #7   8/19/08 11:43:51AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Wow I'm so tired of this guy. Retire already.

Post #8   8/19/08 12:01:09PM   

TWITA

MMA Regular

TWITA Avatar

Career:1,424-833
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Poor Tito! Maybe he can get a spot on the next season of Celebrity Mole.

Post #9   8/19/08 12:05:51PM