Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jared Shaw on Gary, CBS, and female MMA: "I don’t think it’s just the Gina Carano weight class anymore."

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Danny Acosta: Can you comment on Gary stepping down?

Jared Shaw: What’s out there is the truth. That is Gary just had a lot going on between family, travel at his age, and his boxing. He’s got really spectacular fall cards: Alfredo Angulo fighting on the 4TH on HBO, you’ve got [Antonio] Tarver-Chad Dawson world title fight on Showtime in October, Sergio Mora contender fight with Vernon Forrest…

DA: EliteXC was definitely steered by Gary’s vision, how will the direction of the company change now that he’s not involved?

JS: I don’t think that’ll change at all. The production remains the same. You have Showtime and CBS as the platform and their people do a fantastic job at producing these shows and making them great for television. All the fights are still in tact, with the same matchmaking team, the same guys completely working for the promotion.

We just don’t have the face, which was Gary. Right now we don’t have a face, but I like to think EliteXC the brand is the face.

Rest here:

Last edited 8/17/08 4:00AM server time by MMAcca
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/17/08 3:59:58AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Hopefully they'll get rid of the gangsta image they were going for. I got tired of all the posse's in th cage after fights. Having Hip Hop singers and all the posing and ancing in the ring after fights

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #2   8/17/08 11:55:17AM   

Princeofpunk

Banned

Career:401-243
Chips:
Danny is a close friend of mine, he always has a good story.

I think it should be interesting to see cyborg and gina fight

Womens mma all day

Post #3   8/17/08 1:37:45PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
well since they make up weight classes for Gina in the first place i would have to disagree and say it is just the Gina Carano weight class since no one else fits into it...

Post #4   8/17/08 2:24:22PM   

Mr_Dead_Sexy

MMA Regular

Mr_Dead_Sexy Avatar

Career:2,468-1,403
Camp: THE NATION OF DOMINATION
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

well since they make up weight classes for Gina in the first place i would have to disagree and say it is just the Gina Carano weight class since no one else fits into it...

Not even Gina Carano fits into it..

Post #5   8/18/08 2:33:20AM