Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Heath Herring recovering from injury, disappointment after loss to Brock Lesnar

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
"[Lesnar] is a pro wrestler," Herring said. "What do you expect? That's kind of his shtick. It's what he does. I figure that's what everybody expected from him."

Additionally -- despite rumors to the contrary -- Herring said there was no pre-fight clash between the two fighters.

"I don't know if [Lesnar] said something," Herring said. "I didn't really have any words with him before the bout. I've never even really met the guy.

"I've been around this sport for years. I've never really done any trash-talking or anything like that before a match. I don't know where that came from."

Herring also denied reports that he requested he not be forced to walk to the cage ahead of the hometown-hero Lesnar.

"I never even had a discussion with [the UFC] about anything," Herring insisted. "I'll be honest. You bringing that up is the first I've heard of it."

Herring said after the disappointment of the loss that he plans on taking a bit of time off to prepare himself mentally and physically for his next chance in the octagon.

"I've got to step back a little bit," Herring said. "I've got some other stuff kind of working on the backburner right now. We're going to go do some of that stuff and just see how everything pans out.

"I've got some acting possibilities. I'm going to try to do some acting a little bit.

"I'm trying to get back to training and do some other things with training.

"It's just disappointing when you kind of feel like you've done everything right and you get some bad luck early on. I've got to clean that out a little bit and get refocused. We'll be back to business before too long I imagine."

And once Herring does return, Lesnar will be on a list of targets for future opponents.

"We took the best [Lesnar] could give us for 15 minutes, and he couldn't finish it," Herring said. "I don't know what else he's going to bring to the table to finish me off.

"We took his best shot and went on from there. I'd love for him to take one of mine, and we'll see how it goes."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   8/16/08 12:03:59PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
It adds a bit more to the interview posted before HERE . Herring sort of sounds like he wants a rematch.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   8/16/08 12:05:38PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
Now why would Brock possibly want a rematch? Heath trained the hardest he's ever trained and got manhandled. Ask Nogueira about Herring rematches

Post #3   8/16/08 1:02:21PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Brock totally dominated him why does he even deserve a rematch...

Post #4   8/16/08 1:39:40PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
i dont think i would want to see a rematch, plus think of it like this. If herring fights brock again after brocks gets more training and experience then herring will just get dominated even worse than he did.

I would say brock would tko herring in a rematch, brock could have got a tko in the first match if brock would have done some more stand up.

Post #5   8/16/08 2:52:12PM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:
What could Lesnar bring to the fight next time???

How about more learned skills

I feel bad for Herring he got destroyed by a Guy who is basically an infant to mma why would he want a rematch and run the risk of fighting the toddler version???

Post #6   8/16/08 3:18:30PM   

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Career:223-140
Chips:
Brock winning completely ruined most of my night on the 9th, completely disrespectful to the sport kneeing heath in the back 3 times, taunting during and after the fight and hes called fedor a pussy....

I cannot wait until he fights a top 10 and gets Sub'd again or better yet KO'd, Mir was my hero at UFC 81 not letting Brock just take over the sport, and he wont, he'll lose once or twice and get bored or realize hes not champion material.

Post #7   8/16/08 4:27:52PM   

Porch28

BANNED

Porch28 Avatar

Career:506-292
Chips:
One more thing to add if Coleman didn't get injured it would have been Brock by 1st round KO

Post #8   8/16/08 6:23:05PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
lesnar dominated him.. but i was thinking lesxnar would win.. on paper atleaste.. he's beat a better wrestler before.. i think a rematch would prove that lesnar isnt so spectacular... but i'm glad he won

Post #9   8/16/08 8:23:17PM