Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

haha Big nog

Print  
Posted By Message

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Im watchin ufc 73 again. and I never notice before but during the interview with Big Nog about his fight with heath herring nog says "I dont feel that this is a rivalry I beat him 2 times already, its like baseball 2 strikes your out" lol
Im guessin Brazil isnt a very big baseball country lol. IDK i just thought it was funny

Post #1   8/14/08 11:59:16PM   

The_Ho_Bag

MMA Sensei

The_Ho_Bag Avatar

Career:661-454
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Im watchin ufc 73 again. and I never notice before but during the interview with Big Nog about his fight with heath herring nog says "I dont feel that this is a rivalry I beat him 2 times already, its like baseball 2 strikes your out" lol
Im guessin Brazil isnt a very big baseball country lol. IDK i just thought it was funny

Post #2   8/15/08 12:19:18AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Thats pretty good, I don't think he will be singing "Take me out to the ball game" at an MLB game any time soon.

Post #3   8/15/08 2:04:14PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Baseball is very unpopular outside of the US and Japan and most people see it as a total bore. Football on the other hand is the world's most popular sport and is played and watched by just about everyone in Brazil. With all the football, I surprised Nogueira even bothered to learn that baseball has "strikes"!

Post #4   8/17/08 2:25:13AM   

missypie

MMA Regular

missypie Avatar

Career:991-569
Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

Baseball is very unpopular outside of the US and Japan and most people see it as a total bore. Football on the other hand is the world's most popular sport and is played and watched by just about everyone in Brazil. With all the football, I surprised Nogueira even bothered to learn that baseball has "strikes"!

That statement is so false it's not even funny. Try looking into baseball in countries such as: CUBA, Korea, Taiwan, Venezuela, MEXICO, Costa Rica, COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, and Italy and many others. Most spanish speaking countries love soccer/futbol and baseball....nothing even remotely close to being a 'total bore'.

Post #5   8/17/08 10:53:36AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by missypie

Posted by Mastodon2

That statement is so false it's not even funny. Try looking into baseball in countries such as: CUBA, Korea, Taiwan, Venezuela, MEXICO, Costa Rica, COLOMBIA, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, and Italy and many others. Most spanish speaking countries love soccer/futbol and baseball....nothing even remotely close to being a 'total bore'.

Not to mention Puerto Rico! The game is so popular there its ridiculous.

Last edited 8/17/08 11:00AM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   8/17/08 10:59:33AM