Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Eddie Bravo is jiu-jitsu rocker - and UFC unofficial judge at major fights

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Jiu-jitsu instructor and black belt. Rock musician and producer. Unofficial judge on UFC telecasts. Eddie Bravo is living the life.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   3/4/07 8:29:56AM   

The_Crippler

Learning to Sprawl

The_Crippler Avatar

Career:155-77
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
well in last nights commentary he threw "like 20 hooks and like 25 right hands and took him down like 7 times!"

dosnt sound so professional to me

Post #2   3/4/07 8:13:55PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Bravo does not get the credit for what he has done to help transition no gi jiu-jitsu to mma, he has also been credited to inventing alot of sweet sweeps, passes, etc, that nobody tends to acknowledge all that much. In addition to this he beat ROYLER Gracie in a Jiu-jitsu tourny, i'm pretty sure this was Roylers first or only loss in competition, although I may be wrong.

I pretty much trust his scoring more than the judges, i've seen them with alot stranger figures on the cards that what Bravo has ever come out with.

Post #3   3/4/07 8:21:20PM   

MartyMorgy

MMA Regular

MartyMorgy Avatar

Career:19-18
Chips:

Posted by The_Crippler

well in last nights commentary he threw "like 20 hooks and like 25 right hands and took him down like 7 times!"

dosnt sound so professional to me

Bravo sounded incredibly unprofessional. He is a stoner, don't take this as me trying to defame his character I think it is common knowledge, so it comes as no surprise that his voice and vocabulary reflects his habits. "dude... man... like... yeah... totally." Not only what he said but how he said it was totally out of place for a professional sport. It sounded horrible to say the least.

Bravo might have accomplished a lot in other areas but this is not his forte, he has no place in a commentating role.

Post #4   3/5/07 6:59:22AM