Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock Lesnar: ‘Can you see me now?’

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,311-1,280
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Let him celebrate.

If fans wind up hating him for it, he'll tone it down over time. Of course if he loses a few more times, maybe gets his face beat on a little, that will make him shut up too.

But all-in-all, there's a lot of post-fight celebrating going on. (screaming, dancing, jumping on the cage).

Post #16   8/11/08 3:09:25PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
i thought it was a little insulting to HH but i'am not gonna bitch about it. i Thought it was the best fight of the night next to gsp vs fitch. I would like to see gsp wear a little more shorts though.

Post #17   8/11/08 4:03:33PM   

gabe531

Standup Guy

gabe531 Avatar

Career:1,238-669
Chips:

Posted by bigbubbano23

i thought it was a little insulting to HH but i'am not gonna bitch about it. i Thought it was the best fight of the night next to gsp vs fitch. I would like to see gsp wear a little more shorts though.

wow i thought best fight by far was the macdonald maia fight. and PROPS to the gsp wearing more shorts too

Post #18   8/11/08 5:26:51PM   

bls1919

Banned From Forums

bls1919 Avatar

Career:308-183
Chips:
Look at it from his (Brocks)side. He's in his home state. It's his second fight in the UFC and he completly trampled HH. Who is a very expeirienced guy, with lots of skills. If it were me i would have been celebrating to no end. Thaqt said he should have let the final seconds of the fight tick down to the bell before goin ape. I say congrats and I want to see him fight Cain Velasquez. I want to see Brock eat a few punches. Just to see how he takes em.

Post #19   8/11/08 6:32:15PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
I don't see where Brock performed the Whinyass term "Lay N Pray" once in this fight. He continued to punch Herring from all angles.

All I saw was Herring turtling up. Protecting himself and offering no offense or defense of any kind. Just hoping his opponent would go away.

Post #20   8/11/08 6:47:56PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
from sherdog:

"You can't throw up a post-fight fist pump without punching another elite level MMA fighter with a post-fight trademark. Chuck Liddell (Pictures) screams. Takanori Gomi (Pictures) surfs on the turnbuckle, and Eddie Alvarez (Pictures) back-flips off of it. Thiago Silva (Pictures) and Josh Barnett (Pictures) have the market cornered on throat slashing. Yushin Okami (Pictures) shows off his swordsmanship. Gabriel Gonzaga (Pictures) assails cameramen. This truncated list doesn't even account for those who are prone to spontaneous post-fight celebration like BJ Penn, who is liable to lick his opponent's blood or dead-sprint to the locker room after a W, or Anderson Silva (Pictures), who has dressed up in full Moonwalker garb and given us rhythm guitar lessons after kayos. All of these actions are just as much overtures to the soul of pro-wrestling as those of Lesnar, who is still chided for his WWE wrasslin' tenure."

Post #21   8/11/08 10:29:16PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
I saw a guy wrestle for 15 minutes. It was good wrestling but that's all it was. He had multiple opportunities for armbars, RNC's and other submissions and he would move from sidemount to full to back to side.

I do this in grappling sessions too. It's called being way stronger than most people you are grappling. It isn't pretty and it isn't necessarily technically sound, although Brock's wrestling is superb that is all you can really say. He did "not too much" of anything else. I see him but he has to add to his game. Being bigger and stronger only works for a while. Being multiply skilled works for along time.

IF he can add a better stand up game and some submissions---don't have to be BJJ--on the ground, he'll be very very tough to beat. For those of you who know, it is hard to submmit guys that wide. My shoulders are pretty wide and it can be dificult to put in a triangle on me, I can't imagine Brock's width.

Post #22   8/12/08 1:01:46AM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
all i can say about brocks antics is by all means go apeshit with ur celebrations, just don't blatantly disrespect your opponent, unless of course its Tito.

Post #23   8/12/08 3:32:35AM   

Shogunator800

Learning to Sprawl

Shogunator800 Avatar

Career:694-416
Chips:
I really didn't expect Brock to finish Herring at all. Even Fedor's GNP didn't finish Herring after taking a ridiculous amount of it and it was the cut that did him in in the end.

Post #24   8/12/08 3:57:47AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Yeah it's hard to finish Heath off.A lesser man would have tapped after getting pummled that much.Their was few times it looked like Heath's whole body just went limp.

Post #25   8/12/08 6:56:42AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2