Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

That Must Have Been One Hell Of A Divorce.

Print  
  Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't think that people are comparing the actual fighters when they talk about Randy pulling off the upset... Just that he has beaten the odds so many times... For Christ's sake... Everyone wrote him off as an old man when he fought Chuck for the first time, and we all know what happened there...

Everyone wrote him off in the Sylvia fight, and Randy dominated...

The point is not writing him off... CC can KO him easily, sure... But to say that it is inevitable is the equivalent of MMA blasphamy...

Also, the problem with comparing CC to BigTim on the ground isn't that Sylvia has some sick advantage in the situation, it's that his damn long legs made it immpossible for anyone to get near him... Look at the way Monson struggled in Tim's guard, basically because he didn't have the reach to get into an advantageous position.

Post #31   4/4/07 4:58:23PM   

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
I think Randy has a good shot at Mirko. Randy is a similar style and approach as Fedor, who was bad news for Mirko. I'm not saying that Randy is as good as Fedor, he is just a similar style of fighter. Randy vs Fedor would be a bad match up. Same style, but with Fedor being much better. It's all about styles, and Randy has the style to beat Mirko. I just won't count Randy out, he's the man.

Post #32   4/4/07 6:11:26PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I don't think that people are comparing the actual fighters when they talk about Randy pulling off the upset... Just that he has beaten the odds so many times... For Christ's sake... Everyone wrote him off as an old man when he fought Chuck for the first time, and we all know what happened there...

The point is not writing him off... CC can KO him easily, sure... But to say that it is inevitable is the equivalent of MMA blasphamy...

Also, the problem with comparing CC to BigTim on the ground isn't that Sylvia has some sick advantage in the situation, it's that his damn long legs made it immpossible for anyone to get near him... Look at the way Monson struggled in Tim's guard, basically because he didn't have the reach to get into an advantageous position.

i never once thought tim would win...i actually bet for the ko win for randy.....

back to subject: Randy doesnt have the hand speed to set up the takedown on CC...CC is just too fast. there definitely wont be too many body or head kicks being attempted on CC's part so its going to be a 3rd round right hook left straight knockout over randy. CC also knows how to sprawl from the double leg really good and he is pretty good at getting away from the clinch...its going to be a slugfest and CC's chin is better and CC's hands are heavier

Post #33   4/4/07 6:16:36PM   

BadSanta

Banned

Career:45-27
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

i never once thought tim would win...i actually bet for the ko win for randy.....

back to subject: Randy doesnt have the hand speed to set up the takedown on CC...CC is just too fast. there definitely wont be too many body or head kicks being attempted on CC's part so its going to be a 3rd round right hook left straight knockout over randy. CC also knows how to sprawl from the double leg really good and he is pretty good at getting away from the clinch...its going to be a slugfest and CC's chin is better and CC's hands are heavier

If Randy can make it to the third round with CC, then he'll definitely end up winning it. CroCop either knocks him out in the first minute or else it will become clear that Randy has figured him out.

Post #34   4/4/07 8:48:14PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

If Randy can make it to the third round with CC, then he'll definitely end up winning it. CroCop either knocks him out in the first minute or else it will become clear that Randy has figured him out.

what logic do you have behind that? CC is not gonna come out just swinging non stop... hes going to wait for couture to come in for the clinch and then deliver the one two...

Post #35   4/4/07 8:56:05PM   

BadSanta

Banned

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

what logic do you have behind that? CC is not gonna come out just swinging non stop... hes going to wait for couture to come in for the clinch and then deliver the one two...

I hope you don't mind me saying but I have noticed that you use a rather overbearing tone in most of your posts. Take a chill pill, dude and realize that Bad Santa gets it right most of the time.

Post #36   4/4/07 11:47:49PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by BadSanta

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I hope you don't mind me saying but I have noticed that you use a rather overbearing tone in most of your posts. Take a chill pill, dude and realize that Bad Santa gets it right most of the time.

haha im irish....i just cant really help it...

Post #37   4/4/07 11:58:36PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by Svabbi

Posted by Gogoplata
Jesus, dude. Why do you hate Randy so much? He's one of the best ambassadors for the sport, especially to an older audience. Not to mention the fact that he IS the single greatest UFC champion of ALL TIME.

Chuck is great but Randy dominated two weight classes during his prime and just beat up Tim Sylvia to cement his legend as one of the best to ever step into the Octagon. I like Chuck, but you gotta give credit to Randy for being a class act and helping build UFC to what it is today.

LOL at this crap. Randy got his ass kicked at HW so much that he had to drop down to LHW. Then he started getting his ass kicked in LHW so he want back up to HW to fight a talentless ogre he knew he could beat. How the **** does that make him some dominator of two weightclasses LMAO

You're quite the joker. Randy is a baller and you have to at least give him a chance against Cro Cop. I don't think the fight will go Randy's way but you can't count him out. I mean, come on, he has won titles multiple times in two diff. weight classes.

Post #38   4/5/07 12:48:51PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by Svabbi

Posted by Gogoplata
Jesus, dude. Why do you hate Randy so much? He's one of the best ambassadors for the sport, especially to an older audience. Not to mention the fact that he IS the single greatest UFC champion of ALL TIME.

Chuck is great but Randy dominated two weight classes during his prime and just beat up Tim Sylvia to cement his legend as one of the best to ever step into the Octagon. I like Chuck, but you gotta give credit to Randy for being a class act and helping build UFC to what it is today.

LOL at this crap. Randy got his ass kicked at HW so much that he had to drop down to LHW. Then he started getting his ass kicked in LHW so he want back up to HW to fight a talentless ogre he knew he could beat. How the **** does that make him some dominator of two weightclasses LMAO

You're quite the joker. Randy is a baller and you have to at least give him a chance against Cro Cop. I don't think the fight will go Randy's way but you can't count him out. I mean, come on, he has won titles multiple times in two diff. weight classes.

Randy is NOT the UFC's all time greatest champion...beating a lot of good fighters is not the same as beating the best. He cant beat the LHW champ. I give him a punchers chance against CC and the same for AA...

Post #39   4/5/07 1:00:06PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Chips:
Well, there must be some reason he's in the Hall of Fame for Christ's sake.

Post #40   4/5/07 1:19:22PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

yeah the same reason slamcock and gracie are in there....

Post #41   4/5/07 1:42:38PM   

Archangel

Learning to Sprawl

Archangel Avatar

Career:183-106
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by Ydoc

Posted by Mastodon2
Cro Cop is a human wrecking ball, he will take Cro Cop out in round 1 I think.

I dunno, Cro Cop's headmovment is good and he can avoid leg kicks from Cro Cop.

Thats great you can poke fun at people's typo's. That speaks very highly of your own opinions.

Post #42   4/5/07 4:26:34PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Gogoplata

Why? Because they helped MMA be what it is today? Come on guys, give credit where credit is due, especially to Gracie. He may not be a solid MMA competitor in today's sport but he is a main reason if not THE reason that MMA is where it is today.

Post #43   4/5/07 5:53:11PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Gogoplata

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Gogoplata

Why? Because they helped MMA be what it is today? Come on guys, give credit where credit is due, especially to Gracie. He may not be a solid MMA competitor in today's sport but he is a main reason if not THE reason that MMA is where it is today.

i completely agree... but a legend of yesterday is nothing today....

except couture, he still has some fighting spirit left being as he was the only legend to be well rounded.

Post #44   4/5/07 6:02:19PM   

BadSanta

Banned

Chips:
Another person counting out Randy yet again. When will they ever learn?

Post #45   4/6/07 3:52:34AM   

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4