Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

THE ART OF WAR AS STRATEGIZED BY ST PIERRE

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
“The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him.”

- Sun Tzu, “The Art of War”

Current UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre may not have studied the famous text by Chinese General Sun Tzu, but he certainly employs his strategies in all of his fights.

Whether it was out wrestling Josh Koscheck, putting a ground clinic together against Matt Serra, or simply overpowering Matt Hughes, St. Pierre has taken the best weapon away from each of his opponents and made it his own strength.

Now St. Pierre faces his toughest challenge to date at UFC 87 when he faces top contender Jon Fitch, who is an extremely well rounded and dangerous fighter in all parts of his game. Despite the odds making him a huge favorite, St. Pierre isn’t looking past Fitch at all.

“A lot of people make me try to see through Jon Fitch and I don’t want that. I made a mistake once, I don’t want to do it again,” said St. Pierre alluding to his loss to Matt Serra. “Jon Fitch is probably the most dangerous guy I’ve fought so far, he’s a new breed of mixed martial arts fighter. Very well rounded.”

LINK

Post #1   8/8/08 1:43:27PM