Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

J Lau says Tapout Episode with brother Dan "Load of Bullshit"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
The Tapout Show with Dan was Garbage
August 07, 2008
My Brother was on a recent episode of the Tapout show... and the whole thing came off terribly.

LINK

Post #1   8/8/08 12:35:04AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,821-1,143
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
you know when I was watching that I told my wife how did he even make it to the UFC with coachs like that

but yes yes how I forget what reality TV does

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   8/8/08 1:00:47AM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:
Not surprising.

Post #3   8/8/08 1:04:06AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Humph.....I am a little surprised.....I thought they were doing fighters right, eye opener for me.

Post #4   8/8/08 1:17:43AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:
I don't think that anyone else has been this critical of the show before in public. I don't watch this show, or any other "reality tv" for this exact reason. The only "reality" is that an editor can give you exactly what he/she wants you to see.

When you've got a week's worth of footage, and you want to condense it down to an hour you have complete creative control over how you want something to look.

More power to them though. This is america, and they make their money in the same capitolist system as the rest of us. Joe can cry about the result all he wants. But he can't reasonibly believe that they wern't going to take liberties with footage and diolog for the sake of story and fabricated special interest. If Joe didn't see this coming, then I think he was probably a little too ignorant to the process.

Last edited 8/8/08 1:47AM server time by bojangalz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/8/08 1:46:44AM   

Salty

MMA Regular

Career:210-156
Chips:
yea i couldn't believe how they trashed both Bishops (gym i train at now) and RSD (gym i started out at) so they didn't get to see dan train as hard as they want a week out before his fight but they didn't know that he literally fought 2 weeks before that fight in GA so he didn't need to train as hard... not to mention if his trainers sucked as bad as the asshats said how the hell did joe get the the UFC and how has dan rack his record up to 10-2 with his only 2 losses coming from Fisher and Taruosevcious

Post #6   8/8/08 6:09:55AM   

EpicTerran

MMA Regular

EpicTerran Avatar

Career:658-391
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
Man I just didn't expect shows about MMA to be so distorted. That really turns me off from the show. Honestly that turns me off from the tapout crew too. Seems kind of shady now and I don't like it.

Post #7   8/8/08 7:54:49AM   

HighKick07

Learning to Sprawl

HighKick07 Avatar

Career:778-476
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
If they keep it up all the good tough small town camps.{which have some of the most talent} wont even go on the show.all well see is a couple more workouts at the pit.Like the show but dont care for bullshit.Not first person to say that either. The idea of pushing young talent is awesome.but a boring show with a good fight at the end is better then a made up story where the fighters are upset with lies and misleading truths.

Post #8   8/8/08 7:57:16AM   

Kugel

MMA Regular

Kugel Avatar

Career:1,529-904
Chips:
I didn't like that Mask was trying to coach him and tell him where to go either. Stick to acting like a goof ball, you are good at that. And it was obvious that Dan didn't want to be at the gym where a guy was getting ready to fight his brother. And I am sure Kenny din't want him training there at the time either.

Last edited 8/8/08 8:09AM server time by Kugel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   8/8/08 8:09:04AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
I was wondering why they were taking Dan to the Dellagrotte gym when Kenny and Joe had fought or were going to fight (depending on when this was filmed). It seemed weird to me. I feel bad that Joe feels this way, but I want to know how Dan feels? It's great that Joe is involved with his brother in a protective way, but this didn't have anything to do with him at all.
I'm glad they did this show because I (and all of us) got to see Dan Lauzon completely handle another fighter. Never once was Dan in any semblance of trouble in that fight. He is just as skilled as his brother and will be a force to be reckoned with for sure.

I'll bet you a nickel the Tapout guys address this issue with Joe. They don't seem to be the type to shit on somebody. Knowingly anyway.... Maybe they haven't seen the episode and how it came across. Further, I'm going out on a limb and say that The Versus Network are the producers of this show, not the Tapout crew, so those guys may have creative input, but they are not the ones writing, editing, or directing the episodes.
That being said, Joe may have some mis-directed angst here. He should be angry with Versus, not Tapout. I think this will get squashed soon.

Post #10   8/8/08 8:26:56AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:

Posted by Kugel

I didn't like that Mask was trying to coach him and tell him where to go either. Stick to acting like a goof ball, you are good at that. And it was obvious that Dan didn't want to be at the gym where a guy was getting ready to fight his brother. And I am sure Kenny din't want him training there at the time either.

Especially since there is a video on youtube where Danny Lauzon is totally ripping on Ken-Flo and the whole "I finish fights" line. Check it out....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSuunj8YAjc

Post #11   8/8/08 8:29:14AM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,480-1,168
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:
In my Opinion Tapout=Crap I have tried to watch a couple of shows and they sicken me. These guys should have stuck with pro wrestling and left MMA clean.

Post #12   8/8/08 10:31:02AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

I'll bet you a nickel the Tapout guys address this issue with Joe. They don't seem to be the type to shit on somebody. Knowingly anyway.... Maybe they haven't seen the episode and how it came across. Further, I'm going out on a limb and say that The Versus Network are the producers of this show, not the Tapout crew, so those guys may have creative input, but they are not the ones writing, editing, or directing the episodes.
That being said, Joe may have some mis-directed angst here. He should be angry with Versus, not Tapout. I think this will get squashed soon.

If I remember correctly, Mask not only produces TapouT, but also TUF.

Post #13   8/8/08 10:33:00AM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by EpicTerran

Man I just didn't expect shows about MMA to be so distorted. That really turns me off from the show. Honestly that turns me off from the tapout crew too. Seems kind of shady now and I don't like it.

It's Hollywood it's all distorted unless it's live.
Supposed "reality" shows are the worst because they make the common idiot think it's real.
Even without the editing do you really think people are themselves when they know they're being filmed? NO
Watch old episodes of candid camera. That's people being real, before computers took over and any budget could afford editing.

to Jlau for speaking the truth, He's a stand up guy.

Post #14   8/8/08 10:33:39AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
one question tho before you guys are finish hating on the show....were would YOU train at? rsd or dellagrote's?.....a gym that has multiple ufc guys or a gym that has two.....a gym that has one former title challenger and another upcoming challenger...or one that has none.....if i trained in boston, it would be at dellagrotes.

Post #15   8/8/08 10:56:25AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2