Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

No flash, just fights for Fitch...

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
By Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Sports

Jon Fitch jokes that a family photo which includes his brother, cousins, and father could be mistaken for a semi-pro football team. There are a lot of big men in that shot.

And, indeed, Fitch spent much of his life believing he was destined for the NFL.

“Little problem with that way of thinking,” Fitch says. “I am way too slow and turns out I’m at least four inches shorter than I thought I’d be.”

LINK

Post #1   8/7/08 8:50:52PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
I really really think Fitch is going to have a great showing on Saturday night. I've not convinced myself to pick him yet but I have convinced myself to throw some cheddar on him. This fight is way closer than what the line says because if GSP can't get Fitch to the ground I think it will be a long night for GSP.

I'm not saying Fitch is going to win but training take downs with Koscheck over and over again on top of Fitch already having above average take down D...... all I can say is I'm prepared for an "upset".

Post #2   8/7/08 9:24:43PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
you know...the more I read about this guy Fitch, the more and more I think he could become a favorite fighter of mine...this guys exemplifies the kind of attitude I really respect in fighters.

Post #3   8/7/08 9:25:06PM   

originalconspiracy

Learning to Sprawl

originalconspiracy Avatar

Career:767-437
Chips:
fitch is going down..gsp at 100% is unstoppable

Post #4   8/7/08 10:16:31PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

I really really think Fitch is going to have a great showing on Saturday night. I've not convinced myself to pick him yet but I have convinced myself to throw some cheddar on him. This fight is way closer than what the line says because if GSP can't get Fitch to the ground I think it will be a long night for GSP.

I'm not saying Fitch is going to win but training take downs with Koscheck over and over again on top of Fitch already having above average take down D...... all I can say is I'm prepared for an "upset".

I hope you're right. I've 100% decided that I'm rooting for him in this fight.

WAR FITCH

Post #5   8/8/08 9:23:31AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DevonFoxy

WAR FITCH

You and I both brother, I think you and I are the only two on this site. lol

Post #6   8/8/08 12:23:38PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DevonFoxy

WAR FITCH

You and I both brother, I think you and I are the only two on this site. lol

Ahem....3

Post #7   8/8/08 12:56:11PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
I'm a huge GSP fan, don't get me wrong. But I can't root against the hometown guy here. At least I won't be overly disappointed either way...

Post #8   8/8/08 1:10:19PM