Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Meia Will Be Sub-Hunting On Saturday Night

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:2,038-1,167
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Demian Maia is looking for his third submission win in the UFC when he faces Jason MacDonald on Saturday night.

Five of his seven consecutive wins have come by way of submission, and Maia believes if something isn’t broke, there is no point trying to fix it.

“I train always what I do best,” he told Tatame magazine this week. “If I need to fight stand up I’m ready to do it, but I believe jiu jitsu has always been my strongest part, I’ll always go for submission.”

Maia is a highly decorated grappler in his native Brazil and internationally, having won Pan American and ADCC titles, national and world championship sand seven state titles.

But he is aware that anything can happen in an MMA fight so to prepare himself for the stand-up element, he has drafted in a fellow Brazilian known for his aggressive Muay Thai.

“I’m at Las Vegas now and will train a little this week with Wanderlei Silva,” he revealed, adding that Silva will also be his cornerman at UFC 87.

LINK

Post #1   8/6/08 2:43:51PM   

MFOTHER

In Full Mount

MFOTHER Avatar

Career:1,027-563
Chips:
he is the common factor of alot of my parlays.......WAR MAIA!!

Post #2   8/6/08 3:08:31PM