Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tyson Griffin agrees to meet Sean Sherk at UFC 90

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:
Former UFC lightweight champion Sean Sherk (32-3-1 MMA, 6-3 UFC) and lightweight contender Tyson Griffin (12-1 MMA, 5-1) have agreed to meet at UFC 90, which takes place Oct. 25 at Allstate Arena just outside Chicago.

A source from Griffin's Xtreme Couture camp today told MMAjunkie.com that a verbal agreement is in place and bout agreements have been distributed.

The fight will likely end up on the night's televised main card, which features a main event of UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva vs. Patrick Cote.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/4990/tyson-griffin-agrees-to-meet-sean-sherk-at-ufc-90.mma

Post #1   8/6/08 2:02:08PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,397-1,758
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
Wow, this has the making to be the most boring fight in MMA history.

I normally hate Sherk, but I hate Griffin even more, so Sean Sherk by UD.

Post #2   8/6/08 3:30:19PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Khaos

You must not care for the ground game much because both fighters have very good ground games and should be a a great fight if you ask me. This fight has a good chance for being fight of the night.

Post #3   8/6/08 3:34:56PM   

dust

Banned

Career:453-247
Chips:

Posted by Khaos

Wrong. Why do you even watch MMA? Probably because you're a follower.

Post #4   8/6/08 3:40:17PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Khaos

You must not care for the ground game much because both fighters have very good ground games and should be a a great fight if you ask me. This fight has a good chance for being fight of the night.

Agreed, this fight has a lot of potential, both trying to get make their way to the title, Sherk being trying to get back to the title, I see a very good ground game fight, and also see Sherk by sub, rd2.

Post #5   8/6/08 3:41:43PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I don't know guys, a great wrestling match I can see but great fight it will not be. This one is going to the judges. Neither guy is very good a subs. This will for the most part IMO be sherk riding Griffen for 3 rounds.

Post #6   8/6/08 4:25:26PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by dust

Wrong. Why do you even watch MMA? Probably because you're a follower.

Post #7   8/6/08 4:31:03PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,397-1,758
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Khaos

I like the ground game, I again just hate both fighters, it'll be boring to me even if it's in fact voted Fight of the Night.

As for the other guy to quote my comment, is all I have to say.

Post #8   8/6/08 6:15:05PM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:
Tyson has more power than BJ but in not as skilled with his hands- Sherk will win this unless Griffen can keep it standing and catch him with a kick or an uppercut when Sherk shoots in.

- Im cheering for Griffen (it wasnt his fault the judges awarded him the win over Guida)

Post #9   8/6/08 8:05:48PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,337-741
Chips:

Posted by Khaos
I like the ground game, I again just hate both fighters, it'll be boring to me even if it's in fact voted Fight of the Night.

Well being boring to you and being a boring fight are two different things all together. In your first post you said "Wow, this has the making to be the most boring fight in MMA history. " Now to you maybe but to lot of people because of the level of each fighters ground game this could be one of the best fights of the year. I don't know how you can say you like the ground game but think this will be boring. Both fighters have outstanding ground games and I think we could see a fast passed back and forth battle from both. I think this fight could be as good or better than the Edgar vs Griffin fight was.

Post #10   8/6/08 8:12:19PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Chips:

Posted by Cdellorso

Tyson has more power than BJ but in not as skilled with his hands- Sherk will win this unless Griffen can keep it standing and catch him with a kick or an uppercut when Sherk shoots in.

- Im cheering for Griffen (it wasnt his fault the judges awarded him the win over Guida)

No he doesnt, he has good technique, but his speed and power lack in comparison to bj's

Post #11   8/6/08 8:20:19PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I dunno, I think this one will be a snoozer. Both guys tend to bore me, I don't like their style of ground game, it's controlling and inflicting enough damage to win. I personally loved watching Nog vs Barney, anything when two offensive ground games get together I enjoy.

Post #12   8/6/08 8:38:35PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,904-1,018
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Khaos

that was a jerk comment 2 make ... the guy is a 100m percent right ... this in all likely hood will be a boring fight tyson use 2 be exciting but his last few wins put me 2 sleep ... and sherk is the most boring fighter in mma i want 2 see mma not a wrestling match ... and some guy said tyson has more power then bj ? is that serious ? bj has alot of ko's and drops in his career griffin has none in the ufc so i would have 2 disagree strongly

Post #13   8/6/08 8:47:35PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,904-1,018
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Posted by Khaos

Well being boring to you and being a boring fight are two different things all together. In your first post you said "Wow, this has the making to be the most boring fight in MMA history. " Now to you maybe but to lot of people because of the level of each fighters ground game this could be one of the best fights of the year. I don't know how you can say you like the ground game but think this will be boring. Both fighters have outstanding ground games and I think we could see a fast passed back and forth battle from both. I think this fight could be as good or better than the Edgar vs Griffin fight was.

and both fighters have a good ground game in the sence they avoid subs and are good from the top which imo doesnt qulify for a good ground game ... both fighters are only good when there on top ... i didnt see sherk havea good ground game against gsp or tyson against edgar ... both fighters need 2 finish people soon real champions finish fights ! (for ex gsp bj big nog anderson silva ) ...

Post #14   8/6/08 8:49:54PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:
Both are good wrestlers who have good top games/ground control, so it will be interesting to see who will be put on their backs first. It might not be the most exciting fight of the night, but it is a big fight for the Lightweight division. Good fight.

Post #15   8/6/08 9:11:41PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2