Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

JON FITCH WANTS GOLD, NO MORE EXCUSES

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,899-1,095
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Jon Fitch may be the best fighter at 170 pounds that many fans don’t know much about. He has gone under the radar in the Ultimate Fighting Championship defeating top competition like Thiago Alves, Brock Larson, Roan Carneiro and Diego Sanchez. He is undefeated in the UFC going 8-0 in his tenure. The hard work is about to pay off as he gets his shot at the welterweight crown on Saturday night against Georges St. Pierre.

MMAWeekly Radio caught up with Fitch prior to his fight with St. Pierre to discuss his preparation and training. “All of the hard stuff is done. Now it's just time to have fun,” said a confident Fitch. “I'm just letting my body recover. It's been getting beat up for 12 weeks, so I finally get to rest now.”

This fight will be Fitch’s first foray into a five-round title fight. Known for his rigorous training, he has prepared himself a little differently for a full five-round fight. “Just more and more work. Almost double the cardio work as normal. It's pretty crazy. When I started the camp, I couldn't believe it that I was going to do double the workouts as before. I've always been a cardio guy. I always pushed my cardio. I was doubling my output. Halfway through my camp it started getting pretty easy and I started seeing changes in myself.

LINK

Post #1   8/6/08 1:39:25PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
I'm thinking this man's starting to become one of my favorite fighters...I love his attitude about getting fights.

Post #2   8/6/08 1:49:07PM   

casey64

BANNED

Career:481-292
Chips:
You know I think Fitch can pull it off, if he puts his heart and mind to it, he has the skills to be a champion and now its time to show everyone he can do it.

GO FITCH!!!

Post #3   8/6/08 2:43:01PM   

KillaCoupe

Learning to Sprawl

KillaCoupe Avatar

Career:79-64
Chips:
honestly i dont see him keeping up with GSPs pace

Post #4   8/6/08 5:33:55PM   

MarkN

Learning to Sprawl

MarkN Avatar

Career:31-19
Chips:
Honestly I don't think Fitch can andel GSP's riddem.

Last edited 8/6/08 5:42PM server time by MarkN
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/6/08 5:41:52PM