Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito Ortiz to Affliction MMA official

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

RampageOwnedYou

Banned

RampageOwnedYou Avatar

Career:493-284
Chips:

The UFC needs to start putting together BETTER cards.

Yeah 4 to 5 good fights are usually on IF that.

But they need top cards from top to bottom. NO EXCUSES. Lets look at it this way, UFC has 40-60 SOLID fighters, how is it not possible to put PRIDE cards when they were around?

I see Dana White allowing Silva to do better cards, because he wants to make millions at a low cost. This pisses me off and im sure many, just for the fact we pay almost 50 bucks a ppv. And i dont know about you guys, but my ass isn't rich, and im sure most people arn't, So if we are making him millions, why cant he give us a year AT Least, of SOLID cards?
He is just going to lose to the competition, and him being a smart guy should now, this is where he needs to step up and give the fans what they want.

Enough of these SUB Par cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited 8/6/08 1:58AM server time by rampageownedyou
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   8/6/08 1:58:04AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I would agree with the card issue if I got to see all the fights on the card instead of only like 5 anyways...you know. Tito will most likely get Whitehead or someone else as a first fight, then later on it will be Tito vs Babalu for the belt. I say Babalu gets the sub!

Post #17   8/6/08 2:16:09AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,838-1,149
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Seems to me that Tito thinks he is bigger than the UFC which he is not he is bigger than Affiliction right now but if they don't fork out the bucks to promote they have Tito this will get the 500,000 buys just cause they have Tito I don't know time will tell but Tito is Tito

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #18   8/6/08 2:17:12AM   

TWITA

MMA Regular

TWITA Avatar

Career:1,450-850
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I truly believe that Tito is done winning fights. All of his recent wins were against "old man" Shamrock. Dude should have lost to Forrest, he fought to a draw with Rashad Evans and got beat by Machida. Whatever Affliction is paying him - it's too much.

Post #19   8/6/08 9:22:50AM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

haha tito thinks he's going to get paid from affliction. ok so he might and help run the company down. Let's face it, I dont see ortiz as a top guy anymore. With the lack of depth in Affliction, ortiz won't beat babalu or lil nog. then nobody will want to see affliction throw lesser fighters at ortiz.

Seriously are you kidding?
Lil Nog nor Babalu will even come close to beating Tito. Who has he lost too that makes you think he'll lose to either of them? Babalu got his ass beat by Jason Lambert, who in his last four fights has lost three of them to B-level fighters.
Lil Nog would be a test for Tito, but Tito has the perfect style to beat him.

He lost to Chuck (top 5 in the world), he won the fight against Rashad (I've seen fighters grab the fence alot mor than he did in that fight), and he lost to Machida which IMO only wins because he runs like a scared little girl until he wins a decision by throwing weak strikes.

Tito is definately a good acquisition for Affliction. He will sell more tickets than any single fighter in their roster. I'm not saying he's the best fighter in their roster but he's the best buisness man and knows the tricks to sell fights to the casual fan.

War Tito!

Last edited 8/6/08 10:28AM server time by zekeil
2 total post edits

Post #20   8/6/08 10:17:30AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Career:837-507
Chips:
giving tito the biggest contract out there is stupid as hell...yeah he'll get you viewers in his first fight, but after he most likely loses and gives a terrible showing, then people arent gonna watch him......tito is old news and needs to move on to business, thats were is heart is, and thats saying that he ever had one...the gives up more often than france....who did he ever beat worth a damn?...wandy? in wandys fifth fight or whatever? before he really knew anything but brawling, and all tito did was lay and pray...who else? belfort, anybody that saw that fight a second time knows belfort shouldve won....tito made a name fighting less than adequate title challengers in the dark ages in the ufc......when he finally fought upper echelon talent, he got exposed....so whatever this huge contract is, the organization better have made it a one fight deal

Post #21   8/6/08 11:12:42AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I hope Tito looses every fight at Affliction.....With the type of fighters they are signing it is definately a possibility......BOOOOO TITO!!!!

Post #22   8/6/08 11:22:19AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

haha tito thinks he's going to get paid from affliction. ok so he might and help run the company down. Let's face it, I dont see ortiz as a top guy anymore. With the lack of depth in Affliction, ortiz won't beat babalu or lil nog. then nobody will want to see affliction throw lesser fighters at ortiz.

Lil Nog nor Babalu will even come close to beating Tito. Who has he lost too that makes you think he'll lose to either of them? Babalu got his ass beat by Jason Lambert, who in his last four fights has lost three of them to B-level fighters.

He lost to Chuck (top 5 in the world), he won the fight against Rashad (I've seen fighters grab the fence alot mor than he did in that fight), and he lost to Machida which IMO only wins because he runs like a scared little girl until he wins a decision by throwing weak strikes.

Tito is definately a good acquisition for Affliction. He will sell more tickets than any single fighter in their roster. I'm not saying he's the best fighter in their roster but he's the best buisness man and knows the tricks to sell fights to the casual fan.

War Tito!

WOW......What planet are you from.....Tito isnt even top 10 LHW in my opinion.....I think he looses both those fights.....

Post #23   8/6/08 11:26:34AM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by Zekeil

he lost to Machida which IMO only wins because he runs like a scared little girl until he wins a decision by throwing weak strikes.

Yea those weak strikes that Machida did he only put Ortiz on his back and completely dominated the whole fight hurting Ortiz a couple of times most of the time ending the round with Machida on top of Ortiz pounding him but yea those were some weak strikes

Last edited 8/6/08 11:47AM server time by DevonFoxy
2 total post edits

Post #24   8/6/08 11:36:13AM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:
seriously who are YOU kidding?......uh babulu beat shogun, was beating lambert before getting caught and many other top notch fighters...i could go on but mma math is as worthless as your comment that tito would run all over lil nog and babalu..last i checked lil nog was still top 10 and has fought and beaten more top competition than dye job....who has tito beat??....machida made tito his bitch by utilizing a smart game plan to nuetrilize titos abundance of inadequces....and even dropped him with a knee to the body!!...who gets dropped with an open knee to the body at that level? overhyped fighters thats who

Post #25   8/6/08 11:40:09AM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wrona666

Posted by Zekeil

War Tito!

WOW......What planet are you from.....Tito isnt even top 10 LHW in my opinion.....I think he looses both those fights.....

Post up some pictures of someone beat up after a Machida fight.

You can't, even the Gif's you just posted are weak. Look at those punches...LOL my girlfriend hits harder.

Machida can't run forever, He will be exposed in his next couple fights.

Also If you actually read I never said Tito is top ten on any list.

Last edited 8/6/08 1:23PM server time by zekeil
2 total post edits

Post #26   8/6/08 1:19:16PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Must be good to be Tito. Away from Dana, new big money deal, new kid on the way with Jenna...not much missing.

Post #27   8/6/08 1:22:03PM   

wiggum

In Full Mount

wiggum Avatar

Chips:
if he's so weak, get in the ring with him then and show it......or maybe you should take the safe route and just look at franklin after his fight, or hoger, or nakamura...they were all beat to hell....or you can just be an internet tough guy and do nothing......tito is past his day and even in his day never beat anybody worth mentioning except a green silva...end of story

Post #28   8/6/08 1:23:19PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wiggum

seriously who are YOU kidding?......uh babulu beat shogun, was beating lambert before getting caught and many other top notch fighters...i could go on but mma math is as worthless as your comment that tito would run all over lil nog and babalu..last i checked lil nog was still top 10 and has fought and beaten more top competition than dye job....who has tito beat??....machida made tito his bitch by utilizing a smart game plan to nuetrilize titos abundance of inadequces....and even dropped him with a knee to the body!!...who gets dropped with an open knee to the body at that level? overhyped fighters thats who

Babalu hasn't beat anyone of calibur for years and he beat shogun...who cares so did Forrest LOL.
What top ten list are you checking... The pride nuthugger's list?
Lil Nog hasn't fought anyone in the UFC so how could he be anywhere close to top ten?
Ufc has the best fighters in the world...so until all of your overhyped Pride girls come fight in the UFC they're no where close to top ten( ala Shogun, Cro-Cop).

In other words STFU and get off Pride's nut's already, It's dead and gone GET OVER IT.

Post #29   8/6/08 1:35:34PM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Chips:

Posted by wiggum

if he's so weak, get in the ring with him then and show it......or maybe you should take the safe route and just look at franklin after his fight, or hoger, or nakamura...they were all beat to hell....or you can just be an internet tough guy and do nothing......tito is past his day and even in his day never beat anybody worth mentioning except a green silva...end of story

I'm what you call a critic, not a professional MMA fighter, so Machida would beat me stupider than you are.
Yawn...I'm getting tired of talking about Machida, it's putting me to sleep kinda like his fight's.
Like I said before he can't run forever.

Post #30   8/6/08 1:54:12PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3