Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Juanito Ibarra "devastated" by Quinton Jackson arrest

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Juanito Ibarra, a central figure as both trainer and mentor in the life of Quinton Jackson over the past three-plus years, is struggling to come to grips with the fighter's recent actions and subsequent arrest.

Ibarra told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) Tuesday night that he has not spoken with Jackson since the former UFC light heavyweight champion was arrested by Costa Mesa police July 15, following an alleged hit-and-run accident and subsequent police chase on a California freeway.

"I'm devastated by what he's been through and some of the things I've heard," said Ibarra. "I've not sat down with Quinton to this day to discuss things. I pray for his well-being, and if I helped Quinton out a little bit with his growth in the sport, then I've been very blessed and honored to do that. I love this kid with all my heart, and I wish him nothing but the best."

LINK

Post #1   8/5/08 2:02:43PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:
this whole thing is such a sad story. talk about falling from the top, that's exactly what jackson did. i hope he could take care of himself mentally and emotionally and come back and fight again. it's really unfortunate that this woman had a miscarriage. that might mean some jail time for rampage. regardless, i wish him the best.

Post #2   8/5/08 3:09:42PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
If this is true about this lady having a miscarage and if it was due to the accident i hope that rampage does some jail time.....I dont care what kind of excuse they come up with for his "RAMPAGE" he deserves jail time...

Post #3   8/5/08 3:32:26PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think it's unlikely that he does jail time for this. He will most likely have a long legal battle, if he loses I see him doing probation of some kind and paying a big fine. Miscarriages are a unique occurrence when it comes to the law. Every state has their own idea of when a fetus legally becomes a human being with constitutional rights, even if they proved that the miscarriage was a result of the crash the circumstances likely wouldn't warrant jail time.

If he does time at all it would probably be a few months at most with good behaviour. My guess is he just pays a big fine.

Post #4   8/5/08 5:14:35PM   

aaa9erh8er

Belt Contender

aaa9erh8er Avatar

Career:330-217
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
regaurdless of the miscarage (not trying to understate it) just talking about hit and run is seious im from ca and i no first hand many aspect of the legal system including hit and runs arent taken lightly out here at all. but no matter what i wish him the best but i agree that he should spend some time in jail if its all tru becouse superstar or not ppl need to be acountable for what they do

Post #5   8/5/08 5:28:11PM   

Stills79

MMA Regular

Stills79 Avatar

Career:140-82
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

If this is true about this lady having a miscarage and if it was due to the accident i hope that rampage does some jail time.....I dont care what kind of excuse they come up with for his "RAMPAGE" he deserves jail time...

Post #6   8/5/08 5:51:25PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,989-1,152
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
IF.......

That's IF.

Post #7   8/5/08 6:01:46PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
probably if he were poor he would end up spending time in jail but I really doubt that this case will get jail time with a good lawyer arguing it. He'll probably just try to settle out of court with the lady and deal with the hit and runs if possible.

Last edited 8/5/08 6:40PM server time by aether
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   8/5/08 6:39:52PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Career:75-70
Chips:
You know, there are alot of threads like this popping up lately where you guys are awfully quick to point your goddamn fingers at another person and say that's the bad guy.
You know jack shit about the actual circumstances surrounding both Rampage and the person in his truck, but here you are running your mouth's about jail time. You make me sick.
You dont know if that woman decided that her baby wasn't important enough to stop smoking for it. You dont know how far along she was. What if she was 3 weeks pregnant? A miscarriage at that point would be a small blood clot, and is common that early. You don't know that she might have been 38 years old which is VERY far along in age for her body to be able to nurture a fetus. Point being, YOU DONT KNOW.

Give us your credentials that make you morally superior enough to point your fingers or shut the FU*K UP!

Last edited 8/6/08 8:59AM server time by saemskin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   8/6/08 8:55:37AM   

Stills79

MMA Regular

Stills79 Avatar

Career:140-82
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

You know, there are alot of threads like this popping up lately where you guys are awfully quick to point your goddamn fingers at another person and say that's the bad guy.
You know jack shit about the actual circumstances surrounding both Rampage and the person in his truck, but here you are running your mouth's about jail time. You make me sick.
You dont know if that woman decided that her baby wasn't important enough to stop smoking for it. You dont know how far along she was. What if she was 3 weeks pregnant? A miscarriage at that point would be a small blood clot, and is common that early. You don't know that she might have been 38 years old which is VERY far along in age for her body to be able to nurture a fetus. Point being, YOU DONT KNOW.

Give us your credentials that make you morally superior enough to point your fingers or shut the FU*K UP!

Why do you think we use the word "IF"? Yes, IF all that is alleged IS true, THEN he SHOULD do jail time. So YOU shut the FU*K UP!

Post #10   8/6/08 5:16:49PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:
If she did lose her baby then I think Rampage will either be dishing out some serious dough or doing some time, it all depends on what type of person this lady is.

Post #11   8/6/08 11:43:02PM   

saemskin

BANNED

Chips:
if frog's had wings then they wouldnt bump their asses when they hop.

I can argue all day with what if's, but it will make me look just as stupid as you do when you do it. In the eyes of people that know better anyway.

We got another iffer right above me.... what the hell is wrong with you people anyway?

Post #12   8/7/08 7:55:38AM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by Stills79

Posted by saemskin

Why do you think we use the word "IF"? Yes, IF all that is alleged IS true, THEN he SHOULD do jail time. So YOU shut the FU*K UP!

I thought the lady in question was 16 weeks pregnant??

Saemskin sounds like he is stuck to the underside of Pages ballbag to me.

Post #13   8/7/08 8:27:50AM   

saemskin

BANNED

Chips:
I'm down here with your mom dickhead.

Post #14   8/7/08 1:18:12PM   

Red-Dragon

In Full Mount

Red-Dragon Avatar

Career:337-201
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:

Posted by saemskin

I'm down here with your mom dickhead.

Very clever. I wont challange you. You are oviously far too quick witted and original to contend with

Post #15   8/7/08 1:24:14PM