Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

randy's chin !!!!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
Having never trained in striking myself, i wouldnt know the true answer to this question so i was hopeing someone on here could tell me.
As couture has been ko'd twice by chuck, and the fact that he's 43 so his body has aged since the pedro rizzo fights, is it possible while training for a bought that you can fix your chin ?? by this i mean can you get hit there enough in training to minimise the chances of getting ko'd.
when you get arm barred, you go away and train to get out of them, is it the same sort of thing when it comes to getting ko'd or like noguiera is it all about heart.

My main question was answered sat night, randy has def worked on his chin, although tim never really caught him with any shots, he was more aware and had the knowledge of how to avoid tims strikes. !!!! fantastic.

Last edited 3/5/07 3:29PM server time by keith-hackney1
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   3/3/07 4:12:39PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I would say it's more about heart. Some people get knocked out easier than others, and there's nothing they can do about it. That's what glass-jaws are all about....some people just get ko'd a lot easier.

Post #2   3/3/07 4:17:15PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I would say it's more about heart. Some people get knocked out easier than others, and there's nothing they can do about it. That's what glass-jaws are all about....some people just get ko'd a lot easier.

Well I did hear a fighter in an interview say that in training, your chin can be improved with the more hard punches you take. Something to do with getting used to the feeling of being rocked. But yeah, for the most part it has to do with the structure of your head. Some peoples jaws slam back easier then others.

Post #3   3/3/07 4:20:15PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Wow...I'm not saying that's not true, but I've never heard that about strengthening your chin. Sounds a little dangerous for training to me.

Post #4   3/3/07 4:26:47PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
I heard someone say that making your neck stronger helps agianst knockouts. Not sure if true or not.

Post #5   3/3/07 4:29:43PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
When you get hit in the sweet spot, there is nothing you can do. I remember Chucks second fight with Randy. People were saying that Randy has never been KO'ed. His been in there with Pedro" The Rock" Rizzo (So, if his last name is pronounced Hizzo, is it, Pedro "The Hock" Hizzo?) Ricco, Josh, (Old) Vitor, Maurice Smith and wasn't Ko'ed, how is Chuck gonna do it? Chuck hit the sweet spot.

Remember all the talk about Cabbage? The Pitbull drops him. Then Tanks drops him and then he gets dropped in Elite XC. Remember that Fedor was untouchable? Fujita caught him. Cro_Cop got caught by Randleman. The top of your head, the temple and the jaw. Get hit right, you're down.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #6   3/3/07 4:32:05PM   

shawneth

MMA Regular

shawneth Avatar

Career:397-201
Chips:

Posted by zephead

When you get hit in the sweet spot, there is nothing you can do. I remember Chucks second fight with Randy. People were saying that Randy has never been KO'ed. His been in there with Pedro" The Rock" Rizzo (So, if his last name is pronounced Hizzo, is it, Pedro "The Hock" Hizzo?) Ricco, Josh, (Old) Vitor, Maurice Smith and wasn't Ko'ed, how is Chuck gonna do it? Chuck hit the sweet spot.

Remember all the talk about Cabbage? The Pitbull drops him. Then Tanks drops him and then he gets dropped in Elite XC. Remember that Fedor was untouchable? Fujita caught him. Cro_Cop got caught by Randleman. The top of your head, the temple and the jaw. Get hit right, you're down.

Very true. Anybody can be kncoked out at any time of the day if there hit on the right spot. Tim Sylvia still amazed me though when Arlovski clipped him in their second fight and couldnt put him out. That was the hardest punch i think ive ever seen. It 'll take one hell of a punch to knock that guy out.

Post #7   3/3/07 4:38:58PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Sometimes when you get clipped on the jaw, you lose your equilibrium. You're not KO'ed, you just lose your balance. I think that is what happened to Tim in that fight.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #8   3/3/07 5:15:06PM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
When i was 15 i had a boxing coach ( small town hack)
who said that you could strengthe your jaw with chewing big wads a gum a lot.
Don't know if it is true but he had 8 of us gullible kids doing it fo 6 months.

Post #9   3/3/07 6:09:53PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by zephead

My point to the post is...
randy moving upto heavy weight at 43 having been ko'd twice at light heavy weight is impossible to win unless you've trained with guys like tim dropping bombs on your spots to help your preparation. If randy looses it will be a k.o, i just think randy is smart and i hope he's ready to take a bit of hard punching from tim in order to get into a position to end the giant and win the fight. It wont come easy, anyone from now on to beat tim will have to be able to take a few shots first.

Post #10   3/3/07 6:18:41PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:

Posted by Unkoman

Good friend in college was golden gloves champ and he would always chew big wads of gum. Also I agree with the strong neck theory.

Post #11   3/3/07 7:36:24PM   

thatfedorsohotrightnow

banned

Career:142-108
Chips:

Posted by shawneth

Posted by waylon_o

Well I did hear a fighter in an interview say that in training, your chin can be improved with the more hard punches you take. Something to do with getting used to the feeling of being rocked. But yeah, for the most part it has to do with the structure of your head. Some peoples jaws slam back easier then others.

I think getting hit repeatedly would not be good for your restistance to being KO'd. I think exact opposite, ko=brain swelling. This is like any other injury, maybe you can heal and come back 100%, or maybe it never heals just right.

Post #12   3/3/07 7:41:54PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by Unkoman

no that is true, a lot of atheletes use that technique

Post #13   3/3/07 7:51:34PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Randy wasnt KO'd by chuck in their last fight, it was a punch that dropped him and then a tko. Without the fence grabbing who knows how that fight would of gone down. And of course the 1st KO was just out of pure frustration and randy letting go of his gameplan for the first and last time ever

Post #14   3/3/07 8:19:29PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,946-1,103
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Also, if you get hit in the neck and throat a KO can happen.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #15   3/3/07 8:31:14PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2